Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 435

nlbsmglsk

2 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Since there are no complaints I'm gonna put this into the leaderboard.

personally dont think its a fair equivalent. i'm sure plenty of us have RR'd to 100% on most/all the sections individually while practicing, just not all in one long session.
isnt the moving around the neck on the fly consistently also part of the challenge?

like, you're playing a song live as a performance piece - you played the intro... and stopped, and said hang on audience, i want to get this next part perfect, just wait for me to get set up again for the verse position... ok and go... ok stop, chorus, let me get ready.... etc.

i guess that is exactly what they do with recording though tbf... hmmm, im torn now.....
i know im more the 'F it, we'll do it live' mentality (having very very rarely performed live myself 😁), but have you ever heard a record that sounded amazing, gone to see the band... and... errrr hmmmm

surely you can set a 1 and done score of equivalent value now uv practiced it that well?
just think it'd set a bad precedent of who can practice longest/hardest in one singular session on a technicality, which a lot of people cant do, as opposed to amount of general practice overall, which is more reasonable.

i climbed back into 3rd so i could comment neutrally btw 😶(🙂)

• Like 2

also
rodman, that snowboarding pic looked soooooooooo good!
daz, glad someone said it wouldve been a wasted opportunity
tinman, git gud scrub! lol sorry i do know him IRL

give a tinman a bass, he basses for a day... teach a tinman to bass, and you bass him for a lifetime 🎣

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shaggy_malagy said:

personally dont think its a fair equivalent. i'm sure plenty of us have RR'd to 100% on most/all the sections individually while practicing, just not all in one long session.
isnt the moving around the neck on the fly consistently also part of the challenge?

like, you're playing a song live as a performance piece - you played the intro... and stopped, and said hang on audience, i want to get this next part perfect, just wait for me to get set up again for the verse position... ok and go... ok stop, chorus, let me get ready.... etc.

i guess that is exactly what they do with recording though tbf... hmmm, im torn now.....
i know im more the 'F it, we'll do it live' mentality (having very very rarely performed live myself 😁), but have you ever heard a record that sounded amazing, gone to see the band... and... errrr hmmmm

surely you can set a 1 and done score of equivalent value now uv practiced it that well?
just think it'd set a bad precedent of who can practice longest/hardest in one singular session on a technicality, which a lot of people cant do, as opposed to amount of general practice overall, which is more reasonable.

i climbed back into 3rd so i could comment neutrally btw 😶(🙂)

I definitely agree that it's not equivalent, that's why I was asking for an opinion.  I mostly did it for the gains, not for the score, so if there's a consensus to remove the entry I've got no problem with it.

But then again maybe it should be allowed? The approach has drawbacks: no sa so lower score, no streak, big time commitment.

Also I don't see a way to disallow it while still allowing 'learn a song' scores. If it didn't tell you what I did nobody would know. In fact I'd make a wager that there's some scores on leaderboard right now that used rr in their runs.

On repeating the score in a single run, I doubt I can manage it. My left hand is all stiff rn and will probably take a couple of days to recover. Even typing this feels harder than it should rn. I'll give it a shot tomorrow I guess.

@ Rodman Can you weight in on this?

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
18 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

So what I did is I riff repeated each and every part in this song, most to 100%, in a single run. Took me 6+ hours.

Is this a valid score, or is it considered cheating? I checked the rules and I don't see anything that would forbid this.

😂 ... log time i have not seen such a post, cool!
Short answer - no not allowed

Long answer - well, scores are allowed for full runs on songs, the only thing allowed is pausing within an attempt, no going back and forth.... there has been quite some discussion about alike screenshots, as they cannot be in all cases separated from legit ones (in your case the mastery is far off the acc as a hint). Well there have been voices among the orgas 5,6 years ago to only allow  Score Attack scores cause of that issue, but i voted against because basically cheating with entrances is easy, also in SA - the pro cheater can replace any note in the song by empty E strings (or whatever) and will get a perfect screener with a 100% on any song, the lame cheater can just photoshop a bit.... it´s a friendly competition and we are all here to improve, if someone thinks he has to push his self confidence by manipulating his entrancescreeners - oh boy.... so be it.
If there will ever be giveaways or anything - a video playthrough will be required for a valid score.

Rod.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

This weeks songs with lots of chords in my lasses.

Therefore recognition sucks... as usual 😉, so I don't think I will get any better results despite the fact that I have a filling (and I hear it) that I play it correctly...

Don't know why this is Lead... it should be rhythm

3Vp72mq.jpg

This tune is weird... I cannot tell if I like it or not 🙂

1IX11Jr.jpg

These slides...

2ArbKfC.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

I definitely agree that it's not equivalent, that's why I was asking for an opinion.  I mostly did it for the gains, not for the score, so if there's a consensus to remove the entry I've got no problem with it.

But then again maybe it should be allowed? The approach has drawbacks: no sa so lower score, no streak, big time commitment.

Also I don't see a way to disallow it while still allowing 'learn a song' scores. If it didn't tell you what I did nobody would know. In fact I'd make a wager that there's some scores on leaderboard right now that used rr in their runs.

On repeating the score in a single run, I doubt I can manage it. My left hand is all stiff rn and will probably take a couple of days to recover. Even typing this feels harder than it should rn. I'll give it a shot tomorrow I guess.

@ Rodman Can you weight in on this?

I generally agree with @ shaggy_malagy . Sometimes I play a song in RR mode but for one ride without pauses. I just want to know how I'm doing (number of mistakes). I think we should just turn it on and play the song like we do in SA mode.

But I don't know if it's illegal according to the rules. I think whoever created them might not even have thought about the option you described 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodman said:

Long answer - well, scores are allowed for full runs on songs, the only thing allowed is pausing within an attempt, no going back and forth.... there has been quite some discussion about alike screenshots, as they cannot be in all cases separated from legit ones (in your case the mastery is far off the acc as a hint). Well there have been voices among the orgas 5,6 years ago to only allow  Score Attack scores cause of that issue, but i voted against because basically cheating with entrances is easy, also in SA - the pro cheater can replace any note in the song by empty E strings (or whatever) and will get a perfect screener with a 100% on any song, the lame cheater can just photoshop a bit.... it´s a friendly competition and we are all here to improve, if someone thinks he has to push his self confidence by manipulating his entrancescreeners - oh boy.... so be it.
If there will ever be giveaways or anything - a video playthrough will be required for a valid score.

Rod.

Well, that settles it. I'll revert to previous score then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

I generally agree with @ shaggy_malagy . Sometimes I play a song in RR mode but for one ride without pauses. I just want to know how I'm doing (number of mistakes). I think we should just turn it on and play the song like we do in SA mode.

But I don't know if it's illegal according to the rules. I think whoever created them might not even have thought about the option you described 🙂

Surely we thought about it. Whatever you do, going back in the song is disallowed (going forward is.. that is useful in the rare case of long long intros, can be skipped by going to RR, moving to first section with played notes and continue song)

Playing the whole song in one pass in RR is no problem.

Rock!!!

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

4 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Surely we thought about it. Whatever you do, going back in the song is disallowed (going forward is.. that is useful in the rare case of long long intros, can be skipped by going to RR, moving to first section with played notes and continue song)

Playing the whole song in one pass in RR is no problem.

Rock!!!

I feel like this should have been mentioned in the rules.

• Like 1

No rr this time. My fingers are still hurtin, but there is a noticeable improvement compared to my previous attempts. This surprised me a bit, it feels like I'm playing way worse. I guess second place is in reach tomorrow. If I did the rr madness on sunday, then I could've been at 99% by now probably. Depending on the song I might try that next week.

• Like 3

On 2/25/2022 at 2:47 AM, nlbsmglsk said:

So what I did is I riff repeated each and every part in this song, most to 100%, in a single run. Took me 6+ hours.

Is this a valid score, or is it considered cheating? I checked the rules and I don't see anything that would forbid this.

i personally recon it just needs to be a proper play through of the song instead of doing it in little bits until you reach 100%.

Isnt the entire point to show improvement and be able to play the songs properly?

However, its what the majority are happy with i guess. 

15 hours ago, shaggy_malagy said:

also
rodman, that snowboarding pic looked soooooooooo good!
daz, glad someone said it wouldve been a wasted opportunity
tinman, git gud scrub! lol sorry i do know him IRL

give a tinman a bass, he basses for a day... teach a tinman to bass, and you bass him for a lifetime 🎣

im all about the bass, about the bass, about the bass.

Get a better guitar!!

14 hours ago, Rodman said:

Rod.

I feel that using RR to learn some tough buts is obviously fine in order to  learn hard parts of songs but not to fulfil a 'score' 

Also love the idea of video playthroughs.  I'm gonna do a duet with shaggy and we can sing along too🎵

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kayteck said:

This weeks songs with lots of chords in my lasses.

Therefore recognition sucks... as usual 😉, so I don't think I will get any better results despite the fact that I have a filling (and I hear it) that I play it correctly...

Don't know why this is Lead... it should be rhythm

3Vp72mq.jpg

This tune is weird... I cannot tell if I like it or not 🙂

1IX11Jr.jpg

These slides...

2ArbKfC.jpg

nah!!!!! NAH!!!!!!! i need to get 1.5% more in like 2 hours lol

• Haha 1

great scores already, boys!!!! don´t think i will tackle those, but let´s start

43101488ev.jpg

• Like 1

43101514om.jpg

• Like 1

43101640uq.jpg

• Like 1