Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 419

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

just had to kill this song

42364190gf.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Start this week:

Sorry @ Rodman that playing my suggestion must have been painful for you 😅 Yes maybe this is a bit more intermediate level, technically probably yes, but due to the slow tempo I thought beginners could handle it.

20210830192249-1.jpg

20211031214335-1.jpg

Nice song from a band I didn't know.

20211031211534-1.jpg

This is a good song for sure, but a little bit uninteresting to play on guitar (we play simple chords for a long time and then solo).

20210920204047-1.jpg

And this, unfortunately, is not fun to play for me ... (on guitar, probably better on bass).

20211031212124-1.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mikson said:

Start this week:

1)Sorry @ Rodman that playing my suggestion must have been painful for you 😅 Yes maybe this is a bit more intermediate level, technically probably yes, but due to the slow tempo I thought beginners could...

2)And this, unfortunately, is not fun to play for me ... (on guitar, probably better on bass).

20211031212124-1.jpg

1) All is good. Beginners can have a real hard one from time to time! I think it's more 4 than 3 because true beginner level will have moreless only standard open and power chordshaped chords. I struggled a lot as you saw 😉

2) Oh boy. Its a bad band. 😄 That is why it is a pain to listen and play. I had to laugh out loud when playing that. I generally love music and there are maybe 3 bands overall i cannot stand. Hit between the eyes here. Not fish not meat. Happy that i made sure i will never have to play the bass again. Brrrr.

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@ Rodman I'm sorry to hear that you don't like Incubus, but everyone has different taste, that's cool. To call them a "bad band" though...I mean objectively speaking they are one of the most interesting and technically diverse/proficient bands of their time. Like Soundgarden they experimented a lot and used unexpected sounds but still had mainstream success. The quality of their releases after Light Grenades (2006) is more spotty but everything late 90s/early 2000s is top notch. When I think of objectively "bad" bands I think of, say, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy, or Imagine Dragons. 

/rant 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

When I think of objectively "bad" bands I think of, say, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy, or Imagine Dragons.  

Just to throw a molotov out there, Nickelback > Incubus (not knocking anyone that likes Incubus but I've not heard a single song by them I've liked and there's like 3 Nickelback songs I like, but since I'm in Canada I also heard the band before they became wildly famous and started writing the same song over and over).

I'm hoping to get some scores in this week. Last week my family came down with some sort of death plague (was worried it was covid, it still won't actually go away and I could barely move, but it's not) and I couldn't pick up a guitar let alone play one and this week I took vacation for home renovations which with being so sick last week is taking much more time than it should since I didn't get to prep anything. 

@ GeoAbraxas  Yeah, I'm not talking about personal preference - obviously millions of people like bands that the ones I mentioned that I find incredibly generic and "bad". And to be fair to Nickelback, I don't think I listened to any of their early stuff so maybe I'm missing something. But to call Incubus "bad" just rubs me the wrong way as they were/are innovators who will be remembered 20 years from now as they have and will have inspired many musicians that came after them. I'm a bit of a popular music history buff and there are many bands who were incredibly creative and influential but whose music I don't necessarily enjoy listening to (eg, The Pixies). I wouldn't insult them or talk about how terrible they are.

• Like 1

More importantly, @ Rodman  and I believe @ ShankD  you have played the wrong version of "Dig" on bass. Both versions use the same album art and are the same length but the one linked in the OP under the "bass" section (not lead or rhythm) is more challenging and has more notes. I confirmed this when @ Rodman  recorded his 100% with 588 notes - the correct version has 665 notes and I doubt anyone will be recording a 100% on it. It's easy to differentiate the two versions as the correct one is bass only.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:14 PM, jellisjenius said:

@ Rodman I'm sorry to hear that you don't like Incubus, but everyone has different taste, that's cool. To call them a "bad band" though...I mean objectively speaking they are one of the most interesting and technically diverse/proficient bands of their time. Like Soundgarden they experimented a lot and used unexpected sounds but still had mainstream success. The quality of their releases after Light Grenades (2006) is more spotty but everything late 90s/early 2000s is top notch. When I think of objectively "bad" bands I think of, say, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy, or Imagine Dragons. 

/rant 

Yay - replying works again - didn´t work yesterday the whole (european) afternoon.

@ jellisjenius - i cannot believe you made me listen to Incubus, but you did - for a good hour yesterday... oh man they just pull my nerves so badly... only like Simply Red mangages the same way. Subjectively so damn bad for me 😄 ... I think the only objective bad bands would be bands that play and/or sing badly and that will lead us to certain punkbands... and listening to some of those ... not bad at all for me.

Nickelback - "How You Remind Me" np. Yeah... not exactly heroes there, but the huge difference for me is that while miserably failing in performing real Rock and being they manage to do quite well in mainstream (random commercial radiostations) - and there they even stand out from all the painfull unjazz played there, meaning i will find myself singing along to "Rockstar" or alike... i think that´s a KidRock, Creed, Avril Lavign like situation (all 3 bands slightly better than Nickelback for me though). I have no bussiness with FallOutBoy, so as they are just not present they cannot please or annoy me. ID - oh... i have seen a liveshow of those guys and that was absolutely not bad, i think they might have made my top 5 of that 4day festival then.. And if i wouldn´t have seen that - still - a mainstream band with very unique style, quite innovative songwriting and a huge sing-along factor. unannoying. Not so Incubus! They just pull my trigger 🤣 i cannot stand that voice, and every song comes so damn wannabe for me. "Are you in" np... phhhh i am not!

I made that bad band statement because i think it´s great to discuss different likings. And it´s great everyone likes different bands, and also hates bands that i might like a lot. From a philosophical pov: I think my kids wouldn´t love metal that much if my wife wouldn´t tell them to shut that off... Slayer wouldn´t be what it is if it was played in elevators (though that would be amazing)

WHAT!!!! No - not!!!! please please allow that version on bass, i don´t wanna go back to the island😄

Rock, Rod!

• Like 1

Interesting discussion going on here. I stand with @ Rodman , purely on the basis of him not liking Simply Red. 😀

I did play some stuff this week (I should be tracking guitar for a song of my band...) and noticed I can not sight-read anymore, even with stuff that is mainly cords like this, I get thrown out whenever a lick comes up.

u3neE4Zl.jpg

CTfJDZTl.jpg

Next one is slightly above my speed limit (again the licks):

Z4ivNSSl.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Yay - replying works again - didn´t work yesterday the whole (european) afternoon.

@ jellisjenius - i cannot believe you made me listen to Incubus, but you did - for a good hour yesterday... oh man they just pull my nerves so badly... only like Simply Red mangages the same way. Subjectively so damn bad for me 😄 ... I think the only objective bad bands would be bands that play and/or sing badly and that will lead us to certain punkbands... and listening to some of those ... not bad at all for me.

Nickelback - "How You Remind Me" np. Yeah... not exactly heroes there, but the huge difference for me is that while miserably failing in performing real Rock and being they manage to do quite well in mainstream (random commercial radiostations) - and there they even stand out from all the painfull unjazz played there, meaning i will find myself singing along to "Rockstar" or alike... i think that´s a KidRock, Creed, Avril Lavign like situation (all 3 bands slightly better than Nickelback for me though). I have no bussiness with FallOutBoy, so as they are just not present they cannot please or annoy me. ID - oh... i have seen a liveshow of those guys and that was absolutely not bad, i think they might have made my top 5 of that 4day festival then.. And if i wouldn´t have seen that - still - a mainstream band with very unique style, quite innovative songwriting and a huge sing-along factor. unannoying. Not so Incubus! They just pull my trigger 🤣 i cannot stand that voice, and every song comes so damn wannabe for me. "Are you in" np... phhhh i am not!

I made that bad band statement because i think it´s great to discuss different likings. And it´s great everyone likes different bands, and also hates bands that i might like a lot. From a philosophical pov: I think my kids wouldn´t love metal that much if my wife wouldn´t tell them to shut that off... Slayer wouldn´t be what it is if it was played in elevators (though that would be amazing)

WHAT!!!! No - not!!!! please please allow that version on bass, i don´t wanna go back to the island😄

I definitely get that if you can't stand a band's vocals it's hard to enjoy the music. I feel this way about Bob Dylan, a lot of the death metal growling, some punk bands, etc. As an American and native English speaker I can assure you that Incubus are not wannabe/pretentious though, in fact their lyrics are generally very vulnerable and honest. "Dig" as an example is a lovely song about the reality that in close relationships (good friends, family, etc.) we humans are often terrible to each other and drive each other crazy, but it's worth the effort to forgive and work through those issues. This is about as unpretentious as you can get:

"So when sickness turns my ego up
I know you'll act as a clever medicine
If I turn into another [person]
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me"

As for counting your bass chart, I mean it's not really fair to let you record a 100% on an easier version of the song, especially when I put in a note in both the OP and my follow-up post to use the correct version.

5 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

I definitely get that if you can't stand a band's vocals it's hard to enjoy the music. I feel this way about Bob Dylan, a lot of the death metal growling, some punk bands, etc. As an American and native English speaker I can assure you that Incubus are not wannabe/pretentious though, in fact their lyrics are generally very vulnerable and honest. "Dig" as an example is a lovely song about the reality that in close relationships (good friends, family, etc.) we humans are often terrible to each other and drive each other crazy, but it's worth the effort to forgive and work through those issues. This is about as unpretentious as you can get:

"So when sickness turns my ego up
I know you'll act as a clever medicine
If I turn into another [person]
Dig me up from under what is covering
The better part of me"

As for counting your bass chart, I mean it's not really fair to let you record a 100% on an easier version of the song, especially when I put in a note in both the OP and my follow-up post to use the correct version.

Ow... i feel everything i say will insult you a bit cause you seem to be really into that band. I respect that a lot and do not wanna insult you so i am only gonna add: the lyrics are well ok, "wannabe" was not about the lyrics.

The fun thing is i am often critisiced for just liking about almost any music/band out there.... absolute classic that when i finally throw a stone it comes right back. I shall do that again!

For the bass score... sigh. Of course you are right and thats a pain. Sigh.

8 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

More importantly, @ Rodman  and I believe @ ShankD  you have played the wrong version of "Dig" on bass. Both versions use the same album art and are the same length but the one linked in the OP under the "bass" section (not lead or rhythm) is more challenging and has more notes. I confirmed this when @ Rodman  recorded his 100% with 588 notes - the correct version has 665 notes and I doubt anyone will be recording a 100% on it. It's easy to differentiate the two versions as the correct one is bass only.

The version I have only has a bass arrangement, no DD, says version 1.02

18 hours ago, Rodman said:

Ow... i feel everything i say will insult you a bit cause you seem to be really into that band. I respect that a lot and do not wanna insult you so i am only gonna add: the lyrics are well ok, "wannabe" was not about the lyrics.

The fun thing is i am often critisiced for just liking about almost any music/band out there.... absolute classic that when i finally throw a stone it comes right back. I shall do that again!

For the bass score... sigh. Of course you are right and thats a pain. Sigh.

The funny thing is Incubus is not even one of my favorite bands, and I assure you I am not personally insulted by any of what you wrote about them. I just think there is no reasonable basis for calling them a “bad” band or insulting them the way you have done now in 3-4 separate posts. I have spent a lot of time in SoCal - the music scene from which they emerged - and have a good deal of familiarity/expertise on popular music history, especially during this time frame. I assure you they are well respected and have earned that respect.

Anyway I’m not trying to convince you to like them, just to maybe respect them. I wouldn’t have said anything except that you insulted them unprovoked in 3 consecutive posts. If you don’t want to listen to me maybe listen to Rick Beato or others on their legacy as a band:

https://www.houstonpress.com/music/incubus-still-has-it-after-all-these-years-9655802

21 hours ago, kayteck said:

surprised nobody asked about it yet...

Incubus - Dig, rhythm path...

how the hell should we play this....

O5uNF2B.jpg

any hints?

my fingers are not so stretchy 😉

I think there are two like this throughout the song...

It's just a charter mistake I think. There should still be an E chord, but at this point someone wrote 21 instead of 1 to the G string on the 1st fret and it came out quite funny. I don't see any other explanation 🙂