Official Ultimate Guitar Tabs - 18K

viper83

Hope this will help a lot of us:

I have downloaded almost 18K Official tabs from UG (out of 20K) - which you usually can not download from their website. You can use this for updating your current CDLCs or create new ones and... save some money for not having a sub at UG.  

Yes, we all know Official tabs are not always 100% but I'm sure they are better then most Guitar Pro files and your charts can benefit from it.
This project took me almost 6 months, due to limitations of UG and the tool, so hopefully its worth it! 

Im looking for some help though, to get to the 20K and download the missing tabs. 
Special thanks to @mczero for already helping out on this project! Do you wanna help us out and have a current UG subscription, PM me!

Here is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bszxb34qws3jjxb/Ultimate_Guitar_Official_tabs_Q1_22.rar/file 
Password: cfugtab
Current archive: ~ till Q1-22. 
Also, I will add new tabs every quarter (every month?) and share a download link.

Let me know!

Edit: I've got a few people helping, so no need atm. However, if you have any tips, please share!

New tabs:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arrov,

If you have pro membership and especially if you live somewhere other than the US you may have access to some or all the "officials" that are restricted and not in this archive yet. So if you can help complete it please let @viper83 know. He's made a big effort for all of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unaccredited Charter

Definitely very much appreciate this and the work both of you put into gathering all these tabs. This is one of the coolest surprises of the year! I don't have a pro account on UG and I'm also located in the US, so I unfortunately cannot help out

• Like 2

I just submitted my first tab to UG and I didn't know that you can earn free pro access by submitting tabs. If I understand correctly, I should get a free month if my tab is approved. If so, I can help out if I'm able to get any of the needed tabs. Says it should be reviewed within 48 hours

• Like 1

You guys rock!!!!

That´s how legends are made!

I salute you!

• Thanks 1

@viper83

This is amazing! How did you do that to download those tabs? I have a pro account on UG and never found an option to download these tabs and even read the comment that there is no such option. So when I used these tabs in my recent projects, I had to rewrite everything by hand, which was very time-consuming. You did a great job which will save me a lot of time as I have Guitar Pro and can now export these tabs to EOF. Many thanks!

And thanks to @Rodman for refreshing this topic because I missed it before.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikson said:

So when I used these tabs in my recent projects, I had to rewrite everything by hand, which was very time-consuming. You did a great job which will save me a lot of time as I have Guitar Pro and can now export these tabs to EOF. Many thanks!

Same here. Whenever I had used the official UG tabs for some CDLC I had to rewrite the whole tab by hand, pretty nice to just have the actual tabs!

• Like 1

Hello,
It is incredible the effort that you have made to get all those files. It is to be thankful.
I have a question. What is the difference between an American account and a European one?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gafotas said:

Hello,
It is incredible the effort that you have made to get all those files. It is to be thankful.
I have a question. What is the difference between an American account and a European one?

Thanks.

There may possibly be differences in access to certain songs due to copyright issues. If this is the case, it would probably only really apply to users in certain countries with very lenient copyright laws. Most of Europe would probably be the same as the US I'm guessing. I don't think its confirmed that there is any difference yet either... it may be the same for everyone across the world.

There are some tabs where the owner of the rights have had UG take them down. These could possibly still be available in some countries, but I'm betting its the same across the board

On 4/29/2022 at 3:18 AM, viper83 said:

And to let others save some money 😉 

Actually it's much more important than that. Even when you pay your sub to UG you no longer get to download the "official" gpx you want. The average CF charter (like me) is not up to making a comprehensive transcription of three parts of a song and joins UG to get the "official" gpx, only to find they've wasted their money as far as downloading the song they want. As posted elsewhere, UG Pro subscription is basically a scam. You don't get what you paid for. I resigned but they're still billing me.

@Viper83 has solved the problem for us with this archive, (except for a few restricted gpx's). A highly commendable effort.

• Like 2

Unaccredited Charter

What I used to do is print the tab to a PDF file in my browser - so it would save the tab in PDF format, which is better than nothing but not nearly as good as having the actual tab file for lots of reasons. As charters, obviously can't use a PDF to create a chart.

I also had the problem with UG still billing me after I cancelled. I had to spend a lot of time in their customer service chat getting jerked around to finally get it taken care of. I really hate UG as a company and wish there was a better tab site.

Now I'm dealing with their ridiculous approval process when you upload tabs, which is also terrible

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...