2014 remastered not opening in steam

Marcmunky

Question

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

New Update FIX.
Steam Library -> Rocksmith 2014 -> Properties -> Betas -> (Enter beta code) = justInCaseWeNeedIt
Select the beta = previous version.

Start game as usual, new update roles back, and game works as before....

"Ubisoft has given Rocksmith 2014 community a little backdoor, but how long ???"

Just a note, that Beta code is case sensitive;  JustInCaseWeNeedIt

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

New Update FIX.
Steam Library -> Rocksmith 2014 -> Properties -> Betas -> (Enter beta code) = justInCaseWeNeedIt

"Ubisoft has given Rocksmith 2014 community a little backdoor, but how long ???"

• Like 6

Hey, i have the same problem. I got an update for RS2014 on Steam when I tried to open it today and after that it won't launch. There were not change notes for that update.

However, once I removed the D3DX9_42.dll from the game's folder it opens correctly, but then custom songs wont play...

I thought something like this could happen, I told a friend and he called me paranoid.

Anyways, since the end of last year I've been backing up my game once per month and the CDLD's every time I add new ones.

Today after the patch (that broke my game) I just replaced the game with the backup and ran steam without internet, all working.

With internet, steam will tell me "rocksmith cloud is out of date" but I won't try to fix it, I changed to "only update when I launch it".

If you don't have a backup, go with the beta fix and backup for later, it is not the best solution but I guess they won't be able to touch my game anymore.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:31 PM, Blondie said:

New Update FIX.

You glorious person! This worked perfect, though it is case sensitive 🙂 JustInCaseWeNeedIt

• Like 1

I think it's worth making a backup of the game. Also always playing off-line. Eventually anyone who plays from Steam might wind up having to run a cracked version of Rocksmith 2014 (if there's one for PC). Not my first choice, but Ubisoft will have bought it on themselves. They also announced that they were going to start to pull DLCs with expired licenses. Has anyone had a DLC dissappear from their game? I know the Allman Brothers "Jessica" is no longer available for purchase...

Let music bring peace to our soul, and unite us above our tribes.

7 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

Thank you! didn't notice it and there isn't an official post or anything about it, people are still using the beta branch.

1 minute ago, Marcmunky said:

I had rocksmith working just fine as recently as thursday and all of a sudden it won't open. in steam, it says its launching, nothing happens, and the play button comes back. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue is still happening. anyone have this issue and know a fix or whats going on?

Same here. Yesterday it was ok.

Try the beta branch, update said it could cause issues and breaks cdlc at the moment.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/67201-rs2014-mod-installer-thinks-my-game-is-pirated/#comment-371751

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

8 hours ago, Blondie said:

New Update FIX.
Steam Library -> Rocksmith 2014 -> Properties -> Betas -> (Enter beta code) = JustInCaseWeNeedIt

This bit is critically important, you not only have to put in the code (corrected above, it's case sensitive), but you also have to then choose from the drop down "previous version".  That fixed me, my issue was after the update the game just didn't launch, press play it says launching and then boom the play button is back.

This probably should be added to the how-to or something for now, I imagine everyone is going to have this problem if they have CDLC.