2014 remastered not opening in steam

Marcmunky

Question

1 hour ago, xjefx said:

So.. where's the updated dll?

All the old links here

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered/

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CDLCEnabler

Have been updated to the new files.

Keep using the Beta version if you wanna use rsmods, otherwise you can use the updated version with the new files.

• Thanks 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

The approved solution by CF is probably to use the DLL as has always been the case. The issue had been that people needed time to update it. Well it's been updated. What you're suggesting by downloading an exe is probably not something that'll be supported by CF, and likely to get a DMCA if ubisoft finds their executable able to be downloaded for free.

TL;DR: CF has updated the DLL. That's the fix.

I removed the link in the posting above. It was IMO the fastest solution - and I read lots of reddit, steam and so on about do this, that, go offline and so on. The dll is now available here ... I'll give it a try. 😉

Thanks.

EDIT: ... confirmed! 😉 Good job and thanks for this.

28 minutes ago, BluesMcGroove said:

CF has updated the DLL. That's the fix.

Do you have further information about the difference between old and new dll? What was changed on the Ubi-side? Audio, texture, model? ... looks like, it's a hackround because of the seen differences between odlc and cdlc.

Argh ...what am I doing?

Fresh install via Steam (backed up DLCs, but deleted everything else). Ran the new version with no patch = all good. Put in new .dll, and then run = no good. Tried the rollback method (old beta, using the code, with the correct upper and lower case, selected 'previous version', tried again = no good. Get to the white screen before the logo splash and it kicks me out and back to Steam.

Do I also need to roll back the .dll to the older version if I'm trying the beta workaround?

Edit - I got it working. Uninstall, reinstall, added .dll, ran ok. Added asio, ran ok. Then added rsmods, working. Amazing work to the mods and patchers. Many, many thanks!

On 9/15/2022 at 2:16 AM, BluesMcGroove said:

The approved solution by CF is probably to use the DLL as has always been the case. The issue had been that people needed time to update it. Well it's been updated. What you're suggesting by downloading an exe is probably not something that'll be supported by CF, and likely to get a DMCA if ubisoft finds their executable able to be downloaded for free.

TL;DR: CF has updated the DLL. That's the fix.

Imho Ubisoft has no right to dcma an exe file, because you can't use it without already owning the other files you can only get by owning the game(iow the exe file is not a crack/piracy it is merely a file that still requires you to own a copy of Rocksmith to use it)

Rolling back a game you already own to a prior state is not piracy.(also consider that Ubisoft has already said they support mods on Rocksmith which means theres no way they'll dcma a simple exe.)

On 9/10/2022 at 4:31 PM, Blondie said:

New Update FIX.
Steam Library -> Rocksmith 2014 -> Properties -> Betas -> (Enter beta code) = justInCaseWeNeedIt
Select the beta = previous version.

Start game as usual, new update roles back, and game works as before....

"Ubisoft has given Rocksmith 2014 community a little backdoor, but how long ???"

This works so far for me. But since Ubisoft is deciding to be money grabbing douches I hope they are ready to refund money spent on the game and DLC if they want to lock us out.