Getting into the game

jamesd256

Question

Hey all,

Never knew all this was going on and very keen to try to figure out CDLC.  Great to know it's all still going strong.

One thing that has always bothered me about RS2014 is going through such a long process to load the game and get into a song.  For me, from day one it has never been able to reach UBISoft servers so I have to get through all the screens telling me that, and this is on top of the hopelessly slow loading where I have to sit through all the intro phases.

Probably seems like a complaint about nothing to some, but I would love it if it could get into a song as fast as Phase shift (I use this for drums with my midi drum kit).  Has anyone figured out a way to speed all this up?

Cheers!

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jamesd256 said:

Hey all,

Never knew all this was going on and very keen to try to figure out CDLC.  Great to know it's all still going strong.

One thing that has always bothered me about RS2014 is going through such a long process to load the game and get into a song.  For me, from day one it has never been able to reach UBISoft servers so I have to get through all the screens telling me that, and this is on top of the hopelessly slow loading where I have to sit through all the intro phases.

Probably seems like a complaint about nothing to some, but I would love it if it could get into a song as fast as Phase shift (I use this for drums with my midi drum kit).  Has anyone figured out a way to speed all this up?

Cheers!

There's a few mods to speed up the launch of the game, one to skip/speed up the intro and another to auto-select profile. You can get them through rsmods.

The profile one only works when you're logged in to the ubisoft servers though, they go down occasionally but are still functioning so you should be able to log in somehow.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

2 hours ago, coldrampage said:

There's a few mods to speed up the launch of the game, one to skip/speed up the intro and another to auto-select profile. You can get them through rsmods.

The profile one only works when you're logged in to the ubisoft servers though, they go down occasionally but are still functioning so you should be able to log in somehow.

THIS IS LIFE CHANGING HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THESE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Thanks!  This was exactly what I was hoping for..and much more!

Like radbiird, I am amazed, and also very grateful that I stumbled across this community.

Since you mention about the servers, I am not sure why but they have never ever worked for me.  I wonder if there's an explanation out there.

But now my eyes have opened to the CDLC/modding potential, I am curious to know if there is any risk in allowing the game to talk to the servers?  Are we doing anything they don't want us to or that breaks terms of the license by adding content and modding the game?

Ultimately I would love to bypass steam and all the online stuff, simply because for me there needs to be a great reason to allow software to send and receive data that benefits me.  I do understand Steam is a great way to make sure publishers get paid, and I'm down with that, but as someone who is not trying to play for free unfairly, it's in our way isn't it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jamesd256 said:

But now my eyes have opened to the CDLC/modding potential, I am curious to know if there is any risk in allowing the game to talk to the servers?  Are we doing anything they don't want us to or that breaks terms of the license by adding content and modding the game?

They definitely know we're doing this since they used to host score attack boards for every custom song but so far no-ones been banned for it so we assume it's fairly safe.

8 hours ago, jamesd256 said:

Ultimately I would love to bypass steam and all the online stuff, simply because for me there needs to be a great reason to allow software to send and receive data that benefits me.  I do understand Steam is a great way to make sure publishers get paid, and I'm down with that, but as someone who is not trying to play for free unfairly, it's in our way isn't it?

Someone was trying to find a way to skip the ubisoft login screen at startup but I don't think they've had muck luck with it. I don't think you can go full offline without removing denuvo either since it has a periodic online reactivation so you can't just block the servers.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype