Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 430 - da capo 168

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

hell! (not the opposite of dark)

42883636jk.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

6 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Quick answer for @ Rodman

20220122174559-1.jpg

oh i like that!!!! great score, game on!
dunno if i can get back to bass, but i hope!

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

42883715es.jpg

• Like 1

42883804mx.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Hi All - 2 hour warning before I post the next week. Get your final scores in!

The 7:00 CET deadline has never really been adhered to as long as I've been here. This was posted at apx. 10:20 EST and IMO there was sufficient time to post new scores. 

Historically, the time cutoff has not been 100% consistent. I would not give anyone shit for missing it. Simultaneously, this is all for fun; if we miss the deadline for submission, it doesn't *really* matter, because you still got the practice in. Personally, I am not paying attention to the channel until I am about to sit down and play - with daylight savings time I get confused whether I have until 1pm or 2pm 😛. It doesn't usually matter, but I couldn't play until late morning today. Oh well!

1vTCfG1l.jpg

xVOAmgKl.jpg

Qcn0VTfl.jpg

peLnl9vl.jpg

MpwG8XMl.jpg

• Like 1

@ Hyphema  I hear you and I mostly agree...but it's not about "giving anyone shit" for missing, it's just about which scores qualify for the leaderboard. I've spent the last several hours re-testing songs and finalizing the list for the new week and I think it's fair for me to cut off the scores at a reasonable time of my choosing. I gave a two-hour warning and then gave another 30 minutes extra. 

@ jellisjenius I respect the effort you and the other people put in to run this, and realize that ultimately, time cut-off will be decided by whoever is in charge for that week.

What do you think about including a cut-off time reminder (in GMT, so conversion is clear across date lines/time zones?) with the initial song list to guarantee 100% exposure to everyone participating to remove all confusion now and in the future?

Giving a heads up of the closing time at some point (1 or 2 hrs before) is great for people paying attention, but will inevitably miss those who are only notified of mentions/replies.

7 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

The 7:00 CET deadline has never really been adhered to as long as I've been here. This was posted at apx. 10:20 EST and IMO there was sufficient time to post new scores. 

Generally when a week starts early scores are allowed until the cut off time.  When weeks are posted later scores are allowed until the new week is up. 

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Sorry, just getting back to this thread. Fair points for both @ Hyphema  and @ diceslinger . I defer to @ Rodman  and @ Mikson  on whether to count the late scores. If I were you I'd want them counted, sure. 

As for future reminders, @ Hyphema  are you suggesting a hard cutoff time set at the beginning of the week? Could be doable except that the person doing next week's selection is likely different. I guess we could just stick with a standing GMT cutoff. Other organizers, pls let me know what you think of all this. I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here 🙂 

4 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Sorry, just getting back to this thread. Fair points for both @ Hyphema  and @ diceslinger . I defer to @ Rodman  and @ Mikson  on whether to count the late scores. If I were you I'd want them counted, sure. 

As for future reminders, @ Hyphema  are you suggesting a hard cutoff time set at the beginning of the week? Could be doable except that the person doing next week's selection is likely different. I guess we could just stick with a standing GMT cutoff. Other organizers, pls let me know what you think of all this. I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here 🙂 

Yay, some discussion!

Have been missing those.

So.. main goal for me is to have 0 minutes where there cannot been scores submitted.

New week starts will never be at a fixed point cause there are a lot of influences.

I am very very happy that generally its within plusminus 2 hours.

I am strictly against setting a fixed deadline for there will be dead times then.

Best way to go fo me is as i try to do - post a warning 1-2 hours before new week is gonna start so players know when start is gonna happen.

As that has not happened that time i'd count the late scores.

Rod

8 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

You can count the later results (it's easy for me to agree, because no one beat me 😄).

As for future deadlines, I am open to different solutions, the most important thing is that as @ Rodman mentioned, warn the players exactly how much time is left and keep this deadline. And it would be good if the deadline didn't come too soon, because many people have more time to play on Saturday evening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikson said:

You can count the later results (it's easy for me to agree, because no one beat me 😄).

As for future deadlines, I am open to different solutions, the most important thing is that as @ Rodman mentioned, warn the players exactly how much time is left and keep this deadline. And it would be good if the deadline didn't come too soon, because many people have more time to play on Saturday evening.

Thanks for the input guys. I did post a warning but I think your point about people having more time to play on Saturday is very fair. So let's count the late scores this time and maybe agree to not cut off scores before 7 CET which seems like what @ diceslinger  was counting on.