Jump to content

Ignition 4.5 Feedback & Feature Requests


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I still have pbs with my CDLC Police's So lonely.

Disabled once and deleted without any explaination nor warning in may 2021 (+3800 downloads), I reposted it and did the last links update in last February with v8 and more than 1,100 download counted.

SInce yesterday, counter is at 785 with v5 and deadly links (note secured keys Google drive).

Several feedbacks had been posted and are no more available ....

What had happened ?

Cheers

SASP

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 4/3/2022 at 9:02 AM, sasp said:

Hi I still have pbs with my CDLC Police's So lonely.

Disabled once and deleted without any explaination nor warning in may 2021 (+3800 downloads), I reposted it and did the last links update in last February with v8 and more than 1,100 download counted.

SInce yesterday, counter is at 785 with v5 and deadly links (note secured keys Google drive).

Several feedbacks had been posted and are no more available ....

What had happened ?

Cheers

SASP

 

We've been working on our report system and refactoring a lot of parts. There has been some hiccups and unfortunately that was one of the CDLCs that we had an issue with. I wasn't aware until now but I apologize. We're still looking into what went wrong.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

having a slight issue searching specific creators, for example Lil Ramen Noodle, I type in the search, and it only brings like 2 songs up from him, even though he's done loads, i've attached a screenshot to see, also I have tried to clear filter settings, saved the settings, and also tried default and nothing seems to fix it, any ideas,  im just wondering if it's because ignition is running 4.5 now, as of 13/04/22, please let me know if you can help figure this out for me.

Side note -  i can still click on lil ramen noodle and go to his profile and all the songs he's created/uploaded are there, but i can't search for specific songs or arrange it in a certain order

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
11 hours ago, Bruce_lee_22 said:

having a slight issue searching specific creators, for example Lil Ramen Noodle, I type in the search, and it only brings like 2 songs up from him, even though he's done loads, i've attached a screenshot to see, also I have tried to clear filter settings, saved the settings, and also tried default and nothing seems to fix it, any ideas,  im just wondering if it's because ignition is running 4.5 now, as of 13/04/22, please let me know if you can help figure this out for me.

Side note -  i can still click on lil ramen noodle and go to his profile and all the songs he's created/uploaded are there, but i can't search for specific songs or arrange it in a certain order

image.png

I have let one of our developers know and we're looking into this.

Thanks!

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Unleashed2k said:

I have let one of our developers know and we're looking into this.

Thanks!

thank you for that!, just hoping it's not something on my end, and if it is, how to fix it if known 🙂 thanks very much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Bruce_lee_22 said:

thank you for that!, just hoping it's not something on my end, and if it is, how to fix it if known 🙂 thanks very much!

Should be fixed!

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Evil-Ash said:

Its just me ?

It's currently dead on the record page. Still works on the search page if you need a workaround.
uTpj66F.png
A fix is being worked on.
7kl7NnQ.png

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 7:56 PM, coldrampage said:

It's currently dead on the record page. Still works on the search page if you need a workaround.
uTpj66F.png
A fix is being worked on.
7kl7NnQ.png

It actually works, thanks for the tip. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi
I've just checked my uploaded CLDC's and I noticed, that Burzum - Back To The Shadows CLDC is missing - upload it once again or it's bug in my browser ?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, Macieg said:

Hi
I've just checked my uploaded CLDC's and I noticed, that Burzum - Back To The Shadows CLDC is missing - upload it once again or it's bug in my browser ?

Looks like it's gone for me too so it's probably not just on your end. A few songs have been disappearing for seemingly no reason lately so I'd reupload it just to be safe.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coldrampage said:

Looks like it's gone for me too so it's probably not just on your end. A few songs have been disappearing for seemingly no reason lately so I'd reupload it just to be safe.

Ok, thanks for answer 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

The search could not find a song if you make a search like:

"Cynic - Humanoid" or "Cynic-Humanoid"

This is how everybody is requesting a song in the chat of a streamer or how it is going in RS Playlist.

image.png.67bbf70d32f9db29e8f6f78c155bb19a.png

It would be great if this would work also!

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duration and year:

I think to allow not to enter duration of a song at upload time is not the best. It would be better if it would be mandatory. Also the year is mentioned in the guideline, and I think that could be also mandatory.

image.png.91432eca6ad01617c43ddc04777d06cb.png

image.png.6159c300b01c37926456b7704e5dc2a5.png

(Why just recommended?) This means, in the CDLC itself, year is kind of a must, but not the duration. But duration is an important information for streamers, if they do not want to play longer songs, or full albums. Later, the requests could be more filtered.

Creator:

Please add an advice, that Creator should be added to the file, and the default Custom Song Creator should be not valid!
Also, the file name should contains the creator:

image.png.5e99ae54da9b865a87ba9bdbe32fc789.png

DLC key name should be also included into the guideline, as this could be also a duplicate. Artist_Song_version_creator would be here also nice!

Those ones are important to avoid duplicates, and the struggle, with the 'which one from three different versions is the bad what I would like to report'. Because many cases, I do not know, which one is the bad version. That I have downloaded, or not.

Country:

It would be great, if you could add an optional country field for the uploads, to know, which country the artist are from, or...maybe better said, on which language the song is written. It would be great if autocomplete or similar could help here, and please do allow more languages to set for multilingual bands/songs. This way, later we could enhance the search by language. To find songs from smaller countries like Hungary. 🙂

Preview Volume:

The preview volume should differ from the song volume. In many cases, they just don't care. And the preview is very loud if you scroll over the songs.

Reports:

It would be great, if somebody reports a song what is older than the new guideline, that then, for the reupload the creator should follow the new guidelines. This should be also mentioned in the guideline.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be nice to have an autocomplete on fields of upload like:

image.png.06c92fbf771b206b4e2972ce30e4abf5.png

  • Artist
  • Song Title
  • Album
  • (Year ?)

This way we could avoid the duplicated but slightly different band or song names problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been having problems doing song searching through any browser on my Android phone.  I sent the link to my partner and they are having the same issue on their Android phone.  This happens in regular and desktop mode.  The artist search works, but for some reason the main search does not.  We like to use it when we're out and about and not near our RS PC to find out if this or that song is available to download.  Is there any solution on this?

**Update

Search works in the Samsung browser but not Chrome or Dolphin.  Not sure why there's a difference, but I'd never used the Samsung browser on my phone, my partner figured that out.  Hopefully a Chrome/other browser fix can be found still?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
16 hours ago, briannam81 said:

I've been having problems doing song searching through any browser on my Android phone.  I sent the link to my partner and they are having the same issue on their Android phone.  This happens in regular and desktop mode.  The artist search works, but for some reason the main search does not.  We like to use it when we're out and about and not near our RS PC to find out if this or that song is available to download.  Is there any solution on this?

**Update

Search works in the Samsung browser but not Chrome or Dolphin.  Not sure why there's a difference, but I'd never used the Samsung browser on my phone, my partner figured that out.  Hopefully a Chrome/other browser fix can be found still?

Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies for CF and see if it works again?

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 12:07 PM, Unleashed2k said:

Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies for CF and see if it works again?

 

As mentioned before, I had tried it on different browsers, one of which had never been used for CF before. When that didn't work, I tried it on my partner's phone, that still didn't work.  To me that says it's not a cache or cookie issue, but just because, I gave it a try (see screenshot).  Still having same issue.  I type something into the search, hit enter, it doesn't search.  I tried both Google and Samsung keyboards as well, in case it was a keyboard compatibility issue.  Still no change.  

image.thumb.png.7663b363d78b9e18e89a1ea3cfd8f5df.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, briannam81 said:

As mentioned before, I had tried it on different browsers, one of which had never been used for CF before. When that didn't work, I tried it on my partner's phone, that still didn't work.  To me that says it's not a cache or cookie issue, but just because, I gave it a try (see screenshot).  Still having same issue.  I type something into the search, hit enter, it doesn't search.  I tried both Google and Samsung keyboards as well, in case it was a keyboard compatibility issue.  Still no change.  

image.thumb.png.7663b363d78b9e18e89a1ea3cfd8f5df.png

I'm very baffled on what is happening because here I am in chrome logged in as you (it's a feature we have to test things) in chrome with no problem Screenshot 2022-07-03 124004.pngScreenshot 2022-07-03 124023.png

What error are you getting? I need more info like errors, what is shown, etc.

 

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Unleashed2k changed the title to Ignition 4.5 Feedback & Feature Requests

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy