Why are delisted songs still blacklisted?

Denkersis

Question

I can't access the FAQ and I don't know which forum is the adequate for this so I'll ask here. Why can't we have CDLC of songs that are abandonware? There is literally no way to have them unless you make them yourself, which takes a lot of time, or own them beforehand, which is not possible for any newcomer (my case) and is unfair for anyone who didn't have interest in said songs for whatever reason.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

You can't say I had no interest in said songs, I play this game since a couple weeks ago. I can be "uninterested" on something I don't know it's there.

Anyway, that doesn't answer my question as to why the songs are unobtainable while there is no official way of having them

On 5/14/2022 at 9:13 AM, firekorn said:

This has been our stance on delisted content since 2014 was released and that 5 songs didn't transfer from RS1 to 2014.

We had no reason at this point to change that stance.

If you didn't had interest in those songs for the 10 years they were available, I don't see why we should take risk of changing our stance on that subject now to satisfy that low interest.

"If you didn't had interest in those songs for the 10 years they were available..."

This point doesn't make sense at all. The comunity grows day after day... The new players now aren't allowed to play a song that isn't even available to buy anymore?

Its frustrating but it makes sense if you think about it. The song was delisted from Rocksmith because the publisher wanted it removed, which means the rights-holder took the song down. It would be asking for trouble to put it up here, since they obviously wanted it removed from the game.

Its illegal to host the original game DLC here, delisted or not. Hosting a CDLC of the song has increased chance of attracting unwanted attention from the publisher. You don't really want the site to risk the beginning of copyright problems for the sake of a few songs do you?

You can find the delisted DLC elsewhere if you look

• Administrator

This has been our stance on delisted content since 2014 was released and that 5 songs didn't transfer from RS1 to 2014.

We had no reason at this point to change that stance.

If you didn't had interest in those songs for the 10 years they were available, I don't see why we should take risk of changing our stance on that subject now to satisfy that low interest.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity