Google Drive changes.

Snake3169

Question

I am not sure how many of my fellow charters use google drive as a download site for their CDLC. Though a few days ago, google drive changed their policies and basically the entire program along with some new security measures. It made all previous download links basically useless. Now when a user clicks on those links, it only sends an email to me requesting they be allowed access to the file. Now, to stop that. I basically have to go back an edit every. Single. CDLC. I ever put up. 100s. I am not going to do that. What I am going to do is zipfile all my DLCs together and make one big package users can download if they want. Figure I would just let the mods know here that the vast majority of links on here (people that use google drive anyways) are dead.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

I have only used google drive from as long ago as 2018 and my old CDLC from 2018 is still downloadable without issue to this day. I think you may not have used the proper share/privacy settings when copying the link to your CDLC and that's why you're receiving those emails and such. The only dead links I've ever seen are usually CDLC that's hosted on Mediafire.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Google have put up notice about the change to allow to avoid that issue by going through a few steps before the change was done. Now that the deadline has past, any user that did not go through those step have to do a little more work to get their link to be available as freely as they were before.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity