Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 411

Mikson

3 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Another question for all what does everyone have thier video lag setting at, the default is 50. But I find I'm playing ahead of the music to get a perfect . ??

I keep mine on 0. With that, exclusive mode on and a latency buffer of 2 I can play on time and mostly get perfects in SA.

It's mostly for TV image/sound processing correction, in most cases on PC it should be on 0 otherwise it's just adding more lag.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

I keep mine on 0. With that, exclusive mode on and a latency buffer of 2 I can play on time and mostly get perfects in SA.

It's mostly for TV image/sound processing correction, in most cases on PC it should be on 0 otherwise it's just adding more lag.

Will try that, I am moving from a toshiba laptop to a pc soon Intel i5 so that should sort any lag out. What I meant is I like to be right in time with the music, and I find I am  hitting notes well before the notes on screen hit the fretboard when I am  . I actually found I was hitting more perfect notes by moving the slider the other way around 100 - 150.?? I guess it's just trial and error .

• Like 2

ELO is a phenomenal band.R9SFfqyP_o.jpg

Bought this album when I was like 13/14. Thought it was great, this caused me to check out their most recent stuff. I haven't listened to them since this album, honestly their new stuff isn't half-bad.8D90xmp4_o.jpg9YzmzfuT_o.jpgBoth Metallica and BOC are excellent. No surprise there. BOC is particular is an underappreciated band deserving of more recognition.oz5t1MnH_o.jpg7vmat9Pp_o.jpg

• Like 5

So little time this week to practice...

Don't think I will have more to improve. They are all new songs for me (surprisingly never try to play Fade... before!!!) so no whooping scores from me this week as I could only play all once or twice...

class paths

ADqPloj.jpg

1LhhuhJ.jpg

s9pKnym.jpg

other classes:

CYIzI9N.jpg

aoE5sQ0.jpg

V4GWys9.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Daz40 said:

What % would you guys say would be good enough for the average pub band .  Because I've seen some ropey versions of songs by cover bands over the years . I Think probably 75- 80% ?? Would be plenty  good enough . 

in rocksmith? if you play 80% through an amp you can hear its nothing like the song... I think at least 90%+ to be average 95%+ to be good

i find rocksmith way way too forgiving

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anitomer said:

in rocksmith? if you play 80% through an amp you can hear its nothing like the song... I think at least 90%+ to be average 95%+ to be good

i find rocksmith way way too forgiving

Yea I could see that. Was just thinking would be good if you could turn up or down the volume of the part you are playing . So you could just hear your guitar along with the band.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Daz40 said:

Yea I could see that. Was just thinking would be good if you could turn up or down the volume of the part you are playing . So you could just hear your guitar along with the band.

you can! in the mixer turn down the music sound and you can hear you guitar alot louder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anitomer said:

yeah its the whole band, your guitar is another "layer" of sound

You are right though, need to plug into a big amp and crank it up sometimes. I spent alot of years on technique, playing unplugged or through headphones. Then when I plugged in and turned it up, oh my you can here ever tiny  error, its a real kick in the teeth .lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daz40 said:

You are right though, need to plug into a big amp and crank it up sometimes. I spent alot of years on technique, playing unplugged or through headphones. Then when I plugged in and turned it up, oh my you can here ever tiny  error, its a real kick in the teeth .lol

I've struggled with getting the right sound for years. I used to put a  "Y" connection on my guitar one would be my rocksmith cable to pc the other to my amp. Headphone audio jack out of pc to my amp. I can really crank up the songs that way. And in the mixer turn up my guitar to 100% and music down.  But I was never really happy other than cranking it up. I could also change my guitar sound with my amp during the process. Always seemed to have lag from game. No matter if 2 latency or 1 or 0 or 4, lag in game settings from 0 to whatever. Lag always seemed to be either hit note early, (ex. hit  E string just before note gets to string) or it was to late, or higher lag setting in game, which really makes sight reading and play suck. Experimenting with a new audio interface, and lag seems to be gone (since no Realtone Cable). But my output is not connected to a PA yet, just studio speakers. So I'm missing my loud at the moment. Repeating the same sound from the original artist is key, and most songs are off....

• Like 1