Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 454

I don't 100% things much but got a few this week and definitely could get the Black Keys song up to 100, I believe I just happened to miss the very first note or two of the playthrough.

6hJnUl7.jpg

Gy9XCnL.jpg

gkvOsuh.jpg

Dt3cyLu.jpg

na6Z6Qy.jpg

Not sure if I'll get a chance to play much the rest of the week but I didn't much care for playing either the Advanced or MC songs this week. Fine to listen to, but it just didn't connect with my playing so it's doubtful I'll really try to push these up much at all. 

• Like 2

week start results:

quite easy... hope to have it higher, but chord recognition makes it difficult... and my hand is in pain from bar chords...

04evm3j.jpg

The same as with beg lead, bar chords and recognition are the problem

gAXOrDw.jpg

Oh man.... this one is complete mayhem... no idea what's going on... complete hit & miss...

EiQq7He.jpg

and these are quite easy...

g3z4OF9.jpg
zrrVUw7.jpg

yoxuckk.jpg

• Like 3

I see in the spreadsheet  my score for beginner rhythm was posted in Master Class. Could someone yoink my score outta masterclass rhythm and put it in beginner rhythm? I'm not competing in either class so I guess it doesn't matter, but I should have 94.92%, 95 point streak, 191,777 points for Moondance rhythm.

Thanks

15 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

I see in the spreadsheet  my score for beginner rhythm was posted in Master Class. Could someone yoink my score outta masterclass rhythm and put it in beginner rhythm? I'm not competing in either class so I guess it doesn't matter, but I should have 94.92%, 95 point streak, 191,777 points for Moondance rhythm.

Thanks

sorted

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, avastreg said:

@ nlbsmglsk  yes it's probably easier than the average mc but hey sometimes it's satisfying to learn the solo properly without grinding too much 🤣

@ Bottledpat12 reveal to us your secret. Do you learn and memorize every part before doing a run? Or is extreme sight-read combined with total precision in execution? We're curious!!

mc lead in the meantime 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

lol thanks that was my first playthrough of the song i like to position myself and the monitor to make sight reading easy while occasionally looking at the fretboard but i think recently i got the hang of the fretboard more and could focus on sight reading more

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bottledpat12 said:

lol thanks that was my first playthrough of the song i like to position myself and the monitor to make sight reading easy while occasionally looking at the fretboard but i think recently i got the hang of the fretboard more and could focus on sight reading more

that's really impressive sightreading, especially for lead parts. 
Do you have a good music theory knowledge (or are you a professional?) and use scales to "predict" where the lead is going?
Out of curiosity, what is your main guitar?

also curious to hear from @ nlbsmglsk  and @ coldrampage  which guitars they are using. 

mc rhythm improved, this can be FCed with a litte more effort

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, avastreg said:

also curious to hear from @ nlbsmglsk  and @ coldrampage  which guitars they are using.

For E std tuning I use one of these: https://reverb.com/item/2031771-cort-z44-zenox-series-electric-guitar-w-emg-pickups . Except I bought mine used, the paint job is dented in two spots and the toggle switch is silver instead of black. Up until now I didn't know that it came with EMGs, cause mine didn't have them, but in a strange coincidence thats exactly what I swapped in. Also the frets look like they've been leveled, but I have no way of confirming that.

For lower tunings I have one of these: https://reverb.com/item/52141022-fernandes-ravelle-shin-demon-ltd-2011-artwork . Bought new, kept it stock. Looks like it appreciated in price a bit.

Bass is a cheapo Vision 4 string.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avastreg said:

My main guitar for general 6 string stuff is a Harley Benton DC-Custom Cherry. I've also got a Ibanez GRG7221 7 string I keep in drop B and a Harley Benton R-458 8 string I try to keep in drop D#, but they don't see much usage in the championship. Also got a digitech drop pedal recently so I don't need to retune as much for general rocksmithing.

For bass I've got a Jaxville demon and a Harley Benton PJ-5 HTR 5 string that I both keep in standard tuning.

Nothing too fancy but good enough to play/chart the kinda songs I like.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

oh ... bass +

43949661gp.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

11 hours ago, avastreg said:

that's really impressive sightreading, especially for lead parts. 
Do you have a good music theory knowledge (or are you a professional?) and use scales to "predict" where the lead is going?
Out of curiosity, what is your main guitar?

mc rhythm improved, this can be FCed with a litte more effort

i have no music theory knowledge besides scales lol but knowing the scales help and ive gotten used to just looking at the screen for a second, like just take a quick screenshot in my head it sounds weird lol, and then focusing on the fretboard during hard solos

the main guitar i use is an esp ltd 401 arrow its sucks tuning it but i like the guitar shape, helps for reaching the higher frets and stretching your fingers. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bottledpat12 said:

i have no music theory knowledge besides scales lol but knowing the scales help and ive gotten used to just looking at the screen for a second, like just take a quick screenshot in my head it sounds weird lol, and then focusing on the fretboard during hard solos

the main guitar i use is an esp ltd 401 arrow its sucks tuning it but i like the guitar shape, helps for reaching the higher frets and stretching your fingers. 

Now the important question: how many hours of rocksmith do you have logged on steam? Cool guitar btw.

• Like 1

Finally some Bass scores up to Intermediate.

Beginner

Beginner xtra. Really fun song to play. love it

Intermediate

Yet another great bass line

Will have a go at advanced forgot to download it. then onto guitar ...hopefully 🙂

• Like 1