Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 449 - da capo 228

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 449 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:
- Beginner: @kayteck (100)
- Intermediate: @austywells (92.62)
- Advanced: @Mikson (96.05)
- Masterclass: @Bottledpat12 (97.08)
- Masterclass Bonus: @nlbsmglsk (95)
- God of Guitar: @Bottledpat12 (97.31)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @austywells (98.31)
- Advanced: @Mikson (91.12)
- Masterclass: @avastreg (98.38)

Bass:
- Beginner: @luckyoldme (97)
- Intermediate: @kayteck (99.59)
- Intermediate Bonus: @kayteck (99.1)
- Advanced: @cacahuate51 (99.75)
- Masterclass: @IBOE555666 (100)
- God of Bass: @IBOE555666 (99.19)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Macy's Day Parade (3) [from week 228]
Intermediate: Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio (5) [from week 228]
Advanced: Metallica - King Nothing (7) (Eb standard) [from week 228]
Masterclass: Extreme - Get The Funk Out (10) (Eb standard) [from week 228]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Macy's Day Parade (3) [from week 228]
Intermediate: Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio (5) [from week 228]
Advanced: Metallica - King Nothing (6) (Eb standard) [from week 228]
Masterclass: Extreme - Get The Funk Out (8) (Eb standard) [from week 228]

Bass Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Macy's Day Parade (3.5) [from week 228]
Intermediate: Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio (3) [from week 228]
Advanced: Metallica - King Nothing (6) (Eb standard) [from week 228]
Masterclass: Extreme - Get The Funk Out (9) (Eb standard) [from week 228]

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 5

1. I've decided to keep the original difficulty ratings and ordering for historical accuracy, but imo everything should be rated at least a point lower. Except the Green Day bass, which is more int than beginner and I think should get a 4.

2. The Extreme song has a really cool solo, and Brian May seems to agree with me on this https://youtu.be/fqkKFhFMaIw

3. Link to week 228: https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/52129-rocksmith-2014-championship-week-288/

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, austywells said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/brg0hKs

I gotta post a link for the rest of my scores. Nothing happens when I insert image using URL and I only have 805.46 kB remaining for media

You're posting a link to the gallery. The forum software here does not know what to do with it. If you RMB directly on the image, select "Copy Image Url" and then paste that here it should inline automatically.

Like this:

xmMRGT4.png

WARNING: This is a austywells score, not mine. Do not put it in the leaderboards.

• Like 1

RIP Ronnie Hawkins https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/29/obituaries/ronnie-hawkins-dead.html

No tribute, though because I can't find anything on Ignition Search.  FYI, his band, the Hawks, became Dylan's backing band and eventually The Band.  IIRC, he was the first special guest in The Last Waltz, the last show that The Band played together.

• Sad 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

27 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

@2groggy

1. What is the FB police?
2. What's the deal with this freebird thing?
3. Why do you only show up when someone dies?  Are you Death from Discworld?

I'll answer the questions out of order.

I competed in the championship regularly from approximately week 100 to week 200.  When they brought in the Freebird rule, I jumped onboard because, of course, playing what I want, when I want is as rock and roll as it gets. The FB police became the running gag about me not following any other rule.

I had always suggested tributes to the fallen heros while competing. So I just kept up the practice for the last few years.

Greg

Take THAT FreeBird Police! 😝

Edit - and bonus points for the Terry Pratchett reference 👍

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

15 minutes ago, 2groggy said:

I'll answer the questions out of order.

I competed in the championship regularly from approximately week 100 to week 200.  When they brought in the Freebird rule, I jumped onboard because, of course, playing what I want, when I want is as rock and roll as it gets. The FB police became the running gag about me not following any other rule.

I had always suggested tributes to the fallen heros while competing. So I just kept up the practice for the last few years.

Greg

Take THAT FreeBird Police! 😝

Well, all I can say to that is keep on doing what you're doing. But if you ever consider posting something on a less grim occasion, don't hold back.

I still post the occasional score, but only bass category in standard tuning.  I mostly build and play bass sixes and they don't agree with downtuning. 

• Like 1

Remember playing this before, definitely not 200~ weeks ago but beat my old score according to rs so yay.
C2GNdp8.png

Bass is pretty fun too
bglbrwz.png

• Like 5

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 5/29/2022 at 2:44 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

You're posting a link to the gallery. The forum software here does not know what to do with it. If you RMB directly on the image, select "Copy Image Url" and then paste that here it should inline automatically.

Like this:

xmMRGT4.png

WARNING: This is a austywells score, not mine. Do not put it in the leaderboards.

Ahh gotcha. Thank you! I edited my post to this format

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

@avastregYour move.

I'm getting closer 😎

Unfortunately I will be away on holiday from Thursday morning so I have like 2 days to do my best and give fuel to the duel. I'll probably skip learning the solo, even if it's awesome, because I don't have enough time. It's a shame because this song deserve the race to 100% (for rhythm at least)

@coldrampagegreat score too!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 3