Lyric lines aren't separating

MVega

Question

I'm working on a vocal track -- I've been through it twice, making sure the each line is marked separately. Everything looks fine in the EOF preview pane. But in Rocksmith, at lot of the lines are showing up grouped together as single lines stretching across the entire window.

Anyone have a clue why?

13 answers to this question

That happened to me when I did the lines by hand in EOF instead of using Ultra Star Creator, as I should've :) It's actually less work, you just load a text file with the lyrics and sync it to the music. Much easier than it sounds. And you don't have to enter the text by hand! the added bonus is that (for me at least) it doesn't throw everything together like you described.

That happened to me when I did the lines by hand in EOF instead of using Ultra Star Creator, as I should've :) It's actually less work, you just load a text file with the lyrics and sync it to the music. Much easier than it sounds. And you don't have to enter the text by hand! the added bonus is that (for me at least) it doesn't throw everything together like you described.

Yeah, I'm going to have to give Ultrastar a try finally... when I started making customs, it was just one app to learn too many...

Edit: I think I figured it out -- the lyric lines hadn't been gridsnapped, but the markers were, which was throwing things off.

• Like 1

EOF shouldn't care about whether the lyrics are grid snapped, but if the lyrics and lyric lines are enough out of sync (ie. lyrics are outside of the correct lyric line markers) it could cause some problems.

I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know for sure if it was that. Also, when checking the events, I found a note listed (don't remember which note, believe it was an E6?) that shouldn't have been there. I deleted it, since it wasn't supposed to be there.

Well, resnapping didn't help.

I think the problem is that I tried importing the vocals tracks from another custom of the same song (the original custom wasn't accurate, so the original charter agreed to let me take a crack at it). I thought it would save me the effort of having to retype the lyrics -- I'd just fix what was there. But obviously it didn't work!

So is there a way to completely erase the vocal track -- not just the notes, but the entire track -- and start all over again? What would happen if I erased the real_vocals.xml file?

Try CTL M'ing the words? This will add that blue bar that groups them into one line.

Yes, I've done that, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work.

If you still wanted to empty the vocal track, the "Track>Erase track" function should get the job done.

Ah, okay, didn't see this function. Still discovering this program after all these weeks!

Well, the solution was pretty simple -- I forgot to point the toolkit to the proper file. Duh.

I've clearly had this problem before, cos when I just searched for this issue, I found that I had already liked your post. It was (once again) the solution to my problem. I had added VOCALS.xml in the toolkit, rather than VOCALS_RS2.xml.

Let's hope I don't have to search for it a 3rd time. I'm going to have to write myself a FAQ of questions frequently asked my me. LOL

Thanks! (again)

• Like 1

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here