Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 447

0rPG9kr.png
I think thats the best ill get it for now! had to listen to it/riff repeat/normal mode quiet a bit!  

lVc0QMm.png
did lots of runs on normal mode  but i was no bueno. I think the mutes is what gets me...ill have to do better for next weeks choice !

• Like 1

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

Magnificent song selection for my classes this week... Didn't know these songs, but they are so cool and fun to play.

Lead

0M4QCsA.jpg

Rhythm.. could not make it any better... My issue is I am playing it with only 3 fingers, so lots of misses in main riff switching to 4th and 3rd threat on E.

Cannot make my pinkie working... i got hand strain when practicing it "proper" way 😉  

drchdoZ.jpg

Also tried my luck in Bass, but again.. the same issue with 3 fingers 😉

xOZXJkK.jpg

Bass, so nice song to play... I could play it and play it... but these slides... could not make a try with all them played correctly...
I didn't have this "pinkie issue" in this one though 🙂 
zCI3FEi.jpg

• Like 4

not flaking out of the comp just cant participate properly cos half my hand has been numb for a couple of weeks straight now... be back soon as it (hopefully) fixes itself, weak pinky at the best of times but this is another level when not got the grip strength to even full bend.

edit: are we all hating on our little fingers atm?! ^^ 🤣

4 minutes ago, shaggy_malagy said:

Good question! When I started playing guitar on Rocksmith I only used 3 fingers which I think was a big mistake, it wasn't easy to get out of this habit afterwards. Now I use 4 fingers on the guitar, but still have a problem with that on bass. In the fast riffs (Drawing a Black from this week is a great example here) it's easier for me to play a riff with 3 fingers jumping quickly than with 4 fingers, which i suppose I should do.

anyone see the new black keys pod on rogan? i'll be trading my entire left hand in for a butterknife soon!

do you treat your little finger like the runt kid in sports class, last to be picked cos it's borderline useless?

instead, start treating it like the reliable backbencher it is, know you can regularly bring it on as the superstar sub to help win the game when it's getting sketchy in difficult moments, but you still need to give it its regular dues, or it'll get bored of not participating as much as it wants to and underperform due to lethargy. teamwork makes the dream work.

• Like 2

Little improvements:

I always have stupid power chord misses here. I don't know if these are my mistakes, but rather recognition.

20220520214549-1.jpg

20220521143619-1.jpg

99+ is my max

20220521001904-1.jpg

I like to play it. I tried to get 90% but couldn't. Still, for a song that is basically one long solo, this result is ok.

20220520194937-1.jpg

I changed the rating from 7.5 to 8. Basically a cosmetic change of no importance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaggy_malagy said:

not flaking out of the comp just cant participate properly cos half my hand has been numb for a couple of weeks straight now... be back soon as it (hopefully) fixes itself, weak pinky at the best of times but this is another level when not got the grip strength to even full bend.

What happened? Is this a playing related injury, or where you in a car crash or something? Hope you get well soon.

As for the pinky discussion, here's my 3 cents:
1. Playing bass really helps build up strength if you don't overdo it. Esp. for the pinky since it's harder to avoid using it. 
2. Lighter string gauges are just better in every way.
3. When bending always use other fingers to support.

I actually have an opposite problem. When playing high up the neck where the frets are close together I have to consciously remember not to use the pinky, just because my fingers get too close to each other sometimes. 

• Like 2