Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 422

Mikson

2 hours ago, Anwyn said:

@ HamSalad The important numbers for your rank are the

1. Overall Accuracy
  2. Longest Streak
  3. the Score

in this order.

For a valid submission you need to post screenshots where we can see the accuracy and the streak too.

Am I allowed to resubmit? I can do it tonight after work if so

50 minutes ago, HamSalad said:

Am I allowed to resubmit? I can do it tonight after work if so

You can post your results as often as you like. It is no problem to post iterative improvements. Look how others do it, it is most entertaining if others can follow your development and you share  some of your thoughts about quality or difficulty of the song. I tend to post my first complete playthrough, my first Score-Attack and the best result at the end of the week (if time permitted me to improve on my first tries).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anwyn said:

You can post your results as often as you like. It is no problem to post iterative improvements. Look how others do it, it is most entertaining if others can follow your development and you share  some of your thoughts about quality or difficulty of the song. I tend to post my first complete playthrough, my first Score-Attack and the best result at the end of the week (if time permitted me to improve on my first tries).

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

+ lead

42494940kp.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

+ bass

42495062xb.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Seems like everybody loves in flames, maybe I should give them another try... My favorite band from this week is definitely Haken. Also google won't let me download the RHCP and Mary Chain songs. Is it just me, or did their policy change or something? Turns out I can't even make an account without giving them my phone number.

Anyways, it's a busy week for me so no sight reads. I'm probably going to just post the mc scores on Saturday, but here's the only competitive one I got so far:
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 3

Bass Beginner. Acid rain  4  like this one first attempt 

spacer.png

Second attempt improvement 

spacer.png

Beginner bonus great begginer song 3

spacer.png

Intermediate Bass no more than a 5. another great song though first attempt

spacer.png

And improvement 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Sorry, I am not competing this week. Those chords are still to difficult for me to play (the only chords I know are e and e-minor😅...and I can tell powerchords by name at this point...🙃).

Im not going to rush into this stuff...prefer to take my time learning properly.

Have a nice week🤗

11 hours ago, LacrimaLuna said:

Sorry, I am not competing this week. Those chords are still to difficult for me to play (the only chords I know are e and e-minor😅...and I can tell powerchords by name at this point...🙃).

Im not going to rush into this stuff...prefer to take my time learning properly.

Have a nice week🤗

Do you mean Lead or Rhythm beginner? Because it's really hard to find something easier than this week's Beginner Lead song, where most of the chart are simple power chords. In terms of Rhythm indeed, transitions between bar chords can be difficult for someone without practice. Still, I find you let it go too easily 🙂

Bass:

20211116224106-1.jpg

20211120000815-1.jpg

20211101232250-1.jpg

I have a bit of a problem with that. Get too many misses on this repetitive riff 😕

20211121233338-1.jpg

Good song from interesting progresive metal band.

20211021233316-1.jpg

Playing this is a crazy roller coaster ride. Great chart showing Tony Levin is a real bass monster. I recommend everyone to try it!

20211119234219-1.jpg

• Like 2

First tries this week:

A7X has really grown on me over the years:

Not a big IF fan, but this is solid and I will always be willing to play a chart from @ firekorn

I'm so close to mastering this one, no issues with the octaves but that 7-10 fret pinky stretch is not picking up consistently for me in RS:

Haken has some good stuff but it's just a bit above my level. Nonintuitive rhythms but overall not too bad for a first run:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mikson said:

Do you mean Lead or Rhythm beginner? Because it's really hard to find something easier than this week's Beginner Lead song, where most of the chart are simple power chords. In terms of Rhythm indeed, transitions between bar chords can be difficult for someone without practice. Still, I find you let it go too easily 🙂

Rocksmith also isn't overly concerned with how you play chords, from my experience anyways. If there's a charted D chord as long as you hit the open D string and the A on the G string it will normally be marked correctly and if you get a barre chord just hitting the power chord is normally enough, sometimes you might need to include the octave note in there too, but you can get around the more difficult chords/fingerings in this way. Sure, it's not perfect, you're technically messing up your technique to score better on a game, but we all take our own shortcuts when it comes to learning and playing instruments, and it's often better to just try to make a go at it and adjust what you need to make it work then wait for a time in the future when it will work perfectly. 

Works differently for everyone though, of course. I learn through mainly making a series of smaller and smaller mistakes, my brain does not let me start at level 1 and slowly increase difficulty, I always need to start where I have no idea what I'm doing and then figure it out from there. Helps in some ways, hurts in others, but it's how I've learned almost everything I know about anything. When I started actually trying to learn how to play bass I just listened to a few songs that had grooves I liked and I started working on them, they were all outside my skill level (Suspicious Minds by Elvis, I Want You Back by Jackson 5, Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel, and Maybe Tomorrow by The Stereophonics were the songs that I cut my teeth on) but after a few weeks I could handle them pretty well.

• Like 2

Rhythm Beginner  Happy when It Rains .2 if you can Barre 

Attempt 1,2,3

There is something definitely off with the timing on this song. It seems to start off strumming on the beat, and then switches to off beat some way through ??

• Like 2

Hello guys, after a long absence I finally got a new guitar and have time to participate again 😄

My only worry is meanwhile I moved to Germany which is very and I mean very strict on piracy, so are any of you guys from here and have any info whether it's okay to Download CDLC or not. 

Also I guess I should downrank to advanced this week? 

+, rhy

42509626oc.jpg

• Like 1

+ a bit

42509662hm.jpg

• Like 2