Jazz CLDCs recommendations

Hello to all musicians/gamers,

I am looking for new jazz musics to play with, and I need recommendations. Preferably (but not restricted to) japanese, from an indie band or underrated songs that you guys think everyone need to hear. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I don't mind either Guitar or Bass

are you talking in general or cdlc related?

if its cdlc related:

coldrampage posted some four leaf studios today maybe thats in your lane? since its asian and jazzish?

heres a playlist of the asian songs that were on scotts cdlc 1 to 4 (40k ish songs total that once were on c f / altho i must say there were alot of repeats? so idk)
theres also one for "jazz" and "blues" but they need some work as not all are that.

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

a no my bad the four leaf wasnt posted today it was posted a couple years ago, i just had soemthing in my searchbar so i saw those dlc  and thought it was todays instead. but still maybe itll interest u.

(note some songs on those lists might not be on cf anymore cause of broken links inactive users flagged, google drive permision etc but it might be a way to find something that catches ur ear by shuffling)

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre

I hate shilling my own charts but when it comes to indie/doujin Japanese jazz I'd have to recommend some OrangeCoffee and flap+frog, some of it is a bit more electronica/lounge than jazz though.

If you're interested in this kinda thing I'd recommend checking out the Toho Jazz Messengers albums since they're a nice collaboration between some prominent members of the doujin jazz community. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten round to charting any of them yet tho.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2022 at 6:26 PM, cacahuate51 said:

are you talking in general or cdlc related?

if its cdlc related:

coldrampage posted some four leaf studios today maybe thats in your lane? since its asian and jazzish?

heres a playlist of the asian songs that were on scotts cdlc 1 to 4 (40k ish songs total that once were on c f / altho i must say there were alot of repeats? so idk)
theres also one for "jazz" and "blues" but they need some work as not all are that.

How do i download any of these songs? A lot of them are not on the site when using the search bar. is there another way to download these like a pack?

21 hours ago, Basilton said:

How do i download any of these songs? A lot of them are not on the site when using the search bar. is there another way to download these like a pack?

@ Basilton

Unfortunately packs are not allowed on customsforge (i think itd be ideal but I also understand that it might be messy since sometimes people update the songs alot cause of several mistakes or just quality updates)

When I made the spotify list searching by tags didnt exist. Now it kinda does as long as the user is still active and has updated the post with tags. in order to search for songs with tags ( genres) click the filters button in search ignition. looks like a funnel/ upside down pyramid. then choose the genre you want to be filtered so in this case i guess jazz. and then unfortunatley dl them one by one.

Also, yea some users go innactive and sadly their content goes with them aswell, aka links dont work so it gets removed. Not too sure what  would be the best way to do the spotify playlists..think itd be easier if it could just be an option to add to playlist when submitting  psarc onto website but no approval yet on that. maybe just make the spotify playlists collaborative? so that anyone can add..problem is might get some trolls who delete it all.. idk well see.. open for suggestions if anyone has some.

ok Lastly, you can use scotts app (a user created app that automatically searches songs from your spotify account to whats on the database of the website) so all you have to do is press a heart on the playlist (or use any of your own playlists) and then use his app to see if the songs are on. If you dont feel comfortable with using your paid spotify account for x reasons you can also just create a free spotify account and it will work just the same. I doubt that there would be any issues with using you real one but heck sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

heres link to scotts app

https://ignite-for-spotify.scowalt.com/

On 10/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, cacahuate51 said:

@ Basilton

Unfortunately packs are not allowed on customsforge (i think itd be ideal but I also understand that it might be messy since sometimes people update the songs alot cause of several mistakes or just quality updates)

When I made the spotify list searching by tags didnt exist. Now it kinda does as long as the user is still active and has updated the post with tags. in order to search for songs with tags ( genres) click the filters button in search ignition. looks like a funnel/ upside down pyramid. then choose the genre you want to be filtered so in this case i guess jazz. and then unfortunatley dl them one by one.

Also, yea some users go innactive and sadly their content goes with them aswell, aka links dont work so it gets removed. Not too sure what  would be the best way to do the spotify playlists..think itd be easier if it could just be an option to add to playlist when submitting  psarc onto website but no approval yet on that. maybe just make the spotify playlists collaborative? so that anyone can add..problem is might get some trolls who delete it all.. idk well see.. open for suggestions if anyone has some.

ok Lastly, you can use scotts app (a user created app that automatically searches songs from your spotify account to whats on the database of the website) so all you have to do is press a heart on the playlist (or use any of your own playlists) and then use his app to see if the songs are on. If you dont feel comfortable with using your paid spotify account for x reasons you can also just create a free spotify account and it will work just the same. I doubt that there would be any issues with using you real one but heck sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

heres link to scotts app

https://ignite-for-spotify.scowalt.com/

Thanks for all that info! thats been really helpful!!! 🙂 

• Like 1