what pick are you using?

devindog23

Tortex green for guitar, orange (or thinner) for bass.

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

I play bass, but have always used picks a lot. My favorite picks are the Everly Star Picks. The purple 1.14mm tortex is my go to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Pruitt/Music/EverlyPicks.jpg

The blue pick from them is by go-to pick. I have about 10 of them - and the black text is completely worn off of all of them, so I have no idea what gauge it actually is.

Dunlops 1.5mm and got a set of 1.14mm but I still prefer the thicker pick for some reason.

Guitars owned:

Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR (EMG 85-81) | Ibanez GRG20Z | B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast (EMG 85-81) | Jackson Pro King V KVT (Duncan SH-6).

Playing since:

November 11, 2013.

Favorite Genre:

Heavy Metal \m/ (specifically Death Metal, Power Metal, etc. and the heavier stuff) 

Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2.0. Best pick I ever used. I also have lots of Dunlop Max Grip Jazz III on stock, love those too. I HATE light picks, I find them extremely unresponsive, the delay from when I move my wrist to when the pick finally produces sound is insane. 

• Like 1

There was this girl who lived not too long ago, as a matter of fact I think she lives still

JayEm's Workshop

I use yellow Dava sure grip nylon picks.   I've used all the other Dava picks lines including materials: delrin, metal, gel --->  used Dunlops nylons', classic and tortex. Planet waves picks, stone picksand even one of Rick Nielsen's picks from a concert waaaay back.

Nothing does it for me like a Dava. :-P That could be a good ad slogan.   copyright2014KasnitchInc.   :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

http://www.jimdunlop.com/images/products/Gator96-11.png

Dunlop Gator Grips in .96, 1.14 and 1.5mm until I figure out my preference. Still newish to playing. They just stood out from the rest of the picks when I was trying different ones.

• Like 1