Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 458

Rodman

15 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

thats exaactly what i wanted! thought it was just a hidden feature in rs mods that i couldnt find yet .
ive seen videos since your comment and downloaded it. Am i wrong to assume that the percentage only works if you have obs opened up and linked it to the browser page? so its kinda like a overlay for obs thing.... because i just opened it up normally and i saw it detecting songs once i also opened rs but the game seemed exactly the same without the overlays

check this thread.

for me it only works on windowed mode.

I don't know what OBS is 😉

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@ skyliner - great you are here! Have fun and Rock!

@ Mikson @ kayteck @ Mattscall - absolutely my impression, too. Diff Scores were taken from the Da Capo weeks, and for those songs the scores were slightly off. For BHG 1.5 is too low, you have to precisely strum a lot of chords with change to pm. i think it´s a clear (2)
For Mc and Adv the paired selection that week brings the mismatch to light that has been cloaked in the original weeks obviously.
Changing order.

Waiting for replies from int players if the new version of I disappear is better and we shall switch it.

Rock!!!!

• Thanks 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

On 7/31/2022 at 12:08 AM, spineofstone said:

I got it to work without OBS, but if you are struggling to get it to work without OBS, an good alternative is to record the song and watch back and see how good you played certain sections and where you messed up the most. So not to be rude, but I don't think it is right to assume that it only works when OBS. I usually just go into the folder of my download and run the Rocksmith GUI application and I have no problem from there, except if you have to restart a song in Learn A Song, You'd have to exit the song and then press play again.

yea thats what i was starting to do but it seemed a bit impractical to record videos since it takes up quite a bit of space. 
@ kayteck thanks for the links to the unofficial 0.4 version ! i downloaded the 0.3.4 version and i guess the gui is different. the unofficial version works like a charm without obs 🙂 so i appreciate both of you for your time and help!

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

I grabbed both the older and the newer versions of I Disappear by Metallica. I normally play on my desktop using Ubuntu and turn my guitar and bass volume way down in game and use an ABY pedal to route the sound through my amp. For testing I used my Windows 11 laptop with built-in sound. Aside from really hating the sound through my laptop's speakers, I thought it would be a more representative test. (I really hate the sound and get way too much static - it was not enjoyable at all. Think I'll use decent headphones or an amp when using my laptop and Win11)

The rhythm part is very different between both charts. I'm not a Metallica fan and am not sure which is closer to the original, but I enjoyed playing the newer version more. It seemed closer to what I was hearing, but at my skill level and music preferences, I'm not the best judge. Additionally, the chart for lead guitar was very different between the two CDLCs. I preferred the newer version and think it might be closer to what I am hearing - but once again, I am not the best judge for that. I did not play the bass part through on my laptop, as my laptop speakers are really bad for bass. I might try it with headphones with 3.5mm jack later on.

For my personal playing only, and my preferences only - I prefer the version by Crik74 more. It sounded closer to what I was hearing, and seemed to flow better.

Anyone else willing to test and see which is closer to the original song and better charted? I'm fine with practicing either version for the competition (but prefer Crik74's).

edited: seeing as @ Mattscall already submitted Metalicca "I Disappear" for intermediate rhythm and is out for the week, I'm fine using the old version to keep it fair (to be fair, pitter patter let's get at er)

• Like 2

What would be a good lead to split my signal, so I can have a lead plugged into pc for Rocksmith and one to amp. One reason being so I can hear my amp tone when playing, and also wont have to keep plugging and unplugging rocksmith lead .

On 7/31/2022 at 9:20 PM, kayteck said:

check this thread.

for me it only works on windowed mode.

I don't know what OBS is 😉

This looks cool so I downloaded to try it out

Now when I load a song all I get is 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

And no chart loads ...that cant be good

1 minute ago, Daz40 said:

This looks cool so I downloaded to try it out

Now when I load a song all I get is 

And no chart loads ...that cant be good

which song and path s is it? i had a problem th TBG bass... had to repair in CFSM.

try different song...

it sho

uld not have anything to do with songs loading as it does not interfer with the process...

if you still thik sniffer gui is a problem, write to the mod creator...

@ Daz40 - I use a Bigshot ABY pedal. It takes a lead in from my guitar and has multiple leads out. I hook up my Realtone cable to one and that goes to my PC. I use the other to go to my amp (well, an Aqua-Puss Way Huge reverb pedal, a Holy Grail pedal for some slap-back echo, a Distortion pedal for Link Wray or Garage time - then my amp. With a Crybaby Wah pedal on the way). It works pretty good. I turn the bass and guitar sound in the game down to between 0% and 25% and mainly just listen through the amp. 

Since I run Ubuntu I noticed my input volume is very low. Especially when playing my guitar with a single P90 - so I  use an LPB-1 Signal booster in front of my PC.

You don't need all those pedals. They're just for fun. But the Bigshot ABY works really well splitting sound out to both my amp and my PC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

Anyone else willing to test and see which is closer to the original song and better charted? I'm fine with practicing either version for the competition (but prefer Crik74's).

I tested both of them to see whats up. Im still a noob but i personally dont think either is tabbed 100% correctly on all paths.
I do agree with you saying criks version is closer to the original song though. Mostly cause the ambient part with harmonics isnt written well in ninos version and the wah part towards the end goes off like he copy pasted it wrong (ninos).. that and theres just some notes /riffs in between that ninos version doesnt have. 
 Kinda a shame crik put some of the lead stuff in rhythm sections instead but i do think its tabbed better/ should be used in the competition instead. which generally is the case if theres a newer version, atleast from my experience. 

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

Start of the week results...

need to work on this once, definitely should be able to get max...

c0sYonN.jpg

for fun of it...
llSooOj.jpg

cool to play, change from powerchord to solo  is giving me some issues though... i can play either part no problem separately, but transition between them, not so much 😉

aBHzIW3.jpg

wow... what a cool song... low tuning giving me some issues with recognition (as always)... definitely should be able to get higher score if recognition is better. no problem in gettin 100% here by default, but I feel the accuracy should be improved...  

CWzWhGS.jpg

definitely able to get 100% in all this week songs in my class, as they looks quite easy and i should be able to manage them, but.... i have cut my fckn index finger today and won't be able to play for few days...

• Like 1

Bass beginner 

Love Bloodhound gang, first time hearing this, maybe a 2 but a good workout song

Bass intermediate 

Great Metallica song  had a couple playthroughs and got the 100% level seem about right

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daz40 said:

What would be a good lead to split my signal, so I can have a lead plugged into pc for Rocksmith and one to amp. One reason being so I can hear my amp tone when playing, and also wont have to keep plugging and unplugging rocksmith lead .

Not a chance you do that with a cable, you do need a splitter, and it pays not to buy any here (been trough that)... The thing that works flawlessly for me is the canadian stuff there: gear_attachment.php?attachmentid=416389

You can run your normal guitar cable into input, you then run the RS cable from output A to your PC - that makes it already the first real favourable setup because you save the bad quality RS cable by never plug/unplug it again.
then you connect output B to your Amp. The good thing is that you can alter the volume of your amp with always keeping full signal to your PC and RS software. Don´t forget to mute Guitar volume in RS!!!!
Thats it...

... or you can push it  a little further - my setup:
(drawing a diagram)

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

ok...

44111976vy.jpg

Guitar or Bass is connected to Input  of the
Bigshot ABY (100€)
-- Output A - RS Cable to USB of PC
-- Output B goes to Input of a
Cheap ABY Switch (30€)
-- Output A - Input of Line 6 Spider IV Guitar Amp (110€) with Line6 FBV Express MKII Floorboard (100€) or a Bass Amp with LineOut (!) (100€) - as i am using the bass amp rarely cause the Z24 has bass amp modulation i switch between guitar and bass manually by plugging when needed or i already did set it up with switches i don´´t remember lol - lineout of amp goes to Digitech Trio+ Pedal with Footswitch (300€) - all in one Band Creator, you play a guitar sequence, it plays bass and drums, best pedal on earth - that goes to Input 1 of...
-- Output B goes straight to Input 2 of...

... ZOOM R24 hardware mixer/recorder (used 220€) - LineOut to LineIn of
Audiocard of PC - Lineout goes to
Audio Receiver - to
-- 5.1 Audio Speakers or
-- Headphones

Why?
1) I don´t like the RS tones and i don´t like any any any lag - i have my amptones mixed in perfectly and can use the footswitch of the amp for switching amp modes, volume control and Wah. The Guitar Tone in RS is muted (mixer) and as the tone of the amp goes to linein of Pc after the Mixer I have one Output signal to my speakers 😉
2) Full and absolute volume Control: I don´t like unmatching volumes. Guitar Volume can be instantly controlled by the volumeswitches on the Zoom and/or the foot pedal of the amp. If songvolume is too low/high, that can be instantly controlled over the audio receivers switch. I never have to enter any damn menu or use my mouse for that.
3) i can always and instantly record my played guitar playing by just pressing record on input 1 on the Zoom for Amp audio od pressing record on input 2 on Zoom for the dry un-amped signal, or record the mixed signal with RS - audio by pressing record on the PC.
4) Absolutely no setupchange required when playing disconnected just over the amp. I always just turn power on, plug the instrumentcable into guitar and play.
5) I am a fan of Hardware-Recording. i tried with multiple Software DAWs but that makes it all very complicated for me. So i ended up with the Zoom R24 that features unlimited projects, 24 track recording, amps and effects for guitar, bass and voice, a drum computer and mastering. I have got my also my keyboard, a vocal mic, a instrument mic for cajones/flutes/harp/ocarinas or whatever of the instruments i can play even less than guitar to have a lot of fun with my kids or alone. It´s also connected to my PC via USB so i can quickly import eg Ultimate Guitar background tracks to record my guitar line over that, or just a drumtrack or vice versa.
6) If i need to me quiet i can have all of the above via headphones by plugging those into the Audio Receiver, no setup needed
7) For what it does it´s relatively cheap, given the fact that you already own headphones and speakers and a PC with line-in and your instrument(s) the above was about 1k€ for me, you can pass on the Trio+, go for a ZoomR8 or R16 and only a bass or guitar amp with line-out (!) and pass on the floorboard and will be at 400-500$/€

That´s my setup grown over 9 years of RS, if anybody needs setup help or tips or has a tip for improvement just shout.

Rod.

• Like 4

H9wKWGm.png
Those hopo stretches are a fair bit worse on bass than on guitar, oof.
fXeuZnw.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Could someone fix my Bloodhound Gang bass score? The spreadsheet has me at 88.82. It should be 99.32. I'm not competing in Beginner Bass, so it shouldn't matter. And can users enter there own scores? Or is that kept to a subset of people? (no problems either way - I just wanted to know if I should be entering my scores)

I Disappear rhythm. I'm still missing a lot, my index finger is bumping up against the low e string, muting it way too often. I need to work on accuracy.

spacer.png

• Like 1