Kind of want to learn keyboard, looking at synthesia, is there a customforge like place for it?

alidan

I have a few reasons to get a midi keyboard, from just playing it for fun and learning it, to a midi hotkey tool for my computer. synthesia seems like it would be fun to play, 150 songs included would probably get me by for several months before I crave variety, however importing any midi song... while it sounds good up front, without retooling or simplification just sounds like a recipe for frustration, so im wondering if there is a database like customforge for that game as well?

Edited by alidan
spelling

• alidan changed the title to Kind of want to learn keyboard, looking at synthesia, is there a customforge like place for it?
10 hours ago, alidan said:

however importing any midi song... while it sounds good up front, without retooling or simplification just sounds like a recipe for frustration, so im wondering if there is a database like customforge for that game as well?

I can't seem to find one, looks like it runs of standard midi files so I guess there's no need for one.

I'd download some solo piano arranges off musescore (which unfortunately seems to the the most popular type on there) and use them, since they're already optimized for piano and split by track into left/right hand. Should work right off the bat.

They locked downloads behind a paywall a while ago but you can use this to still download midis: https://github.com/Xmader/musescore-downloader

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

7 hours ago, coldrampage said:

I can't seem to find one, looks like it runs of standard midi files so I guess there's no need for one.

I'd download some solo piano arranges off musescore (which unfortunately seems to the the most popular type on there) and use them, since they're already optimized for piano and split by track into left/right hand. Should work right off the bat.

They locked downloads behind a paywall a while ago but you can use this to still download midis: https://github.com/Xmader/musescore-downloader

thank you, exactly what i was looking for, had no idea that site existed, and with the downloader it gives me exactly what I want. its also just as weeby as I could hope for but sadly not as old as I would like, they have shield hero and bleach songs, but looking up area 88 or zombies ate my neighbors brings up nothing, now all thats left is to find a good 88 key keyboard so I can 'play' everything, well... meander my way though effing up till I somehow gain the skill is probably more accurate to say, but the end point is the same, trying to have fun while gaining a skill. 

• Like 1