Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 454

a lot to catch up on!

On 7/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

For E std tuning I use one of these: https://reverb.com/item/2031771-cort-z44-zenox-series-electric-guitar-w-emg-pickups . Except I bought mine used, the paint job is dented in two spots and the toggle switch is silver instead of black. Up until now I didn't know that it came with EMGs, cause mine didn't have them, but in a strange coincidence thats exactly what I swapped in. Also the frets look like they've been leveled, but I have no way of confirming that.

For lower tunings I have one of these: https://reverb.com/item/52141022-fernandes-ravelle-shin-demon-ltd-2011-artwork . Bought new, kept it stock. Looks like it appreciated in price a bit.

Bass is a cheapo Vision 4 string.

that cort is slick, all black. Never heard of fernandes, I like the drawings

22 hours ago, coldrampage said:

My main guitar for general 6 string stuff is a Harley Benton DC-Custom Cherry. I've also got a Ibanez GRG7221 7 string I keep in drop B and a Harley Benton R-458 8 string I try to keep in drop D#, but they don't see much usage in the championship. Also got a digitech drop pedal recently so I don't need to retune as much for general rocksmithing.

For bass I've got a Jaxville demon and a Harley Benton PJ-5 HTR 5 string that I both keep in standard tuning.

Nothing too fancy but good enough to play/chart the kinda songs I like.

As main I have this made in japan Jackson Soloist from 2003, bought when I was young as a B-stock (now that b-stock is a concept 😛)
I have also this 1996 made in japan Jackson TH1, my first serious guitar, bought in 1999 or around that time. Now dedicated to drop d or in general to drop tuning.
I love Harley Benton, I've got an EX-84 blue with EMGs (81/60 I think, @ nlbsmglsk are these also yours?) for 6 months but I had to sent it back due to an issue, but I think I will buy again one HB soon. Need a guitar without Floyd Rose
To change tunings I use an old zoom pedalboard (G2.u1) from my days of humble gigs with the band. Does the job, but doesn't work well on leads when I go under C# std from E

No bass in my house at the moment 😞

15 hours ago, Bottledpat12 said:

i have no music theory knowledge besides scales lol but knowing the scales help and ive gotten used to just looking at the screen for a second, like just take a quick screenshot in my head it sounds weird lol, and then focusing on the fretboard during hard solos

the main guitar i use is an esp ltd 401 arrow its sucks tuning it but i like the guitar shape, helps for reaching the higher frets and stretching your fingers. 

ah it's a sick V! I agree on tuning, I've two floyds, hate them for that. Do you play seated, with the V between the legs? doesn't it slip out on one leg?

14 hours ago, Bottledpat12 said:

P4YihiSA_t.png

im playing rn too lmao

WTF I have like 500 hours, even if I play from Rocksmith 1. But I didn't play so much in these last 15 years, like 1 hour/week at average. but now I'm getting more committed. Still used to sightread tab better than Rocksmith

What is rn?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, avastreg said:

a lot to catch up on!

that cort is slick, all black. Never heard of fernandes, I like the drawings

As main I have this made in japan Jackson Soloist from 2003, bought when I was young as a B-stock (now that b-stock is a concept 😛)
I have also this 1996 made in japan Jackson TH1, my first serious guitar, bought in 1999 or around that time. Now dedicated to drop d or in general to drop tuning.
I love Harley Benton, I've got an EX-84 blue with EMGs (81/60 I think, @ nlbsmglsk are these also yours?) for 6 months but I had to sent it back due to an issue, but I think I will buy again one HB soon. Need a guitar without Floyd Rose
To change tunings I use an old zoom pedalboard (G2.u1) from my days of humble gigs with the band. Does the job, but doesn't work well on leads when I go under C# std from E

No bass in my house at the moment 😞

ah it's a sick V! I agree on tuning, I've two floyds, hate them for that. Do you play seated, with the V between the legs? doesn't it slip out on one leg?

WTF I have like 500 hours, even if I play from Rocksmith 1. But I didn't play so much in these last 15 years, like 1 hour/week at average. but now I'm getting more committed. Still used to sightread tab better than Rocksmith

What is rn?

rn means right now and my v doesnt slip out i always play seated, i also have the guitar strap on all the time so that helps. and just playing everyday is the best way to sightread rocksmtih fast it just starts to click all of a sudden.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, avastreg said:

Never heard of fernandes, I like the drawings

Check em out, they have some interesting guitar shapes.

I've got an EX-84 blue with EMGs (81/60 I think, @ nlbsmglsk are these also yours?)

Mine are HZ-H4, I don't like batteries in guitars.

I have 2.2k, can confirm that sight-reading just comes from practice.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mattscall said:

LEad beginner improvement - don't think I'll get the 100%.  Might try one more run tomorrow but I'm happy with this.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

nice one...

i am trying to play more "soft" not to cause to much pressure to the threat board so my hand stays relaxed longer, but it only leads to more misses... especially on C# as in my case it requires some strange grip causing too much strain...

so the final output is that I am getting the best score at the 1st try, and then every another try is worst and worst due to hand fatigue... 

and if the 1st run i make is quite ok with the chords through the song, i mess up the solo at the end as the hand is so stuck with bar chords, that it is difficult to grab any single note then....

any advise, guys, on exercises on how to train a left hand not to get so tired when playing bar cords? - no dirty advises accepted LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kayteck said:

nice one...

i am trying to play more "soft" not to cause to much pressure to the threat board so my hand stays relaxed longer, but it only leads to more misses... especially on C# as in my case it requires some strange grip causing too much strain...

so the final output is that I am getting the best score at the 1st try, and then every another try is worst and worst due to hand fatigue... 

and if the 1st run i make is quite ok with the chords through the song, i mess up the solo at the end as the hand is so stuck with bar chords, that it is difficult to grab any single note then....

any advise, guys, on exercises on how to train a left hand not to get so tired when playing bar cords? - no dirty advises accepted LOL

I find I can get through the bar chord section once I get into the rhythm; it’s the transition to the solo that is throwing me. If I play it in isolation it’s a pretty easy one to play but as you say going from the bar chord hand position to playing the single notes is the tricky bit.

I usually take 5 minutes rest in between songs with lots of bar chords to help with the fatigue. I guess it’s just a case of building up stamina!

2 hours ago, kayteck said:

nice one...

I don't know how much you play already, but I was tired of it for a long time. I remember that when I was playing charts that were made up entirely or mostly of bar chords, I felt pain in my left hand and often had to pause the game to rest. But unfortunately I do not know the golden way to get rid of it, for me it passed with time, so the practice helped. Now I only have problems with very fast songs where you have to work hard with your hand.

11 hours ago, TarpMada said:

HngUfhop_o.jpg

Hopefully can improve but just messed with this afternoon and I've not been playing much lately.

Nice score! I don't know if I can beat it, I miss too many arpegios, even though I seem to be playing them well.

For now:

20220704214628-1.jpg

• Like 1

Another hectic week for me this week with very little time to play, but thankfully didn't forget all 3 submissions (all Maximum the Hormone).

That song is a goddamn earworm and i can't get rid of it!

Link to scores:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16byD_Xvp9JV0Ny69aYa2rV3unHndY9k_?usp=sharing

Interestingly, got exactly 79.2% on lead and rhythm! Bass, 93.6%.

• Like 1

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

On 7/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, IBOE555666 said:

week result:

@ nlbsmglsk thanks for choosing this song 

driver-high-98.jpg

this my mc result this week, great slap part.

bikini-100.jpg

99% on bass with all that slap?! Well done! I barely got to near 92%!

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

4 hours ago, Mikson said:

I don't know how much you play already, but I was tired of it for a long time. I remember that when I was playing charts that were made up entirely or mostly of bar chords, I felt pain in my left hand and often had to pause the game to rest. But unfortunately I do not know the golden way to get rid of it, for me it passed with time, so the practice helped. Now I only have problems with very fast songs where you have to work hard with your hand.

I play quite long now... so obviously I am not playing bar chord songs enough to make up the muscles... will have to work on that...

anyway... i was desperate enough so i thought i will cheat a little... and I have set a capo on 4th threat to make it a little easier... there are no open strings in this song after all...

how surprised I was when I was getting more misses on C# then without a capo...

wondering what might have caused it?

i tried on 3 guitars with exactly same result...

that sucks... is it rocksmith recognition issue?

1 hour ago, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'm getting tired of this song to tell the truth.

good job. I didn't have more time this week to invest on guitar so I can't raise. Also I think if wouldn't follow this time because you got bored

• Like 2

Hi All - I'm back after a long hiatus. Laptop situation is still iffy but I can at least still play RS and participate in the Championship. Adv score here and new week will be posted shortly. I'll make this a 1-hour warning and the score cutoff will be 2pm EST. I won't be able to post the winners until later tonight or tomorrow.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 3

On 7/9/2022 at 8:20 AM, kayteck said:

nice one...

Trills will help with the strength problem. But just playing the barre chords more will help. Always work on your weak spots, only way to improve. Get a set of those hand grip exercises to use away from the guitar. Alot of times people press alot harder than they need with barre chords see how much pressure you can release and still play clean . Spider exercises are also good for releasing those fingers . Lastly lift the guitar neck up toward your ear makes the fingering easier if you dont have the swan neck hand position . 

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 7/9/2022 at 9:20 AM, kayteck said:

nice one...

My experience 2 things
1) technique (train to press not so hard and really place the fingers very close to the fretmetal) .... a great way to check your recognition is go into the menu during a song - so you have the tuner bar on screen - now you can strum a few 1000 chords and see how they are recognised best.

2) way more important - time .. for me also that fainted quickly over time. image.png
How many hours do you have there and off RS?

Rock!!! Rod.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

23 minutes ago, Rodman said:

way more important - time .. for me also that fainted quickly over time. image.png
How many hours do you have there and off RS?

Rock!!! Rod.

i have approx 485 hrs on steam. i would have another 500 on both rs1 and rs2014 on ma old xbox.

i grabbed a guitar in approx 2000 for a 1st time... no clue how many hours played 😉

• Like 1