Adding bass lines

slondo1

Hey guys, I've been making some CDLC for home use, and noticed In the Garage by Weezer doesn't have a bass line, so I'm putting it in EoF (my wife and I like to play together).  I see others have asked for the bass line as well on the comment page for that song.

I also want to add some simple bass lines to White Stripes and similar songs, so she has something to play with (probably no need to upload those)

What are the rules on adding to someone else's previously created work?

38 minutes ago, slondo1 said:

Hey guys, I've been making some CDLC for home use, and noticed In the Garage by Weezer doesn't have a bass line, so I'm putting it in EoF (my wife and I like to play together).  I see others have asked for the bass line as well on the comment page for that song.

I also want to add some simple bass lines to White Stripes and similar songs, so she has something to play with (probably no need to upload those)

What are the rules on adding to someone else's previously created work?

The general guidelines go something like this. Number 3 is probably the most applicable here.
MzMtX1R.png

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

1 hour ago, slondo1 said:

Thank you!

also is it against the rules to include a Venmo address with your DLC in case someone wants to donate, or is that taboo (I would only do this with DLC that is 100% my work)

That should be fine, most people link to stuff like their paypals/fiverr gigs in the author notes.

The passage bellow is the relevant section from the rules.

Asking for donations can be tolerated under certain circumstances. It is not tolerated if it adds extra steps to the download process or is not avoidable to download the CDLC. It is tolerated if it is in: 1) The release note of the record 2) Your own workshop topic

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype