Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 413

Mikson

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 413 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:  Rammstein - Du Hast (3) my choice

Intermediate:  Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rewrite (4) chosen by @ TarpMada

Advanced:  Rainbow - Stargazer (7) chosen by @ DropZone90

Masterclass:  Mastodon - The Motherload (8.5) - D drop C - chosen by @ NunoJBSilva.Guitarist

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rewrite (3)

Intermediate:  Rainbow - Stargazer (5.5)

Advanced:  Rainbow - Stargazer (5.5)

Masterclass:  Mastodon - The Motherload (8)

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Rammstein - Du Hast (3)

Intermediate:  Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rewrite (6) or Link to fixed Bass version (I strongly suggest using this version) thanks @ BluesMcGroove

Advanced:  Rainbow - Stargazer (6.5)

Masterclass:  Mastodon - The Motherload (8)

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Nice week! Cannot wait to check those out.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
2 minutes ago, BluesMcGroove said:

Pulled open the EOF on it, seems the first 3 notes were jumbled up on each other for Bass. The measure were off a bit too. I could fix it if you still want to use the track, it'd just take a bit

Sure - do that and post the fixed version in the comments of the songs page - we can link there in the opening post of that week.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Great week! Thank you @ Mikson

this week i will update the championship leaderboard daily (or every other day) so if your not sure whats the top score and have to scour the posts like i do every week it will be easier 🙂

Sight reads:

nice begginer song, this might be the first time i listen to this song all the way through 😂

6gkeoS8.jpg

Fun song! every week i feel like the Intermediate songs are the most fun. play this dont miss out

Hn3HAd1.jpg

There's no way he managed to play this solo the same twice.. its just so guitar-gibberish just throw in a milion notes and hope they dont sound too bad together a-la Slayer

0H1gu9L.jpg

decided to skip MC lead this time because it will be too hard anyway

This will probably make me listen to nothing but Mastodon for a week again..

Why is there a solo in my sweet rhythm path????

Yfb2dwS.jpg

Rainbow song too long to be replayed on different paths 😂

Have a great week everybody!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Anitomer said:

Great week! Thank you @ Mikson

this week i will update the championship leaderboard daily (or every other day) so if your not sure whats the top score and have to scour the posts like i do every week it will be easier 🙂

Sight reads:

nice begginer song, this might be the first time i listen to this song all the way through 😂

6gkeoS8.jpg

Fun song! every week i feel like the Intermediate songs are the most fun. play this dont miss out

Hn3HAd1.jpg

There's no way he managed to play this solo the same twice.. its just so guitar-gibberish just throw in a milion notes and hope they dont sound too bad together a-la Slayer

0H1gu9L.jpg

decided to skip MC lead this time because it will be too hard anyway

This will probably make me listen to nothing but Mastodon for a week again..

Why is there a solo in my sweet rhythm path????

Yfb2dwS.jpg

Rainbow song too long to be replayed on different paths 😂

Have a great week everybody!

Lead in Motherload is not much more difficult than Rhythm. The main difference is the solo which is difficult but playable. And we need more competition in the Masterclass after most competitors have recently stopped participating 🙁

Aw man forgot GOG was ending this week, didn't get round to trying them on guitar.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Hi everybody,

I would definitely like to be in the  masterclass for all 3 paths . Does that mean I didn't win rhythm last week?

Here's my first tries for this week:

Lead:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605633765

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605633913

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634115

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634228

Rhythm:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634521

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634595

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634411

Bass:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634710

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605634788

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605635119

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2605635226

Tomorrow is restringing day, so I expect better scores on the the mastodon song. Except for bass, ain't got new strings for that, but I feel I can finesse a score bit higher if I work on fretting with just the right amount of force in the left hand.

Also:

@ BluesMcGroove Holy shit man, you work fast! I've never done any customs myself and now I feel even more intimidated to try. But since trying the hard things is the best way to improve, I'm gonna look for a song to do. Got any tips?

@ Anitomer (Is this the right way to reply to people?) Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel I need to defend Ritchies solo a bit. While you're right that he didn't repeat it note-for-note, he never repeated any solo. All of his solos where improvised, and I've seen him saying in interviews multiple times saying that playing the same solo twice seems boring to him. Comparing his solos to slayer solos just seems wrong, and I'm a fan of slayer. Also, his name is Blackmore, how much more black can you get? The answer is none, none more black.

@anyone How does the song selection excel-thing work? There are multiple sheets in that file, and some of them seem untouched for years.

PS. I am willing and able to help with the organizational stuff, once: 1. I understand how this are done here 2. you guys decide you trust me enough.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

@ BluesMcGroove Holy shit man, you work fast! I've never done any customs myself and now I feel even more intimidated to try. But since trying the hard things is the best way to improve, I'm gonna look for a song to do. Got any tips?

Nah, man I'm nothing special. With that one I got lucky there was a guitar pro file with the bass already tabbed out and sounded really accurate. 

As for tips, there's already a couple really well documented tips on the forums already by firekorniminashi, and Berneer.

As for my tips, just practice listening to the songs and listening for the particular instrument. And practice with EoF (Editor on Fire). I've made a couple CDLCs of my own and started real small, but I've done musical charting in the past both by hand and with software, so probably don't take my path as "I can do this just as easy!" cause it might be a slightly different journey =p

Really, jump into EOF with a band you like, if you have Guitar Pro (I really recommend it) you can find stuff people may have already tabbed out to make the EoF part easy, and fiddle with stuff. Break things, make mistakes, and learn about what's going on 😃

• Like 1

Alright, my sight reads for the week. Had to do Mastodon a second time cause I forgot to catch a screenshot, lol.

Rammstein, nice and easy
20210918160325_1.thumb.jpg.82c6a6770c8eeb3268a564a1a266f4f0.jpg

Asian Kung-Fu Generation was a really fun one, the bass in the first link was probably more intermediate than what was in the fixed version, but it still seems to fit nicely

20210918172012_1.thumb.jpg.82dbe5e4514ee38879340d49814a8c09.jpg

Rainbow. Solid mid 70s song, I'll want to come back to this one again, the 8 and a half minutes really started to ache cause I didn't properly warm up.

20210918173041_1.thumb.jpg.f3a84c4840efd24790a28dfbbe295c3b.jpg

OOF Mastodon. The bass lick isn't hard to grasp, but the speed makes my fingers go stupid

20210918222943_1.thumb.jpg.6ba64ea74d0b5c91cbdd85e4a6e54183.jpg

• Like 3

@ Mikson btw me and @ Jakobgreve did participate in God Of Rhythm, he won 😒

@ nlbsmglsk haha its ok not offended, guess I just don't like his style of solos. I can tell he is an amazing guitar player ii just doesnt click for me.

also, can I ask you to copy paste your score images instead of linking to the steam site? it will just make it easier for me to update the scores but you dont have to - only if its not too much of an hassle. I use Imgur and then copy paste the images but maybe there is a quicker way im not aware of.. Also also -  great playing man!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Hi everybody,

I would definitely like to be in the  masterclass for all 3 paths . Does that mean I didn't win rhythm last week?

Since you competed for the first time and there was no masterclass song on rhythm this week, you could win at the advanced rhythm. Unless @ diceslinger disagrees with that result 🙂

9 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

@anyone How does the song selection excel-thing work? There are multiple sheets in that file, and some of them seem untouched for years.

The sheet is called Song selection list, unless you want to suggest a song with only bass, then Only bass songs sheet.

• Like 1

Went Lead Guitar to start this week. 

RS wasn't picking up my power chords very well for this play through, tuning might have been slightly off or something, but still, it was okay.

wvrNHV0.png

Thought I did pretty good on Rewrite, never heard it before at all, so took me a bit to find my rhythm at the start

yQpDyrj.png

For whatever reason I never really got into Rainbow but I love Dio. Wasn't a bad song, I'm sure I can get slightly better, the solo was fun.

YJGV5es.png

Never really been a fan of Mastodon and wasn't even going to play this one but since my alternate guitar is currently tuned to D, dropping it a step was just about as much out of my way as I was willing to go. I didn't mind the song, I played it better than my accuracy showed, things got a bit floppy at C tuning on my low E and I really have to redo the electronics on this guitar. I fixed up a broken ground a few months ago, but there's just a ton of interference

MI5XOjn.png 

• Like 2

Nice riffs
bz4RPPx.png

oof
0BnQduK.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype