Some DLC has been removed?

Spooky Streetlight

Question

Don't know if this is old news, but I know it's happened at least relatively recently. Some old songs from the original Rocksmith are no longer purchasable. The ones that stuck out to me are Freebird, Tighten Up, and Bodysnatchers. I have no idea what's going on, but I have to wonder if some copyrights have expired since the game is 10 this year.

It's a shame, I was hoping more 2011 Rocksmith dlc would go on sale, but no luck...

5 answers to this question

On 11/14/2021 at 6:10 AM, jf998247 said:

I actually came here to post the same thing. I presume somebody has already posted the link to the Ubisoft official statement about how they're slowly phasing all of the 2011 content out of the store ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111873/rocksmith-2011-dlc-delisting?lang=en-US ).

1) For Ubisoft to take them off the store means their license to sell them expired on that date. For them to not transfer it over to the 2015 store means they don't want to pay for a new license. They are abandoning it from a legal sense.

2) Shouldn't that make all of these titles fair game for CDLC? There's no place to legally buy them effective that date, right?

I think I'll put in a request for Freebird.

bought Freebird for the Playstaion version but since I transferred everything to my PS5,

Rocksmith just became unplayable (less fun) because of  the lag 

and I just found there is no Freebird on Steam version 😕

I actually came here to post the same thing. I presume somebody has already posted the link to the Ubisoft official statement about how they're slowly phasing all of the 2011 content out of the store ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111873/rocksmith-2011-dlc-delisting?lang=en-US ).

1) For Ubisoft to take them off the store means their license to sell them expired on that date. For them to not transfer it over to the 2015 store means they don't want to pay for a new license. They are abandoning it from a legal sense.

2) Shouldn't that make all of these titles fair game for CDLC? There's no place to legally buy them effective that date, right?

I think I'll put in a request for Freebird.

Actually, never mind. According to staff member coldrampage those tracks are gone forever. Apparently CF (despite not saying so in the FAQ or the Guidelines) actually refuses to touch any song that's ever touched Ubi's hands, even if the license is dead.

No explanation was provided and I got the distinct feeling this was either a very old fight I'd wandered into as a newbie, or I'd asked a patently foolish question. Maybe Freebird is a lame stupid thing to ask for around here? I dunno, but I literally got laughed at. Maybe admins should get their finger out and put it in the FAQ?............. but again, I don't get the sensation there's a lot of fresh faces asking questions around here since 2015.

Final answer: RS11 tracks are gone forever, don't ask anymore, literally nobody cares.

Edited by jf998247
update per request thread comments

On 11/14/2021 at 5:10 AM, jf998247 said:

Actually, never mind. According to staff member coldrampage those tracks are gone forever. Apparently CF (despite not saying so in the FAQ or the Guidelines) actually refuses to touch any song that's ever touched Ubi's hands, even if the license is dead.

No explanation was provided and I got the distinct feeling this was either a very old fight I'd wandered into as a newbie, or I'd asked a patently foolish question. Maybe Freebird is a lame stupid thing to ask for around here? I dunno, but I literally got laughed at. Maybe admins should get their finger out and put it in the FAQ?............. but again, I don't get the sensation there's a lot of fresh faces asking questions around here since 2015.

Final answer: RS11 tracks are gone forever, don't ask anymore, literally nobody cares.

Sorry for the lack of explanation, this is a fairly new issue so the guidelines/FAQ have not yet been updated as are still not 100% sure on the decision. It may change at a later date once RS+ launches but for now this is what we have come up with as it is in line with our decision on other songs that did not get renewed licenses.

CDLC has always existed in a legal grey area and the decision to disallow customs of official content was made to give Ubisoft as little incentive as possible to take any legal action against CustomsForge. As a creator I would love the freedom to re-chart some of these dlc songs as it would allow for some more full album charts by some great artists but we are erring on the side of caution with this.

CF Admin here.

It is the same as has always been the case since day one of CustomsForge with content that was licensed but not purchasable due to the licenses expiring or not being renewed - eg - the Eric Clapton / Cream content from RS1 days.

CF will not permit the content on the site.

If a user chose not to buy it while it was available for 10 years, that is on them.

While we don't know exactly what the RS+ catalogue will look like, this policy is not changing. It might get reviewed once we have RS+ as a product to use. It might not.

Quote from ZagatoZee
https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/qqhtzr/the_ethics_of_nowdelisted_content_and_cdlc/

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 11/13/2021 at 9:10 PM, jf998247 said:

It says it twice in the guidelines.  Do not post official Rocksmith 1 and Rocksmith 2014 official content,  included songs, and official dlc.