Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 434

diceslinger

@ diceslinger  What was your secret to getting 99+% on Soul Sacrifice bass? I was not getting good bend recognition but maybe doing something wrong. I also just in general hate long repetitive sections on the lower end of the fret board as my fingers are not quite long enough to use my index and ring fingers comfortably for a 3-5 fret part so I end up alternating ring and pinkie, which makes the bends harder.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Well i just returned from a week of snowboarding there:
grafik.png

and that Omicron  grafik.png bugger seems to have caught me

Dead tired but trying to get in a score now, don´t expect competition 😉

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

18 minutes ago, jellisjenius said:

@ diceslinger  What was your secret to getting 99+% on Soul Sacrifice bass? I was not getting good bend recognition but maybe doing something wrong. I also just in general hate long repetitive sections on the lower end of the fret board as my fingers are not quite long enough to use my index and ring fingers comfortably for a 3-5 fret part so I end up alternating ring and pinkie, which makes the bends harder.

A few things, the basics are supporting the bend with another finger.  I also have learned that Rocksmith likes if you play the note and then bend it, but that is dangerous because the bend is late and doesn't sound fluid so you are learning them wrong to get it to register.  I dislike that part, but I force myself to be aware of it.

The other is a bit more witchcraft.  I tend to tune my guitars 3-5 cents flat from the pick.  So I do a slow almost tremelo pick when I tune.  This tunes my attack, then leaves me some room for when I fret too hard.  On the bass I only go 1-2 cents flat because the thicker strings don't detune with heavy fretting as badly.  I'm working on fretting lighter, but when it gets fast and furious I tend to clamp down tighter.

This can be a bit inconsistent.  Occasionally it all fits together and I feel like I can play anything.  Other times I know I can play a section and keep failing.  When that happens I'll retune and often have better luck.

I also don't discount long repetitive passages.  I try to work on my intonation during them and keep myself focused and in the moment.  Otherwise I'll start zoning out and my finger are all like "What?  We have never played this part before!  Play all the wrong notes!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

9 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Well i just returned from a week of snowboarding there:
grafik.png

and that Omicron  grafik.png bugger seems to have caught me

Dead tired but trying to get in a score now, don´t expect competition 😉

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery my friend!  Do they ship hot chicken soup internationally? 😉 

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

cool to listen and play (6)

43059286yl.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

7 minutes ago, diceslinger said:

I'm wishing you a speedy recovery my friend!  Do they ship hot chicken soup internationally? 😉 

Thx m8!

They do, but... i hate chicken 😄

bass adv... endurance training a bit

43059345uk.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diceslinger said:

A few things, the basics are supporting the bend with another finger.  I also have learned that Rocksmith likes if you play the note and then bend it, but that is dangerous because the bend is late and doesn't sound fluid so you are learning them wrong to get it to register.  I dislike that part, but I force myself to be aware of it.

The other is a bit more witchcraft.  I tend to tune my guitars 3-5 cents flat from the pick.  So I do a slow almost tremelo pick when I tune.  This tunes my attack, then leaves me some room for when I fret too hard.  On the bass I only go 1-2 cents flat because the thicker strings don't detune with heavy fretting as badly.  I'm working on fretting lighter, but when it gets fast and furious I tend to clamp down tighter.

This can be a bit inconsistent.  Occasionally it all fits together and I feel like I can play anything.  Other times I know I can play a section and keep failing.  When that happens I'll retune and often have better luck.

I also don't discount long repetitive passages.  I try to work on my intonation during them and keep myself focused and in the moment.  Otherwise I'll start zoning out and my finger are all like "What?  We have never played this part before!  Play all the wrong notes!"

That’s really interesting, hadn’t tried anything like that with the slightly flat tuning…I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for taking the time to respond!