Save the file name of a CDLC on CF for better use

It would be great, if at upload time, the file name is stored to the CDLC. This way we could use this information to load songs under the game on demand. And do not need to load all the 6000 songs at start of RS (what takes for me 5-6 Minutes at least).

• Administrator
16 hours ago, kozaka said:

It would be great, if at upload time, the file name is stored to the CDLC. This way we could use this information to load songs under the game on demand. And do not need to load all the 6000 songs at start of RS (what takes for me 5-6 Minutes at least).

I understand your intentions but most likely this won't be implemented. If you check the upload CDLC form you just paste an upload link from a filehost, so people would have to put the file in manually. At the moment the best methods for quick load are getting an M.2 (or PCI-E M.2) or a current gen SSD so you can load the songs faster. 

Additionally our development of CFSM has stalled to a halt. My original plan was to tie CFSM + CF together where we would use an API to detect the CDLC Title, Artist, Album, and Creator together for a way to detect out of date CDLC and help manage CDLC more.

The best current method I can think of is having an API built where it reads the RSPlaylist data (or scrapes the data if koko allows it), and ties it to the streamer's requests, it loads that song. So maybe when the streamer is on they turn on the list, have the queue filled up with request, you put in your own requests as well, then have the bot do it's work (Move only CDLC that matches SONG/TITLE/ALBUM) and remunerate with those CDLC.

Other then that I can't think of any ideas at the moment we can do. 

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 1 month later...

Yeah....I wrote an app in Python for that loading according to the request from RS playlist. It will be released soon. For that, I need the connection of a CDLC ID and the file name. Otherwise it will not work. I think I will build up a database service, where we store and manage that connection.

I do live testing of my app, and it works so well:

• I have 0 CDLC loaded in my game.
  • My downloaded song file names are loaded into the app from CFSM
  • If somebody request a song on RS Playlist, the app looks up the song in the database, and gets the file name if I downloaded it already
  • if it is found, the app gets the file from my CDLC archive directory and loads via Sniffer/CFSM into the game (during I play some other song)
  • If it is not downloaded, I have to download it, but then again it will be loaded automatically by my app + Sniffer/CFSM

But, this way, to load a new CDLC in the game takes seconds. Always!