rocksmith 2014 update added to Steam today stops CDLC Dll for working

shane_42

Question

if anyone could confirm i got a rocksmith 2014 update today and when i attempt to launch rocksmith 2014 it won't launch, i have reinstalled and removed all files.

when i launch rocksmith 2014 via steam without the CDLC dll it launches when i re add the dll rocksmith fails to launch, this could be some condition music producers are enforcing on ubisoft in relation to content for rocksmith +.

in steam right click the install and go to beta and enter "JustInCaseWeNeedIt"  download backup that removes the update 

rocksmith then launches thank you to the poster below id never have figured this out, i am backing up all my local files just encase 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There are a couple of things that seem to work. The beatsaber work around seems to work as well without using the temporary legacy version via "JustInCaseWeNeedIt" 

1/ Find appmanifest_221860.acf in steamapps folder 

2/ open with Notepad

3/ Change the number after "stateflags" from "6" to "4" (6 means update - 4 means already updated)

4/ Change the number 4556485830000690187 to 8947385950072815198

5/ Save file and restart steam

Possible 6/ Set the appmanifest file to read only 

I did this BEFORE the update happened so not sure about after it's been done

But we're still stuck with the updated version if you can't get to it in time or if you ever format your hard drive or get a new PC.  😞

rocksmithfix.png

In case you updated Rocksmith and now it no worky:

1. Roll back the update with using beta version (right click Rocksmith on the list of your games in Steam library -> properties -> Betas -> enter JustInCaseWeNeedIt as a beta access code)
  2. Update "Rocksmith 2014 [previous_version]"
  3. Backup Rocksmith 2014 directory somewhere.
  4. Switch back from beta to normal version (right click Rocksmith on the list of your games in Steam library -> properties -> Betas -> switch from "previous_version" to "None" as a beta you would like to opt into)
  5. Update Rocksmith 2014.
  6. Exit Steam.
  7. Delete Rocksmith 2014 from it's directory (right click Rocksmith on the list of your games in Steam library -> Manage -> Browse local files)
  8. Put backed up Rocksmith 2014 into the same directory.
  9. Open appmanifest_221680.acf (It's probably in steamapps folder. Get notepad++ or use normal notepad) and make sure "StateFlags" is at "4" (probably not necessary)
  10. Make appmanifest_221680.acf read only (right click -> properties -> read only) (probably not necessary, remember to undo this step if you encounter some problems with updating)
  11. Enjoy.

Keep that backed up version of Rocksmith just in case. If you'd ever need to install Rocksmith again in the future start from step 5 and use your backed up version.

I wish I would have seen this earlier.

I ended up like other people uninstalling and reinstalling several times to include uninstalling steam altogether, uninstalling several other games with it for no reason.

I switched to an old pc before midnight so i could continue my current log in streak, which worked as a temp fix.

when trying to get the dll to work, I even tried the DLL installer. When attempting to using it, the installer refused to install the DLL giving me a message and saying that my legit game I've had since 2014 was a pirated copy, which further suggests to me this was an intentional break of CDLC by Ubisoft.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, happymambo said:

There are a couple of things that seem to work. The beatsaber work around seems to work as well without using the temporary legacy version via "JustInCaseWeNeedIt" 

1/ Find appmanifest_221860.acf in steamapps folder 

2/ open with Notepad

3/ Change the number after "stateflags" from "6" to "4" (6 means update - 4 means already updated)

4/ Change the number 4556485830000690187 to 8947385950072815198

5/ Save file and restart steam

Possible 6/ Set the appmanifest file to read only 

I did this BEFORE the update happened so not sure about after it's been done

But we're still stuck with the updated version if you can't get to it in time or if you ever format your hard drive or get a new PC.  😞

rocksmithfix.png

This worked for me. I caught it before the update installed though. Super easy fix.

I'd just wait for something more official. If the dll actually got updated then people that are smarter than me will post it on this forum. Until then you can just roll back the update on steam using their beta thing. Stay safe and don't download random stuff from the internet. From what I've heard update breaking cdlc is not intentional. Sounds unlikely, but they created a way to go back to version that works well. We'll see how thing will go. Just in case I already have a backup of working version of RS stored in a safe place.

• Like 3

This wasn't a random link.  It was from the guy that makes RS_ASIO's GitHub...I had asked about CDLC not working  and he pointed me to that Reddit thread for the fix.  

https://github.com/mdias/rs_asio/issues/306

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/xblbit/people_are_claiming_that_a_new_patch_is_out_that/

He also released a fix for RS_ASIO that should work without rolling back the update I think but have not tried this.  

I should have been more clear in my original post.  This was all a very legit source.  However, I don't think there's actually a fix yet, seems like it would be spreading pretty quickly.