Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 421

GeoAbraxas

Opening runs at the epic Advanced and Masterclass offerings this week. 

First, intermediate...unfortunately this otherwise solid bass chart is somewhat ruined by going off sync the second half of the song. It's possible to play it correctly but it's off sync enough that it doesn't sound or feel right:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Sweet Leaf is relatively straightforward but Geezer makes up for it during the solo section:

And one of the all-time great prog epics from Maiden...tricky for me as I prefer to play chords with a pick but arpeggios/fast alternating strings with fingers. I stuck with a pick and it worked reasonably well:

I'm hoping to carve out time for Dopesmoker this week but we'll see. I'm fairly certain I can get my Sweet Leaf score up with practice.

• Like 4

Completely screwed the solos and clean bridge up.
Wonder if other ver has no solos on rhythm?
HFGM9kj.png

chords, oof.
9eK4kzG.png

I'll have to remember to try "the long boi" later

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

I've seen it mentioned a few times, so for anyone not overly familiar with playing bass power chords, the way Harris plucks them normally is to hold the index and middle fingers together and pluck down with them striking the strings with your fingernails. Depending on speed/song sometimes you can just sort of strum them and other times, for me at least, it's more like a flick than a strum. He also doesn't anchor his thumb so that also makes that technique easier compared to if you keep your thumb on the pickup or body of the bass since you can support the fingers with the thumb.

Obviously do what works best for you, but just throwing that out there if anyone wanted to try to do it the "proper" way.

This guy here also does a ton of bass playthroughs of IM songs and since the videos aren't edited by Steve Harris on a caffeine bender (nothing else explains any of their live videos since Rock in Rio, pretty sure he changes camera angles in beat with the music), you can actually see what's being played. - 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Rhythm Advanced got 67% forgot to press f12 i'm done .12

spacer.png

Rhythm Masterclass always got to have a go at maiden. half arsed it but better than expected. Phew!! 8

spacer.png

Seems daft but looking at the scores from these two songs they need switching .lol

• Like 2

I've been listening to Blue Cheer all week! I've had all their albums on shuffle nearly nonstop! Thanks for another great band I've never heard of! Here is my entry for this week in intermediate. I tried master mode too, I didn't clear it but it was still fun!!

20211117132338_1.thumb.jpg.3dced66af0fdeff5cb8214c5285a2c75.jpg

20211117133308_1.thumb.jpg.38ba66dcc3f0465d001f0b57a4abd004.jpg

Now its time to focus on "Dopesmoker"!!! Sleep is awesome!!! Here is my first attempt!!  I'm not sure how far I made it, Maybe 25minutes or so 🤷‍♂️

20211113184957_1.thumb.jpg.b83af0bca0c836aefa597d0b5b4f07f4.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, GeoAbraxas said:

I've seen it mentioned a few times, so for anyone not overly familiar with playing bass power chords, the way Harris plucks them normally is to hold the index and middle fingers together and pluck down with them striking the strings with your fingernails. Depending on speed/song sometimes you can just sort of strum them and other times, for me at least, it's more like a flick than a strum. He also doesn't anchor his thumb so that also makes that technique easier compared to if you keep your thumb on the pickup or body of the bass since you can support the fingers with the thumb.

Obviously do what works best for you, but just throwing that out there if anyone wanted to try to do it the "proper" way.

This guy here also does a ton of bass playthroughs of IM songs and since the videos aren't edited by Steve Harris on a caffeine bender (nothing else explains any of their live videos since Rock in Rio, pretty sure he changes camera angles in beat with the music), you can actually see what's being played. - 

It's a bit similar to clawhammer style banjo.

• Like 1

So finally got a chance to actually play the songs the tiniest bit.

Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues - So from what other people said, it's true that the timing is off. Originally I chalked the "off" feeling to it just being the first time I've played the song but definitely feels like there's no time/beat changes in the chart.

8RFATKL.jpg

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son - I haven't played much Iron Maiden on bass in some time but I can definitely do better than this, just not in the timeframe of a week. My gallop muscles aren't where they used to be at all (I try to stick to I-I-M when doing gallops, once you get used to it it feels much better than I-M-I, but definitely took me awhile to get the groove down completely).

TOWeNFk.jpg

• Like 2

Hi hi ! I'm not a 420 user, so its a bit akward to play these songs 🙂

Beginner :

Beginner bonus :

Intermediate :

Advanced - Missed the first try, kinda surprisingly hard at some point :

Masterclass :