I'd like to use my DAW to record when I play RS

Banjoclan

Hi,

So, I'd like to use my DAW (mixcraft 9) to record myself playing tracks. I was able to do this once, but when I tried it later, it didn't work. Both in LAS and SA, the game just stops and brings me to the end screen. The first time (when I was able to do it) there was no sound in the game, but it gave me the notes to play and I could record it into my DAW, but now it won't do that.

Please note, I'm not interested in using game capture type programs. That's not what I'm after here. Rather trying to use RS to merely record myself playing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

22 hours ago, Banjoclan said:

Hi,

So, I'd like to use my DAW (mixcraft 9) to record myself playing tracks. I was able to do this once, but when I tried it later, it didn't work. Both in LAS and SA, the game just stops and brings me to the end screen. The first time (when I was able to do it) there was no sound in the game, but it gave me the notes to play and I could record it into my DAW, but now it won't do that.

Please note, I'm not interested in using game capture type programs. That's not what I'm after here. Rather trying to use RS to merely record myself playing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hold pause after the tuning screen ends and you can buffer a frame perfect pause input. Release it as soon as the menu appears to stop it unpausing and the game will continue to play whilst paused. You can then maximize programs (Mixcraft) over the window or click out of it and it will still scroll through the song without audio. Note that once you click on the rocksmith window again to bring focus back it will resume back from where the audio stopped playing.

Or

If you turn off exclusive mode for the RTC, play RS in unplugged mode (doesn't detect RTC anymore with exclusivity off?, maybe can be fixed with an ini setting?) and start recording before you start the song so it doesn't end instantly. You can then get the raw DI from the cable to record or use tones from your DAW.

I'm sure there has to be a better way than these methods though, right? Maybe using one of the OBS AISO plugins to record DI (with exclusivity still on?) and then you can convert it to audio and stick in in your DAW.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Idk if it will help but there is a setting in RSMods where if you tick the relevant checkbox in it, it makes the game not pause the current song anymore if the RS2014 window gets out of focus (other window maximized, clicking on a secondary monitor, etc) but it's only if the focus is lost during (from my memory) the first 5 seconds since the song started or since you have unpaused the song. So you can start the song and because there are usually a few seconds of leading silence you can alt-tab instantly to your DAW gui without pausing the song in RS, press record or whatever, and go back to RS (or not) as it's still playing.

• Like 1