Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 460

nlbsmglsk

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 460 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:
- Beginner: @kayteck (100)
- Intermediate: @Daz40 (95)
- Advanced: @cacahuate51 (95.22)
- Masterclass: @nlbsmglsk (96.86)

Rhythm:
- Intermediate: @Daz40 (95)
- Advanced: @Rodman (95)
- Masterclass: @nlbsmglsk (97.64)

Bass:
- Beginner: @spineofstone (95.95)
- Intermediate: @Daz40 (94)
- Advanced: @cacahuate51 (99.33)
- Masterclass: @IBOE555666 (99.69)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

Abandoned CDLCs part 2.

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Muse - Undisclosed Desires (3) selected by Rodman
Intermediate: Guano Apes - Lords of the Boards (4.5) [the rhythm part]
Advanced: The White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit (7)
Masterclass: Revocation - Cradle Robber (9.5) (Eb standard)
God of Guitar: Revocation - Dismantle the Dictator (10) (Eb standard) [Week 1 of 2]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Muse - Undisclosed Desires (2) selected by Rodman
Intermediate: Joe Satriani - Love Thing (5.5)
Advanced: The White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit (7)
Masterclass: Revocation - Cradle Robber (9) (Eb standard)

Bass Path:
Beginner: The White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit (3)
Intermediate: Guano Apes - Lords of the Boards (6) (Drop D)
Advanced: Revocation - Cradle Robber (6.5) (Eb standard)
Masterclass: Revocation - Dismantle the Dictator (9) (Eb standard)

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 5

1. Judging by last week there's gonna be some contention as to the diff ratings. Please recheck the thread sunday evening/monday morning to see if anything changed.
2. As always constructive criticism is welcome. I know my diff ratings aren't top notch.
3. I added more songs this time, since we will probably have to move stuff around. Also, they're not available elsewhere, so it's not like arrangements go to waste.
4. Have you heard of this band 'Revocation'? I know 3 songs from one band is a lot. Tough luck if you don't like this kinda stuff, but I can't go back in time to download something different.
5. The auto-generation scripts threw an unhelpful error and refused to cooperate. I'll fix the leaderboard tomorrow.

EDIT:
6. Almost forgot: I'm aware that I only used the rhythm part of a Satriani song. The lead was charted in a weird way (and has errors) and for the bass part I simply chose different songs. Consider it another bonus song. My diff ratings for it are 8/5.5/3, so lead mc, rhythm int and bass beg.

• Like 1

quite difficult songs in Rhythm Intermediate class..

I would rate them much higher.

Joe Satriani has very unusual chords (not many, but still) and Tomahawk chords requires quite a stretch 😉, guitar with shorter threats would be handy here 😉

34 minutes ago, kayteck said:

quite difficult songs in Rhythm Intermediate class..

I would rate them much higher.

Joe Satriani has very unusual chords (not many, but still) and Tomahawk chords requires quite a stretch 😉, guitar with shorter threats would be handy here 😉

Well, they're the easiest I could find.

• Thanks 1

rhythm so far

Good pick for beginner. Something about this song makes me feel like ive heard it in another song but unfortunatley i cant recall it..  i did find the chorus ig part a bit tricky because i wasnt too sure what fingers to use..but i think its probably cause its way past my bed time
3kGW114.png

Uj1vYat.png
i think this song is easier than satriani..although it could be im just used to playing more riffs like this. Regardless its a good intermediate song imo.
i did notice that it says 000 plays so im not sure if that means the score isnt right ?

fPqh8LD.png
 this is also a good int song ! it repeats enough and i think its usefull to have songs with different chords and its better to learn them earlier than later. The small minor complaint i have is that atleast to my ears some notes are missing but its not too noticable. hopefully ill get a higher score down the line 🙂

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

I guess there are too many songs for 1 week. I tested a few of them.

20220814130841-1.jpg

I think this could be a beginner's song (3.5-4)

20220814135237-1.jpg

A similar level for me. Suitable for beginners (3-3.5)

20220814220115-1.jpg

Pretty inconvenient chart. It sounds not bad, but RS gives a lot of misses.

20220814133356-1.jpg

Generally I think Muse song as a capo is unnecessary this week as there are two songs suitable for beginners.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mikson said:

I think this could be a beginner's song (3.5-4)

A similar level for me. Suitable for beginners (3-3.5)

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but after last week I wanted to play it safe. I also specifically didn't want to put the Flight of the Conchords song a an non-bonus, just because I don't think it's top notch quality. Playable, but not top notch.

Could you kindly give the adv lineup a try? That's where I'm currently missing any feedback.

37 minutes ago, johnal said:

JpGnzg9E_o.jpg

a whittle better

The song is actually very simple, it's just that the charter decided to be turbo precise. I seriously doubt that Jack White can play this as charted, so don't feel bad. Also, I'd advise anybody trying to focus on the rhythm and structure instead of pushing to get all the 'ornamentals' right.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Lead mc.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

@ Bottledpat12 I don't know if I can reach your scores in a week, but I will certainly try. Your last week's sight-read was definitely in my reach.

yea last week was close i wanna improve my scores a little more but tuning to Eb fucks up the note detection for the low e for some reason

12 minutes ago, Bottledpat12 said:

did it work for you? most of my low e notes werent detected on tragedy of modern ages especially on the first riff

Now that you mention the particular riff it's a different matter. I use 8-38 strings with a really fat pick and I don't see any detection issues (so yeah it works for me). But the problem probably lies elsewhere. My guess would be other strings still buzzing when they shouldn't, but it's just a guess. Does the same thing happen in RR on low speeds?

EDIT: imo either that or a tuning/intonation issuse

Since I don't see any consensus on a particular change proposition in the the setlist, I've decided not to make any changes. Yeah, some of the songs might be hard, but isn't it the point of participating to be challenged?

The leaderboard has been fixed.

At the end of the week I'm gonna take an average of the diff ratings and update them, so make sure you leave yours.

2 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Now that you mention the particular riff it's a different matter. I use 8-38 strings with a really fat pick and I don't see any detection issues (so yeah it works for me). But the problem probably lies elsewhere. My guess would be other strings still buzzing when they shouldn't, but it's just a guess. Does the same thing happen in RR on low speeds?

EDIT: imo either that or a tuning/intonation issuse

its probably tuning/intonation since i have a floyd rose trem bridge