what pick are you using?

devindog23

I was enamored of Dunlop nylon .72's and .88's but recently discovered Moshay. I don't think I will ever go back. The Moshay picks are, so far, the best I've tried. I am using the the medium and the thick. Small size. Try them out if you can find them. Very comfortable, sits nice in the hand. Great contact point. And no, I do not work for, or represent them. What's your favorite pick?

I use 1mm picks myself i love the heavy attack sound i get from them, i just buy a generic brand and get the bands long printed on them, the design is slightly longer than the Dunlop Tortex which i find is easier to get under the strings.*Edit* My band's logo

• Like 1

I recently switched from nylons to the Dunlop Gels (XH size), they work best with my fingers, they just stay in place. The nylons became too dull-sounding. Tried the Tortex, but they just spin on my fingers.

A lot of it depends on your fingers -- if you sweat a lot, you'll need one type, it you don't, another may work better for you.

• Like 1

Marty V I agree. Every one must find what is suitable for them. The latest Taylor advert had a nice article on this subject. It claimed thst more experienced guitarists preferred thicker picks. I sm wondering if this holds true. It does for me. I enjoyed the ease of thinner picks early on, but now love the control I get from a thicker pick.

Warning: include(/home/customsf/public_html/cache/globalCaches.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/customsf/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 3013

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/customsf/public_html/cache/globalCaches.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/customsf/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/customsf/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 3013

Marty V I agree. Every one must find what is suitable for them. The latest Taylor advert had a nice article on this subject. It claimed thst more experienced guitarists preferred thicker picks. I sm wondering if this holds true. It does for me. I enjoyed the ease of thinner picks early on, but now love the control I get from a thicker pick.

Switching to a heavier pick has definitely improved my playing. No question about it.

Warning: include(/home/customsf/public_html/cache/globalCaches.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/customsf/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 3013

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/customsf/public_html/cache/globalCaches.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/customsf/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/customsf/public_html/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 3013

Switching to a heavier pick has definitely improved my playing. No question about it.

I play bass, but have always used picks a lot. My favorite picks are the Everly Star Picks. The purple 1.14mm tortex is my go to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Pruitt/Music/EverlyPicks.jpg

I also often use a Wedgie Rubber pick, when I want a softer attack when using a pick. I use both the 5.0mm, and 3.1mm Hard rubber picks. The Soft ones sound good, but don't last very long on roundwound bass strings. They get ripped apart pretty fast. But the Hard's last a long time, so I only use those these days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Pruitt/417vegh4vML.jpg

I have been using the Dava picks: link

I tried the larger ones, but I find the Jazz style (not sure what type I have, since I thought there was only one (when I bought them)) "fits" better. I find that they wear down (the tip, and the rubber part you grip) fairly quickly, so buy a multi pack once you figure out which ones you like.

Just started using Dunlop Big Stubby 2mm and they are really comfortable. I use much thinner .38 to .78 for strumming or thumb...

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

i use jazz III for for lead/solo and purple dunlop gels for strumming and acoustic, they really stick to your finger and thumb after they warm up :)

Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock: