Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 462

hEkd28k.png
idk why but the lead melody reminds me of the have you ever had a dream kid xD 

pretty good tab and song anyways. i think it could've been easier to have a green 10 instead of a purple 5 in the bridge to avoid awkward strecthes. but maybe thats how they play it live. there are some missing purple 9s and 12s there though..but its hard to make or find perfect tabs.
61LPbwI.png
fun upbeat song

z2ksI5n.png
i thought i had ss but i guess not..it was like 303 notesteak that ending caught me offgaurd. will play all of them again later tho.

• Like 1

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 hour ago, jellisjenius said:

@ Rodman @ kayteck  @ nlbsmglsk

FYI I was unable to create a new leaderboard tab from the script in the CSL "NewWeek" sheet. It keeps giving me an error on the week number for God of Guitar. I've tried changing to various numbers (1 of 2, 1 of 3, 1 of 4, 3 of 3, 3 of 4 etc) and I've finally given up. I'd appreciate some assistance with that. 

sorted... should be fine from now on...

new week sheet created so scores can be entered now.

i had some issues with a proper set-up of conditions for validation of new week God week number.

• Thanks 2

Snarky Puppy, groovy chill songs for sure. Larnell Lewis is a master on the drums as well.

spacer.png

Classic

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow, this is a fun band. They have a lot of cool clay-animation music videos too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Catchy tune. Not difficult but some different chord shapes that I'm not used to playing at first glance. I felt using the same 5 power chords for "Rock You Like a Hurricane" was easier. Probably because I already knew how to play it.

spacer.png

• Like 2

@ Rodman @ nlbsmglsk  @ jellisjenius  @ Mikson , and whoever else is creating new weeks...

I found God scores are not being copied from previous week scoresheet to new week (i.e. from week 460 to week 461).

Script running correctly on its own though. Let me know next week if it is still the case as there must be a bug somewhere which I cannot diagnose now, if this is still the case.

Cheers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wi11 said:

Snarky Puppy, groovy chill songs for sure. Larnell Lewis is a master on the drums as well.

spacer.png

Classic

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow, this is a fun band. They have a lot of cool clay-animation music videos too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Catchy tune. Not difficult but some different chord shapes that I'm not used to playing at first glance. I felt using the same 5 power chords for "Rock You Like a Hurricane" was easier. Probably because I already knew how to play it.

spacer.png

Some of your screenshots do not include an accuracy score, an as such do not qualify for the leaderboards.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett
I don't know why my mastery score is lower than accuracy. Also the 22nd fret bends on the high E string don't register for me. No biggie, still a lot of room to improve whitout them. Fun song.

This one, not so fun. Unless someone beats me I'm content with this score.

• Like 4

Always loved this song, so catchy!!

Radiohead.. love and hate. Sometimes I don't understand the melodies and the arrangements. Overall is very musical but when I try to play them in isolation (like the rhythm parts) sometimes I can't feel it very well. They write weird music. Creep and karma police are two of my favourites though.

I think fingering is awkward too.. seeing a live on youtube I noticed they use a capo for rhythm, on the 7th I think, and then play everything on the upper frets.

Scorpions always fun, I will not try to learn the solo ahah

And finally Dream Theater! I'm spending more time on that than where I compete in

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, avastreg said:

Radiohead.. love and hate. Sometimes I don't understand the melodies and the arrangements. Overall is very musical but when I try to play them in isolation (like the rhythm parts) sometimes I can't feel it very well. They write weird music. Creep and karma police are two of my favourites though.

I think fingering is awkward too.. seeing a live on youtube I noticed they use a capo for rhythm, on the 7th I think, and then play everything on the upper frets.

This is part of what makes Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead guitarist but much more than that) so unique and inimitable. He is basically the king of weird but beautiful compositions and sound combinations. He's prolific at composing, playing numerous instruments, writing music software, etc. His work frankly amazes me but much of it is not necessarily "fun" to play. Radiohead's bass arrangements are similarly odd and sometimes not the most natural play but always interesting. I do really enjoy the bass part for Let Down.

• Like 2

good start of the week, i think...

always chord recognition (or the way I play chords not compatible with RS 😉 ) sucks. QJN7DFx.jpg

Easy and playful song... not very demanding, probably would get 100% if not few accidental misses on power chords...bXokuu7.jpg

1st half is so peaceful... and then it starts 😉

xgoxv48.jpg

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
6 hours ago, rumbler said:

First timer, this is a great idea - wish I found it earlier.

spacer.png

Hey Rumbler! Great you found it now.
Feel free to post scores for any song and tell us in which classes you likje to be put.

Rock! Rod.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@ jellisjenius Yeah... the script didn´t like us on GoG that time, but @ kayteck saved the day again, as it appears to me.

For the diff ratings - no worries, that happens on test-playthroughs to anyone of us. That is why diff feedback is so important and diff rating can be altered at any time during the week (it´s ok that a class gets a very hard or very easy song from time to time), or songs can still be shifted at the beginning of the week. Good handling with that Graveyard song there - we shall be using it very soon!

Rock! Rod.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

radioheads lead and rhythm

as explayed by @ jellisjenius , maybe because of Greenwood education, sometimes it seems really like playing keyboard pieces on guitar (like classical pieces) that on the guitar are all messed up for the fingering

@ nlbsmglsk  I heard you like the song so I got just above 92% 😛, the red cross shows how much I want to learn the middle part of it

not right there with Dream Theater. I didn't learn the solo yet but hey that seems a nightmare

Love the song, love Petrucci, I've been at a couple of their concerts when I was 20 too (like 20 years ago). But still unreachable for me 😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, avastreg said:

@ nlbsmglsk  I heard you like the song so I got just above 92% 😛, the red cross shows how much I want to learn the middle part of it

Since he-who-should-not-be-named haven't posted a score by now, I'm gonna take a break from trying to learn the Scorpions solo.

• Haha 1