Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 455

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 455 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:
- Beginner: @Mattscall (99.35)
- Intermediate: @someotherbruce (95.26)
- Advanced: @Mikson (94.08)
- Advanced Bonus: @Mikson (87)
- Masterclass: @Bottledpat12 (99.51)
- God of Guitar: Leader after week 3 is @Bottledpat12 (98), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Rhythm:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @someotherbruce (95.43)
- Advanced: @Mikson (88)
- Masterclass: @nlbsmglsk (98.65)
- God of Rhythm: Leader after week 3 is @nlbsmglsk (95), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Bass:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Beginner Bonus: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @Daz40 (100)
- Advanced: @jellisjenius (95)
- Masterclass: @IBOE555666 (99)
- God of Bass: Leader after week 3 is @Lilumina (98.72), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Tears for Fears - Shout (3) selected by @ Mikson
Intermediate: Kings of Leon - Supersoaker (4) selected by @ Mikson
Advanced: Temple of the Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven (7) selected by jellisjenius
Masterclass: Bon Jovi - Dry County (8.5) selected by @ Mikson
God of Guitar: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (full album) (10) selected by Nacholede [Week 4 of 4]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Kings of Leon - Supersoaker (4) selected by @ Mikson
Intermediate: Kings of Leon - Supersoaker (4) selected by @ Mikson
Advanced: Temple of the Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven (6) selected by jellisjenius
Masterclass: Bon Jovi - Dry County (8.5) selected by @ Mikson
God of Rhythm: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (full album) (10) selected by Nacholede [Week 4 of 4]

Bass Path:
Beginner: Tears for Fears - Shout (3.5) (Drop D) selected by @ Mikson
Intermediate: Temple of the Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven (5) selected by jellisjenius
Intermediate Bonus: Kings of Leon - Supersoaker (6) selected by@ Mikson
Advanced: U2 - Love Comes Tumbling (6.5) selected by jellisjenius
Advanced Bonus: Bon Jovi - Dry County (6.5) (C Standard) selected by @ Mikson
Masterclass: Paramore - Last Hope (7.5) (C♯ Standard) selected by jellisjenius
God of Bass: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (full album) (10) selected by Nacholede [Week 4 of 4]

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

Edited by jellisjenius
added winners; corrected Paramore - Last Hope link and Tears for Fears - Shout tuning
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

From my testing:

This song is really powerful especially after Chris Cornell's death. Check out the history of Temple of the Dog if you want to learn more.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Some old school Adam Clayton when his basslines were more interesting:

The solo part is really fun to play, I was so into it I missed some notes I shouldn't have:

Beautiful song and as usual for Paramore, a really interesting and challenging bassline:

• Like 1

@ jellisjenius

Glad you're back, but something's wrong with the selection...

Tears for Fears - Shout

Kings of Leon - Supersoaker

Bon Jovi - Dry County

All of these songs are my suggestions, not the listed players. I looked in the song selection sheet to check it out and the initial testers column is totally twisted! For example, none of these songs are my suggestion:

wtf.jpg

Someone may overturn a previous version of the worksheet? Maybe @ Rodman as admin?

• Confused 1

Well that’s odd. I think the selections are all good though so we can go ahead with the week as is and try to figure out the selection list issue in the meantime. I will look into it myself later. Rodman is traveling this week so I’m not sure how often he’ll be able to check in here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

Well that’s odd. I think the selections are all good though so we can go ahead with the week as is and try to figure out the selection list issue in the meantime. I will look into it myself later. Rodman is traveling this week so I’m not sure how often he’ll be able to check in here.

Just change the participant who selected the song in the opening post to make it truthful.

As for the spreadsheet, haven't you made a mistake in sorting? I haven't been there in a few days so I don't know when it happened.

18 hours ago, Mikson said:

Just change the participant who selected the song in the opening post to make it truthful.

As for the spreadsheet, haven't you made a mistake in sorting? I haven't been there in a few days so I don't know when it happened.

Okay, I made the changes to the OP. I also went back through the spreadsheet version history and discovered that it was me who inadvertently made a sorting mistake on July 6. I have created a copy of the version just prior to that change and it's shared with all the same people. I defer to @ Rodman  on whether to merge that with the current one or just use the new one.

Sorry for the confusion and the sorting mistake!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

E tunning, not C#. 7

Sorry for this, I linked the wrong version in the OP. The better version IMO is the one with C# tuning. I updated the OP. Hope it's not too much trouble for you to replay it. Also interested in your view on the differences. 

Basically all the Lead and Rhythm paths from this week I've played before so I'm showing test screenshots.

I like that sound. It's hard to believe that this song is so old...

20220622202239-1.jpg

Back in the days (about 10 years ago) I used to listen to Kings of Leon a lot, I was even at their concert. This album was one of my 2 favorites. It's nice to remember.

20220123131230-1.jpg

It's a good song, but the chart is not very fun for me to play. Gotta raise to 90.

20210506191949-1.jpg

It was a big surprise for me to discover this (thanks to Spotify). I did not expect such an extensive song from this band. I associate them with shorter energetic songs or ballads. I really like the combination of the relaxed opening and closing part with the fast solo part.

20220226220905-1.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Sorry for this, I linked the wrong version in the OP. The better version IMO is the one with C# tuning. I updated the OP. Hope it's not too much trouble for you to replay it. Also interested in your view on the differences. 

No problem, more fun for me.