Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 415

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 415 =-

Theme Week: 90s Deep Cuts

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:  Oasis - Cast No Shadow (3.5)

Intermediate: The Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise (5) NOTE: please use the linked version by top-notch charter arrov, it's the only one with all three tracks

Advanced:  Radiohead - Lucky (6.5)

Advanced Bonus:  Rage Against the Machine - Fistful of Steel (6.5)

Masterclass:  Pearl Jam - Porch (7)

Masterclass Bonus:  Red Hot Chili Peppers - Easily (7.5)

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  Oasis - Cast No Shadow (3.5)

Intermediate:  The Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise (5) NOTE: please use the linked version by top-notch charter arrov, it's the only one with all three tracks

Advanced:  Rage Against the Machine - Fistful of Steel (6)

Masterclass:  Pearl Jam - Porch (7)

Bass Path:

Beginner:  The Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise (4) NOTE: please use the linked version by top-notch charter arrov, it's the only one with all three tracks

Intermediate:  Oasis - Cast No Shadow (5)

Intermediate Bonus:  Rage Against the Machine - Fistful of Steel (6)

Advanced:  Radiohead - Lucky (6.5)

Advanced Bonus:  Pearl Jam - Porch (7.5)

Masterclass:  Red Hot Chili Peppers - Easily (8)

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

This week's theme is 90's deep cuts, more specifically several fantastic but lesser known tracks off some of the most celebrated albums of the 1990s. For those interested, here is a little tour through the albums in chronological order:

1991 - Ten is the debut studio album by American rock band Pearl Jam. Many of the songs on Ten were instrumental jams or reworked Mother Love Bone - former band of bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Stone Gossard - songs for which vocalist/front man Eddie Vedder composed new melodies and lyrics. Despite its reputation as a quintessential grunge record, Ten is often noted for displaying a stronger classic rock influence than other contemporary grunge releases. Ten was not an immediate success, but by late 1992 it had reached number two on the Billboard 200. Beyond its role in consolidating the mainstream success of grunge rock in the early 1990s, Ten is generally considered to have been instrumental in the rise and dominance of alternative rock throughout the decade. The album has since been ranked by several publications as one of the greatest albums of all time. By February 2013, it had sold 13 million copies in the US, becoming the 22nd record to do so in the Nielsen SoundScan era and has been certified 13× Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). "Porch" is the eighth track on the album and one of it's lesser-known songs behind "Evenflow", "Alive", "Black", and "Jeremy", but it's a raw, emotional, hard-hitting, and unpredictable song, and the only one on the album written solely by Vedder. 

1992 - Rage Against the Machine is the debut studio album by American rock band Rage Against the Machine. Rage Against the Machine was a critical success upon release with several critics noting the album's politically motivated agenda as well as Zack de la Rocha's strong vocal delivery. Rated number 24 on the Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time", the album peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard Heatseekers chart and number 45 on the US Billboard 200 and has gone on to achieve triple platinum sales certification in the US. "Fistful of Steel" is the 8th track on the album and like all other songs on the album, it's success is dwarfed by that of "Killing in the Name"...but also that of more modest hits "Bombtrack", "Know Your Enemy", and "Wake Up." It's no less incendiary or kickass, with Tom Morello's wizardry and Timmy C's aggressive bass licks. Be warned - you will need 24+ frets to play this properly on lead.

1993Siamese Dream  is the second studio album by American alternative rock band the Smashing Pumpkins. The album has received widespread acclaim by audiences and critics alike, with the album's musical influences and lyrical material standing out compared to other alternative records released during its time. The album has since been considered "one of the finest alt-rock albums of all time". Despite recording sessions fraught with difficulties and tensions, Siamese Dream debuted at number ten on the Billboard charts, and eventually was certified 4x Platinum, with the album selling over six million copies worldwide, cementing the Smashing Pumpkins as an important group in alternative rock music. "Mayonaise" is the 9th track on the album and is not exactly unknown - it's one of the most stunningly beautiful songs to be released in the decade and is hard to overlook - but is overshadowed by the three enormously successful hits "Cherub Rock", "Today", and "Disarm" that precede it. "Mayonaise" is one of two songs on the album for which guitarist James Iha has co-writing credits with Billy Corgan. The other is "Soma", which is also a beautiful track.

1995(What's the Story) Morning Glory? is the second studio album by English rock band Oasis. The record propelled Oasis from being a crossover indie act to a worldwide rock phenomenon, and is seen by critics as a significant record in the timeline of British indie music. Morning Glory sold a record-breaking 345,000 copies in its first week in the UK, spent 10 weeks at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It was also the band's breakthrough in America, reaching number four on the US Billboard 200 and being certified 4× platinum there. Although a commercial success, the record initially received lukewarm reviews from mainstream critics; many reviewers deemed it inferior to Definitely Maybe, with the songwriting and production particular points of criticism. However, critical opinion towards the album completely reversed in the ensuing years, and it is now generally considered an important record of both the Britpop era and the 1990s in general, as well as appearing on several lists of the greatest albums in rock music. "Cast No Shadow" is the 8th track on the album and one of the lesser-known behind mega hits "Wonderwall", "Don't Look Back in Anger", "Some Might Say", and "Champagne Supernova". It's one of my favorite from the album though and has a surprisingly active bass part for an Oasis song.

1997 - OK Computer is the third studio album by English rock band Radiohead. The album depicts a world fraught with rampant consumerism, social alienation, emotional isolation and political malaise; in this capacity, OK Computer has been said to have prescient insight into the mood of 21st-century life. The band used unconventional production techniques, including natural reverberation through recording on a staircase, and no audio separation. Despite lowered sales estimates by EMI, who deemed the record uncommercial and difficult to market, OK Computer reached number one on the UK Albums Chart and debuted at number 21 on the Billboard 200, Radiohead's highest album entry on the US charts at the time, and was soon certified 5× platinum in the UK and double platinum in the US. OK Computer received critical acclaim and has been cited by listeners, critics and musicians as one of the greatest albums of all time. "Lucky" is the 11th track on the album and lags behind hits like "Paranoid Android" - a regular candidate for the best individual songs of all time - as well as "Karma Police" and "No Surprises", but in fact was the first song written and recorded by the band in 1995 (the other songs were all recorded in 1996-97). It's a gorgeous and surprisingly challenging song to play. 

1999Californication is the seventh studio album by American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers. Californication marked the return of John Frusciante, who had previously appeared on Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, to replace Dave Navarro as the band's guitarist. Frusciante's return was credited with changing the band's sound altogether, producing a notable shift in style from the music recorded with Navarro. Californication is the Chili Peppers' most commercially successful studio release internationally, with over 15 million copies sold worldwide, and more than 6 million in the United States alone. As of 2002, the album had sold over 4 million copies in Europe. The record marked a significant change in style for the band: Rolling Stone's Greg Tate noted that "while all previous Chili Peppers projects have been highly spirited, Californication dares to be spiritual and epiphanic". In the 2020 edition of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list Californication placed at 286. "Easily" is the seventh track on the album and a feisty challenge for Frusciante and Flea wannabes, but is often overlooked in favor of big hits like "Around the World", "Scar Tissue", "Otherside", and "Californication".  You will get a workout playing this.

• Like 12

Really great week, I know all these bands/albums but none of the songs so it is really what you aimed for 😂

I played almost everything so its gonna be a long post, this is first time im touching the guitar in a week as becuase I was busy moving this week. 

Sight reads from my new place:

Rc3H7Ws.jpg

wucMjfY.jpg

cyBit0T.jpg

5ToGbhS.jpg

Wwp7wYL.jpg

VGJVRel.jpg

just got in the flow of the song 😂

XqhRh47.jpg

I'll focus on Lead radiohead probably this week I feel like it will be challenging but not too hard. Have a great week everybody!

• Like 1

Let's get started!

Nice (3)

20211002223727-1.jpg

This is not my favorite song from this album. Smashing Pumpkins songs are generally harder, but this one is just right for the intermediate (5).

20211003205633-1.jpg

Not a fan of Radiohead's guitar style. Unfortunately, in this song I have a problem recognizing dubble stops above the 12th fret, which is why I lose a few % of the overall result 🙁

20211002224449-1.jpg

This is fun (6-6.5)

20211003112122-1.jpg

Song from that legendary album, nice. I rated it 7 before but this is a strong 7 so could be 7.5 to make it look better for masterclass 😉

20210904152805-1.jpg

And Easily is one of my favorite songs from RHCP, so I'm glad to play it again! As for the difficulty, I think it's more 6.5 than 7.5.

20211003111019-1.jpg

• Like 2

HELP NEEDED

idk where else to post this, when i plug in my realtone cable (not official one, but its the one i played with for the last year and never gave me probelm) I get electric shock from my strings (not on my fingers but when i touch my forearm on them are any other part). When i plug my guitar to the amp with with a normal cable this doesnt happen. Anyone has any experience with this? I oredered a new cable anyway but it will only come in 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, Anitomer said:

HELP NEEDED

idk where else to post this, when i plug in my realtone cable (not official one, but its the one i played with for the last year and never gave me probelm) I get electric shock from my strings (not on my fingers but when i touch my forearm on them are any other part). When i plug my guitar to the amp with with a normal cable this doesnt happen. Anyone has any experience with this? I oredered a new cable anyway but it will only come in 2 weeks.

Does this happen on all USB ports?

Pretty sure all those 3 step bends should be slides, which would explain the 7-ish fret jump after each one.
Still quite fun regardless.
xGLdmcQ.png

Took a few goes but got over 90, it'll do for now.
aMUurtE.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

what a nice week! so well presented, thx @ jellisjenius !!!

4.5ish, so cool to play

42184247ya.jpg

42184248go.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

6 hours ago, Anitomer said:

HELP NEEDED

Ouch.... yeah, check the cable visually on both ends, try another Udbhub and port, if possible other Pc, but most likely it´s gonna be the cable

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

7 hours ago, Anitomer said:

HELP NEEDED

Could be a short circuit between one of the audio-cable ends and the ground. If the soldering was done badly, the connection could release and touch the ground (pin or casing). You could measure the resistance between the audio pins and the ground. If the Resistance is low (something like 1 Ohms), than there is a short circuit that needs to be fixed. Do you have any audio issues?

I think I will pass this weeks championship. I really love the idea of a 90s themed song selection, but the songs are too hard for me to play. Sorry.🌸

• Sad 1

@ jellisjenius - only one thing missing - leaderboard sheet fo the week ;)

42188753rh.jpg

42188754ha.jpg

Ah... that RATM album easily one of the most important ones for me for those times, love it

• Like 1

rhy (6)

42188770ky.jpg

• Like 1

way better

42188784gb.jpg

• Like 1

great band, that arpeggios soooo outside my comfort zone

42188819bn.jpg

• Like 1

bass, 6.5ish

42188869bt.jpg

• Like 1

another great album, another cool song (8)

42188901yy.jpg

• Like 2

Not disowned the championship.

Had two weeks off with  flu bed ridden .just starting to feel ok again ready to get on it . And something in my fretting hand has cracked. feels painfull to move the thumb . So pissed off, will still be scoring though . I will go back and play what I've missed some great songs ive missed . 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:30 AM, Anitomer said:

HELP NEEDED

Yeah Shocking Right? LOL  My actual RS cable would do that to my forearm as well. But only on my battery assisted Ibanez bass and not my Fender bass. Haven't really noticed since I dropped the cable and got the Focusrite set up.

• Like 1