Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 425

GeoAbraxas

2 hours ago, GeoAbraxas said:

Glad to see everyone enjoying the songs. My work has become...overwhelming, so it looks like I might not even get a chance to participate in my own week >.<

Interesting to see other people's takes on the difficulty as well. it's such a subjective process.

Just thought I'd add this to this post because in the past there were times I looked at the scores and thought "well I can't even potentially win this" and just didn't put the effort I should have done anyways. Below are the paths/difficulties that currently have no scores from players in that tier, if you're in that group you should definitely give the songs a playthrough:

Lead: Rising Power (I)

Rhythm: I am in Love With Myself (B)

Lots of other weeks there's way more than just two by this time of the championship.

Sorry to hear about your work being overwhelming, that's no fun especially at this time of year. Thanks for taking the time to set up the week for us.

I have to disagree with you slightly though on difficulty. There is subjectivity in the ratings, but they should always be compared to other weeks/ratings when possible so there is a consistent standard of what constitutes beg/int/adv/mc. Usually the crowdsourcing of scores and comments tells you where the difficulty sits. "New Orleans is Sinking" is a beginner or maybe low intermediate difficulty on bass and you can see this in the scores so far. I scored 100% rather easily on my sight read and I don't think I've ever done that with anything harder than a 5ish difficulty. Anyway, just some food for thought that may be for future reference. This is the risk of selecting your own songs that aren't on the SSL...no one else has tested them to provide input to the ratings. You can always ask one of us in the selections chat to test a song/path if you want a second opinion beforehand. I'm generally available for bass testing.

In any case it looks like Advanced bass will be a Score Attack tiebreaker this week which has its own sort of excitement. 

Don't mind a bit of Versailles.
wwynXrp.png
bqisESL.png

I bet you can get a mad streak on here.
WS0wlB7.png

oof
PZvE7lQ.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

I have to disagree with you slightly though on difficulty. There is subjectivity in the ratings, but they should always be compared to other weeks/ratings when possible so there is a consistent standard of what constitutes beg/int/adv/mc.

That is true, there needs to be a general sense of consistency, I found the bass in New Orleans in Sinking quite a bit harder than most here are saying which is a bit odd, maybe it was where I was at the time of testing or just a technique/genre thing? Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I can fit at least a bit more time in and play it a few times and see if I can see what everyone else seems to.

When I'm putting a week together I also want to throw in at least something that just directly appeals to me and maybe I missed the mark but I am happy that people seem to be enjoying it and a lot of people seem to not have heard the song/band before which is cool. I've had the song stuck in my head for going on 30 years, so at least it's also someone else's problem now too 😛

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

+, rhy

42645163fw.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

ftl

42645199kc.jpg

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

+, lead

42645275mt.jpg

• Like 1

way better

42645317vd.jpg

• Like 2