[LINUX -SOLVED] RS:Remastered CDLC on Steam Proton not working anymore

ngpilot

Question

Hey everyone,

Any Linux users out there? I had RS:Remastered running under Steam Proton with CDLC flawlessly for a year on Proton-5.9-GE. I stupidly updated this Proton bottle to Proton-6.21-GE and now none of my CDLC are showing up in game at all (Cherub still shows, so I have that).

I tried finding the cracked .dll that you need to drop in the main RS folder, but now it looks like there is an .exe users have to run? I found the old D3DX9_42.dll online and dropped this into the folder, but CDLC still isn't showing -- since this is Linux, could it be that I need to rename it without capital letters since Linux is case-sensitive? 

Not really sure what else to do.

[SOLVED]

I had to rename D3Dx9.dll to d3dx9.dll and add this to the drivers listed in the winecfg for RS.

Edited by ngpilot
problem solved

7 answers to this question

I have problems too. I can't get the CDLCs to show up. Where did you find the dll?  My problem may be something else too since I can't even get Cherub Rock to show up (It's in the dlc-folder though). I even reinstalled rocksmith but no dice.  Maybe if I switch from experimental to some other Proton version..

Did you only copy the .dll into the Rocksmith's root directory or did you have to put it under compatdata?

@ fingers

Another Linux user here.  Seems the patch exe doesn't work well under wine... at least on my box.  I was able to find the DLL via a link from the rules page at:

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/guidelines/

or, alternatively, Direct link to dll:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?usp=sharing

I Know I'm late to the game on this one but I can't seem to get CFSM up and running.  If anyone has any advice on downloading/using CDLC under Linux, You'd be my hero for sure! 

@ ngpilot

Any tips for CDLC use?

13 hours ago, G33k3RY said:

@ fingers

Another Linux user here.  Seems the patch exe doesn't work well under wine... at least on my box.  I was able to find the DLL via a link from the rules page at:

I Know I'm late to the game on this one but I can't seem to get CFSM up and running.  If anyone has any advice on downloading/using CDLC under Linux, You'd be my hero for sure! 

Thanks, that dll worked. I couldn't get Rocksmith (launched straight from Steam) to see any of the DLCs, not even Cherub Rock. I installed RS using Lutris and Cherub Rock showed up.. then I put the .dll in the wineprefixes windows/windows32 -directories, used winecfg to add d3dx9_42.dll into libraries, switched it to "native".. copied the downloaded CDLCs into the dlc -directory where the cherub rock was already.. and now everything works.

Anyone got even the official DLCs to work with RS launched straight from native Steam?

To be fair, I haven't played Rocksmith for quite a while now but yeah, the way you install cdlc support is done with the dll.
I didn't know they released an .exe installer for it… seems a bit useless.
If anyone is interested I made a tool to simplify installing executable files in steam / proton bubbles because doing it by hand is quite difficult.

Anyway, remember that proton 6 introduced major changes to the way it stores and manages wine bubbles, it's advised to remove game bubble located in compatdata and start fresh.
I don't remember having any issues with the game or dlc's but I'll probably refrain from upgrading.
(I remember tweaking something with the audio, probably setting up the Real Tone cable)
Btw, I used Proton 5.11-GE-3-MF.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:37 AM, fingers said:

Thanks, that dll worked. I couldn't get Rocksmith (launched straight from Steam) to see any of the DLCs, not even Cherub Rock. I installed RS using Lutris and Cherub Rock showed up.. then I put the .dll in the wineprefixes windows/windows32 -directories, used winecfg to add d3dx9_42.dll into libraries, switched it to "native".. copied the downloaded CDLCs into the dlc -directory where the cherub rock was already.. and now everything works.

Anyone got even the official DLCs to work with RS launched straight from native Steam?

I didn't see your earlier post re: Cherub not showing up, but it sounds like you got that fixed thanks to G33k3ry. I'm not sure why they released an .exe either - I guess to make it simpler for the masses to install CDLC, but you can't get much more simple than dropping a .dll in a folder...

The official DLCs work for me on Steam (my Proton version I'm running is in my first post, so it may be different for you). I'm able to purchase and install official DLC from Steam just as easily as if I was on Windows.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, G33k3RY said:

@ fingers

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/guidelines/

or, alternatively, Direct link to dll:

@ ngpilot

Any tips for CDLC use?

"I can't seem to get CFSM up and running" - do you mean this website here where you search for CDLC? 

The way I've always installed CDLC is by searching this site at top left ("Ignition 4 Search") and downloading the "song name"p.psarc file. I created a folder in my main Rocksmith directory called "CDLC" and I just drop the p.psarc file in there. As long as the .dll is in the main folder and you have Cherub rock in the DLC folder, it should appear. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 9:14 AM, ngpilot said:

"I can't seem to get CFSM up and running" - do you mean this website here where you search for CDLC? 

The way I've always installed CDLC is by searching this site at top left ("Ignition 4 Search") and downloading the "song name"p.psarc file. I created a folder in my main Rocksmith directory called "CDLC" and I just drop the p.psarc file in there. As long as the .dll is in the main folder and you have Cherub rock in the DLC folder, it should appear. 

I see that now.  Thank you!  By the looks of things, they've added tools for Windows and Mac users to simplify all the things.

I've got some playing to do to get the CDLC working as RS can see it just fine but I get the blank page with the speakers.  However, from what I can see that's because proton/wine/rocksmith isn't using the patched .dll.  Looks like I've got some playing to do.