To Mods Starting to get worried

Gilmo OG

1 hour ago, gilmosworld said:

Adm: there have been a lot of zip files of the cdlc's as of late. Do you guys worry about zips of the songs easy way to start hacking peoples PC's. More so when you have to turn off your cookies to download the file. 

Could you post some examples of these to take a look at?

Generally things only download as a zip when you try to download a whole folder which mostly just includes different versions, multitracks or the song tab and you can see what you are getting beforehand to make sure there's nothing dodgy in there too. In those cases you can just download one file instead of the whole folder and you shouldn't get a zip file either.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

What it is some are supposed  songs you go to download them but won't do it unless you turn off blocking any cookies. Then it downloads them fine. some of those are zip files. And it comes up as google dl like normal. I.ve came across a lot that on everyday looking for songs. Love the site I play all the instruments. Wish there was more R&B but beggers can't be choosers. lol 

• 2 months later...

Yea I know that some are zip’s it’s what you have to go thru to get it is what I’m saying. Some you have to turn off your cookie for them to download witch I don’t like. Cuz ya don’t know what is put on your pc. I’m not sure what happens on other systems. I’m just one of those that has someone hacking and security. I still get then just clean my pc after. 

You're gonna have to post an example link of a download which has the issue you're talking about or nobody can really tell ya much about it

It sounds like its probably something to do with specific filehosting sites which require cookies to view the site - stuff like this is just part of filehosting, although I'm not aware of any commonly used ones which absolutely require cookies

I just tried the newest hawthorne heights upload which is on google drive and I didn't have any issues downloading or it asking me to do anything

I am signed into google but I am also using a privacy browser... not sure what kind of settings you have going, we can't really tell you what's going on without more details than just a generalized statement about having to turn off things - ie, we need the exact message you are receiving when you try to download

This one?
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/54297

I also tried with and without cookies in chrome and it worked fine both times, even when logged out, in incognito mode and with ad-block on (for good measure).
Also worked in Microsoft edge with and without cookies, with "do not track mode" on while logged out.

This would have to be an issue with google drive itself and whatever extensions/browser settings you have since it seems to be working fine no matter what I throw at it.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I'm logged into google to. Wit me most work fine but there are some that if your not paying attention you will think you did. but if you pay attention to the download it pop a window say that you can't download it. then you turn off cookies setting then you can download it. I mean I got the song just when I first try to get it says no. I'll send you a screenshot. Most like that will download without a issue from there without doing it. when you click download they do. The page looks the same. just says it can't download

• 2 weeks later...

Hey how ya doing. I just really seen something weird about what I talkin about I clean the data from chrome had't done that in awhile. so I go on to day and the first song a Pink Floyd song On the Turning Away file I went to download it and It did what  have been saying. So I go to download it did do it said it couldn't. Turn off the cookies and go back to try to download it and the file or something want to sync at the download point. At first it acted like it would not do it but I opened it up in a new window I downloaded then turn my cookies blocker back on chrome and cleaned the browser again. My anti had clean two virus's off my pc today this pc only is used for the game and that it. nothing else or to talk to you guys and the chat. Here is the filr link  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tgp8BRuHVrjbEZSdSH5RvsLFOPJ58VET  it didn't download it show on the list today at 2pm central time May 21 22

I downloaded that link fine, no problem. Note that if you select download from the dropdown menu at the top it will zip up both files in the folder. If you select download by clicking on one of the individual files instead, it will only download the single CDLC file unzipped

It really doesn't matter that its zipped though. All its doing is zipping up the exact files in that folder, live on the spot, and sending it to you. It is not a pre-zipped file

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it sounds like you are overdoing it with all the blockers and antivirus, etc. I respect wanting to maintain privacy and security, but you really need to have a better grasp on what these programs are doing and how to use them. Also a lot of antivirus programs are actually really terrible and probably worse to run than just using the built in Windows protection, and they all give *lots* of false positives on stuff that are not actually dangerous

No I right click then menu download the message it can't download. Then turn off cookie's then it will download but that one was weird . I'm using chrome loged into google already already. So when I clicked download it popped up that the cloud sync it never does that. cuz I'm synced with my folder already so it shouldn't me that it did when I didn't send it to my cloud get what I'm saying just trying to keep pep safe when they come here me included.