Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 418

Mikson

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 418 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner: Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit (3) my choice (Eb Std)

Intermediate: Iron Maiden - Senjutsu (5.5) my choice

Advanced: Powerglowe - Tetris (7) chosen by @ LacrimaLuna (Eb Std)

Masterclass: Megadeth - Rust in Peace (8) chosen by @ Rodman & @ nlbsmglsk

God of Guitar: Galneryus - Angel of Salvation (9.5) - week 1/2 - chosen by @ greven98 (Eb Std)  - Attention: 14 minuts long version!!!

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  Powerglowe - Tetris (3) (Eb Std)

Intermediate:  Iron Maiden - Senjutsu (5.5)

Advanced: Iron Maiden - Senjutsu (5.5)

Masterclass:  Megadeth - Rust in Peace (8)

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Powerglowe - Tetris (3) (Eb Std)

Beginner bonus: Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit (3) (Eb Std)

Intermediate: Iron Maiden - Senjutsu (5.5)

Advanced:  Megadeth - Rust in Peace (7)

Masterclass: Galneryus - Angel of Salvation (8) (Eb Std) - Attention: 7 minutes version (other link than to lead)

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 4

This week's selection was a bit hard for me, I had too little time and the CDLC I wanted to use turned out to be bugged so I had to change the concept. The Iron Maiden song is a slightly easier Advanced class, but the Intermediate players can handle it. It's more difficult in a few parts, but overall quite easy by this band standards.  And this is good song from new album!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Championship is becoming my saturday night ritual before bed 😂 dont rly particiapte other than that 

Sight reads:

I probably didnt listen to this band for over 10 years but i can recite the whole album word for word, this is my entire childhood lol

wLKiTo3.jpg

who listened to this song and said "yeah this should be 8:30 minutes long"?

cvBUsFc.jpg

so fun, will play this again 100%

93ef3iJ.jpg

Decided to skip lead cuz megadeth but this still kicked my ass

ThPaEY6.jpg

Great picks@ Mikson Thank you

Have a great week everybody!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Finally, I can leave that Death solo behind me. I'd rather listen to baby shark on a loop for a week than play it again.
Anyway, this week looks a lot more fun. Here are my guitar sight reads:
Lead:
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I have played this before, years ago. It's really fun.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I have also played this before, but it wasn't this CLDC. I even remember trying to play this long before rocksmith was released. I'll be aiming for 100% on both guitar parts.

Rhythm:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

GOG:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Not my best playing, but my fingers still tired from last week and I'm celebrating not having to play that Death solo ever again with beer, so it's expected. I really like this one, the solos have melody and make sense, to me at least. I think it's gonna be fun leveling this up.

All things considered, the championship makes me play a lot more than I would have otherwise. I haven't worked on my playing this hard in years, the competition is really motivating. So, to everyone involved in this, I'd like to say thank you.

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

What a great week, @ Mikson !!!

Thx m8

• Thanks 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
7 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Finally, I can leave that Death solo behind me. I'd rather listen to baby shark on a loop for a week than play it again.

All things considered, the championship makes me play a lot more than I would have otherwise. I haven't worked on my playing this hard in years, the competition is really motivating. So, to everyone involved in this, I'd like to say thank you.

I just had to leave that first quote cause it carries so much nice emotions, love it 😄

But the reason for that 🏤 is 2. That applies heavily to most of us who constantly participate and was the absolute motor for me to keep pushing and to invent the 10week leaderboard and xp level to keep players motivated and show ones progress.

JOIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, CAUSE THE CHAMPIONSHIP IS GOOD FOR YOU!

• Like 6

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

...so im breaking my habit of lead-phobia😆

Powerchords was the only thing I could do so far, and I still have some difficulties switching strings so fast, but I am working on it.

Breaking the habit is a nice pick to practice.

96435dcf7b_album.jpg

c4d735dc2d_album.jpg

Playing this Tetris version is so entertaining...just want to hop out of my chair and dance to this💃

aee935cfdd_album.jpg

f6930bc6bc_album.jpg

I think I can get better results with some more practice.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LacrimaLuna said:

I just cant get used to play Bass without a pick. I tried to use my thumb to slapp but it sounds awful😅

Oh, I can't slap. Two fingers only, with anchoring on the pickup and resting on the lower string. The simpler the technique the easier it is to avoid learning it wrong I find. Then it's just a matter of building up speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Oh, I can't slap. Two fingers only, with anchoring on the pickup and resting on the lower string. The simpler the technique the easier it is to avoid learning it wrong I find. Then it's just a matter of building up speed.

Nearly eight minutes of only using two fingers to play the Angel of Salvation bass part - that's impressive!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hyphema said:

Nearly eight minutes of only using two fingers to play the Angel of Salvation bass part - that's impressive!

It's hard to keep up the speed in the fast parts, but luckily rs does not care if you stray from the tempo a bit. Certainly seems easier than playing slap, at least to me.

Straight 16th notes of pain.
It'd be much easier with a pick but that's cheating.
CnsETWq.png

Noice.
LgM24uc.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

@ LacrimaLuna

A good way to speed up transition time is to play slow, and just concentrate on quick transition's 

When people play slow they tend to move between chords and notes slow , that then also happens when you speed up and play fast . So always no matter what speed your playing.  Make those transition fast . As always a metronome. Will help 

• Thanks 1

Time for scores:

Pretty repeatable chart, but great for practice, I think.

20211023204308-1.jpg

20211014202150-1.jpg

This is really fun, and also good for practice soloing.

20210929193418-1.jpg

20211024133544-1.jpg

GoG - my fingers got tired too quickly so it was hard to follow the notes. 80% is not a tragedy 😉

20211023143510-1.jpg

• Like 3

We're able to post other categories if we're not competing in them for funsies, right? e.g. I'm fairly sure I'm in Masterclass but i can't go past playing Megadeth on bass 🙂 

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟