Using Old Out Of Date Videos

TheRoyalAu

Question

The tutorial for using the RSCustoms Toolkit is older then the software itself from my point of view.

Who agree's with me if the Tool's tutorial needs a replacement?

I mean, its not a good video at all with the user having used an out of date operating system, this being Windows 7.

The tutorial video should be updated showcasing its use on Windows 10.

Version 2.9.2 of the Toolkit is unusable to begin with.

It has no tabs and no instruction on how to get to the packing and unpacking of the software.

I am in need of fixing my only C Standard song, this being Arch Enemy Nemesis.

4 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, TheRoyalAu said:

I mean, its not a good video at all with the user having used an out of date operating system, this being Windows 7.
The tutorial video should be updated showcasing its use on Windows 10.

The change in operating systems from windows 7 to 8/10 or 11 hasn't affected the usage of the toolkit or any of the other cdlc editing/creation software in any meaningful way and any video using the toolkit is "outdated" anyway...

Version 2.9.2 of the Toolkit is unusable to begin with.

Which is why most people use dlc builder instead now as it is a far more user friendly program. You'll also need wwise and eof depending on what you want to do.

I am in need of fixing my only C Standard song, this being Arch Enemy Nemesis.

What issue are you trying to fix? C standard songs don't need the low bass fix and that can be easily solved with cfsm instead which can also fix pretty much anything else that you can do with just the toolkit (anything not note related).

For anything else you'd need eof, it'd probably be covered here, aside from the starting import. For that you click "File/import psarc" in dlc builder/toolkit and select a folder to store the unpacked files. Then in eof select the rocksmith import and use the generated xml files in the created folder. You might need to use the convert .wem to .ogg and the remove DD options first depending on your settings/program.

Then when ya done fiddling you just save in eof, replace the xml files in the toolkit/dlc builder project and rebuild it.

Editing songs generally isn't worth it if you have to go into eof as it's just easier to make you own version from scratch given all the hassle to work with the dodgy imported beatmap and stuff.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

10 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

The change in operating systems from windows 7 to 8/10 or 11 hasn't affected the usage of the toolkit or any of the other cdlc editing/creation software in any meaningful way and any video using the toolkit is "outdated" anyway...

Which is why most people use dlc builder instead now as it is a far more user friendly program. You'll also need wwise and eof depending on what you want to do.

What issue are you trying to fix? C standard songs don't need the low bass fix and that can be easily solved with cfsm instead which can also fix pretty much anything else that you can do with just the toolkit (anything not note related).

For anything else you'd need eof, it'd probably be covered here, aside from the starting import. For that you click "File/import psarc" in dlc builder/toolkit and select a folder to store the unpacked files. Then in eof select the rocksmith import and use the generated xml files in the created folder. You might need to use the convert .wem to .ogg and the remove DD options first depending on your settings/program.

Then when ya done fiddling you just save in eof, replace the xml files in the toolkit/dlc builder project and rebuild it.

Editing songs generally isn't worth it if you have to go into eof as it's just easier to make you own version from scratch given all the hassle to work with the dodgy imported beatmap and stuff.

For some reason, the Toolkit is the only piece of software that can actually fix C Standard low bass.

And this would be according to the out of date videos that I have watched.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheRoyalAu said:

For some reason, the Toolkit is the only piece of software that can actually fix C Standard low bass.

And this would be according to the out of date videos that I have watched.

That was probably true whenever that vid came out, but now the toolkit, cfsm and dlc builder can all fix low bass tunings. CFSM can even do it in bulk to your whole library.

The fix is only needed for songs bellow low C, so B standard/drop B and lower will need it, not C standard Drop C as they are the lowest that still work fine without it. The people making the videos probably just misread this thread as it can be a bit confusing.
https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/5227-5-strings-bass-and-low-note-recognition/

Adding the fix to songs that don't need it will not really improve the detection and there isn't really any benefit of doing so as it'll probably mess up the tuning name and tuning sort too. Issues of note detection at low tunings can also be caused by a few other things like intonation and string gauge. Tuning a 4 string bass with a set of standard 45 gauge strings down to C standard isn't going to go too well and can cause tuning/recognition issues as well.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype