Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 415

I really like the idea of a themed week and especially of posting some info on the chosen songs. Sadly, I'm not a fan of any of these bands.
Anyway, here's my scores so far:
Lead:
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Rhythm:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Bass:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

@ coldrampage Last week I won bass by posting in the last minute, and it felt kinda cheat-y. So this time consider yourself warned. I'll be posting a better score, tomorrow probably.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SpankNass said:

Yeah Shocking Right? LOL  My actual RS cable would do that to my forearm as well. But only on my battery assisted Ibanez bass and not my Fender bass. Haven't really noticed since I dropped the cable and got the Focusrite set up.

Funny, reminds me of this:

@ Anitomer If you want online troubleshooting from people on the internet you need to provide more info, like:
1. Have you looked at the pins of the usb plug of the cable? I once had an usb-thingy where in the plug itself the plastic broke off and the pins got bent. It fried the usb port.
2. Have you tried different usb ports on your computer?
3. Did you change the place where you plug in your computer into the wall recently? Is the electrical outlet grounded properly?
4. SpankNass says that this only happened when he/she was using a battery powered guitar. Are your pickups active or passive? If active, does removing the battery from the guitar stop the shocking?
5. When plugged into an amp, do you get a lot of noise/buzz when not playing? Or maybe when touching the bridge, or the pots, or anything metal on the guitar? If so, it might suggest a grounding issue in the guitar itself.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an electrical engineer nor a guitar tech.  I do not know anything about anything. Still, it's a interesting problem (the MOST electric guitar), so pls let me know if you find the cause of this.

I'm glad folks are enjoying the week. Sorry @ Rodman for not getting the leaderboard tab set up in time...and thanks to whoever did set it up for me. It's been a crazy week for me at work. 

Anyway, the 90s were my high school and college years and the first time I really expanded my musical horizons. So all these bands and albums have a unique place in my history.

My first tries this week:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I still need to get fresh runs on Cast No Shadow and Easily as I didn't save screenshots during my testing.

• Like 2

@ nlbsmglsk  , @ SpankNass and whoever else got emotionally involved in this and needs closure😂

I am pretty sure Its an outlet problem, the computer was plugged into that outlet and I think that what made the guitar/cable zap me. I know this because I have a volume thingy (where u twist it to raise the volume but it is seperate from the speakers themselves) and it also zapped me. I need to get an extension cable to test this theory I have just been busy (lazy) with the move and school stuff, hopefully plugging it to another outlet will solve this so i will be able to post more in next week's thread. Thanks for everyone who tried to help! I will try to update for all those who are interested

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anitomer said:

@ nlbsmglsk  , @ SpankNass and whoever else got emotionally involved in this and needs closure😂

I am pretty sure Its an outlet problem, the computer was plugged into that outlet and I think that what made the guitar/cable zap me. I know this because I have a volume thingy (where u twist it to raise the volume but it is seperate from the speakers themselves) and it also zapped me. I need to get an extension cable to test this theory I have just been busy (lazy) with the move and school stuff, hopefully plugging it to another outlet will solve this so i will be able to post more in next week's thread. Thanks for everyone who tried to help! I will try to update for all those who are interested

I try not to offer unsolicited advice, but this sounds dangerous.  It sounds like you might have power coming back through your ground in the outlet or something.  You can get a receptacle tester (something like this https://www.amazon.com/Receptacle-Tester-Klein-Tools-RT210/dp/B01AKX8L0M/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B01AKX8L0M&psc=1) for about 10 dollars.  Obviously get it for your outlet/power configuration, this one is for US outlets.  I've done a bit of household wiring and these sort of tester devices have saved me a few times.  

• Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

On 10/5/2021 at 6:51 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

Funny, reminds me of this:

@ Anitomer If you want online troubleshooting from people on the internet you need to provide more info, like:
1. Have you looked at the pins of the usb plug of the cable? I once had an usb-thingy where in the plug itself the plastic broke off and the pins got bent. It fried the usb port.
2. Have you tried different usb ports on your computer?
3. Did you change the place where you plug in your computer into the wall recently? Is the electrical outlet grounded properly?
4. SpankNass says that this only happened when he/she was using a battery powered guitar. Are your pickups active or passive? If active, does removing the battery from the guitar stop the shocking?
5. When plugged into an amp, do you get a lot of noise/buzz when not playing? Or maybe when touching the bridge, or the pots, or anything metal on the guitar? If so, it might suggest a grounding issue in the guitar itself.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an electrical engineer nor a guitar tech.  I do not know anything about anything. Still, it's a interesting problem (the MOST electric guitar), so pls let me know if you find the cause of this.

Ok that video was Funny then boring LOL! 

The shocking I felt was more like a 9v battery when I rested my forearm across the strings. Not a 110v or more he heeee!! Ever test a little battery with your tongue ( if you haven't try it someday, LOL its shocking!) ? That kinda shocking feeling. No weird noise's while playing it, or not playing, just in case anyone would ask... Cable worked fine. 

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 10/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, jellisjenius said:

This week's theme is 90's deep cuts, more specifically several fantastic but lesser known tracks off some of the most celebrated albums of the 1990s. For those interested, here is a little tour through the albums in chronological order:

1991 - Ten is the debut studio album by American rock band Pearl Jam. Many of the songs on Ten were instrumental jams or reworked Mother Love Bone - former band of bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Stone Gossard - songs for which vocalist/front man Eddie Vedder composed new melodies and lyrics. Despite its reputation as a quintessential grunge record, Ten is often noted for displaying a stronger classic rock influence than other contemporary grunge releases. Ten was not an immediate success, but by late 1992 it had reached number two on the Billboard 200. Beyond its role in consolidating the mainstream success of grunge rock in the early 1990s, Ten is generally considered to have been instrumental in the rise and dominance of alternative rock throughout the decade. The album has since been ranked by several publications as one of the greatest albums of all time. By February 2013, it had sold 13 million copies in the US, becoming the 22nd record to do so in the Nielsen SoundScan era and has been certified 13× Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). "Porch" is the eighth track on the album and one of it's lesser-known songs behind "Evenflow", "Alive", "Black", and "Jeremy", but it's a raw, emotional, hard-hitting, and unpredictable song, and the only one on the album written solely by Vedder. 

1992 - Rage Against the Machine is the debut studio album by American rock band Rage Against the Machine. Rage Against the Machine was a critical success upon release with several critics noting the album's politically motivated agenda as well as Zack de la Rocha's strong vocal delivery. Rated number 24 on the Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time", the album peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard Heatseekers chart and number 45 on the US Billboard 200 and has gone on to achieve triple platinum sales certification in the US. "Fistful of Steel" is the 8th track on the album and like all other songs on the album, it's success is dwarfed by that of "Killing in the Name"...but also that of more modest hits "Bombtrack", "Know Your Enemy", and "Wake Up." It's no less incendiary or kickass, with Tom Morello's wizardry and Timmy C's aggressive bass licks. Be warned - you will need 24+ frets to play this properly on lead.

1993Siamese Dream  is the second studio album by American alternative rock band the Smashing Pumpkins. The album has received widespread acclaim by audiences and critics alike, with the album's musical influences and lyrical material standing out compared to other alternative records released during its time. The album has since been considered "one of the finest alt-rock albums of all time". Despite recording sessions fraught with difficulties and tensions, Siamese Dream debuted at number ten on the Billboard charts, and eventually was certified 4x Platinum, with the album selling over six million copies worldwide, cementing the Smashing Pumpkins as an important group in alternative rock music. "Mayonaise" is the 9th track on the album and is not exactly unknown - it's one of the most stunningly beautiful songs to be released in the decade and is hard to overlook - but is overshadowed by the three enormously successful hits "Cherub Rock", "Today", and "Disarm" that precede it. "Mayonaise" is one of two songs on the album for which guitarist James Iha has co-writing credits with Billy Corgan. The other is "Soma", which is also a beautiful track.

1995(What's the Story) Morning Glory? is the second studio album by English rock band Oasis. The record propelled Oasis from being a crossover indie act to a worldwide rock phenomenon, and is seen by critics as a significant record in the timeline of British indie music. Morning Glory sold a record-breaking 345,000 copies in its first week in the UK, spent 10 weeks at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It was also the band's breakthrough in America, reaching number four on the US Billboard 200 and being certified 4× platinum there. Although a commercial success, the record initially received lukewarm reviews from mainstream critics; many reviewers deemed it inferior to Definitely Maybe, with the songwriting and production particular points of criticism. However, critical opinion towards the album completely reversed in the ensuing years, and it is now generally considered an important record of both the Britpop era and the 1990s in general, as well as appearing on several lists of the greatest albums in rock music. "Cast No Shadow" is the 8th track on the album and one of the lesser-known behind mega hits "Wonderwall", "Don't Look Back in Anger", "Some Might Say", and "Champagne Supernova". It's one of my favorite from the album though and has a surprisingly active bass part for an Oasis song.

1997 - OK Computer is the third studio album by English rock band Radiohead. The album depicts a world fraught with rampant consumerism, social alienation, emotional isolation and political malaise; in this capacity, OK Computer has been said to have prescient insight into the mood of 21st-century life. The band used unconventional production techniques, including natural reverberation through recording on a staircase, and no audio separation. Despite lowered sales estimates by EMI, who deemed the record uncommercial and difficult to market, OK Computer reached number one on the UK Albums Chart and debuted at number 21 on the Billboard 200, Radiohead's highest album entry on the US charts at the time, and was soon certified 5× platinum in the UK and double platinum in the US. OK Computer received critical acclaim and has been cited by listeners, critics and musicians as one of the greatest albums of all time. "Lucky" is the 11th track on the album and lags behind hits like "Paranoid Android" - a regular candidate for the best individual songs of all time - as well as "Karma Police" and "No Surprises", but in fact was the first song written and recorded by the band in 1995 (the other songs were all recorded in 1996-97). It's a gorgeous and surprisingly challenging song to play. 

1999Californication is the seventh studio album by American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. Californication marked the return of John Frusciante, who had previously appeared on Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, to replace Dave Navarro as the band's guitarist. Frusciante's return was credited with changing the band's sound altogether, producing a notable shift in style from the music recorded with Navarro. Californication is the Chili Peppers' most commercially successful studio release internationally, with over 15 million copies sold worldwide, and more than 6 million in the United States alone. As of 2002, the album had sold over 4 million copies in Europe. The record marked a significant change in style for the band: Rolling Stone's Greg Tate noted that "while all previous Chili Peppers projects have been highly spirited, Californication dares to be spiritual and epiphanic". In the 2020 edition of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list Californication placed at 286. "Easily" is the seventh track on the album and a feisty challenge for Frusciante and Flea wannabes, but is often overlooked in favor of big hits like "Around the World", "Scar Tissue", "Otherside", and "Californication".  You will get a workout playing this.

@ jellisjenius - i have not thanked you for that extaordinary presentation.  It really shows your passion and respect for music. Thx for the insights. I know all of those albums very well except "Ten" - i own that one too, but i never got behind Pearl Jam. Pioneers, Icons, yes. just nothing i can understand really. Esp. OK Computer and What´s the Story... still on my regular playlist. Great selection of tracks out of those albums!!! A lot of work, i know.. but such a good week, so appreciated. Thanks, and keep up that crazy stuff!!!!!

Rock!

• Thanks 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

strange songs this week...

class songs:

i was hoping for a better score when playing, but i ended up like that:

pBwFVUi.jpg

this one was a nice treat from standard power chords. i have to admit it took me some time to get use to non standard chords...

i thought i will not be able to get more than 85% after playing few times....

3SMSLdG.jpg

this one was nice to play

uieniBa.jpg

and bonus was also nice treat...

hKaTSbC.jpg

now other classes:

this one is more difficult that it looks like:

EV4fnyO.jpg

this one is great... this flow took me....

however I CUT MY FINGER when doing those bends on 24 threat high E.... LOL...

wffbzjr.jpg

these two are also great to play

1bBJhqy.jpg

IWZ25tW.jpg

• Like 2

RATM improvements:

20211007203942-1.jpg

20211007203337-1.jpg

Generally this is weird. I have 22 frets on my guitar so I play bend at 22, the game accepts it without any problem, and then I see a purple phrase like that. This is the first time I see something like this.

20211007203011-1.jpg

• Like 1