Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 411

Mikson

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 411 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:   Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky (3) my choice

Intermediate:  Coheed and Cambria - Red Blood Summer (5) chosen by @ Toni-Wan Kenobi

Advanced:  Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy (7.5) my choice

Masterclass:  Metallica - Fade To Black (9) chosen by @ Anitomer

GOG:  Alestorm - Curse of the Crystal Coconut Full Album (10) week 3/4

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  Coheed and Cambria - Red Blood Summer (3)

Intermediate:  Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy (5)

Advanced:  Metallica - Fade To Black (7.5)

Masterclass:  Metallica - Fade To Black (7.5)

GOR:  Alestorm - Curse of the Crystal Coconut Full Album (8 ?) week 3/4

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Coheed and Cambria - Red Blood Summer (3)

Intermediate:  Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky (6)

Advanced:  Metallica - Fade To Black (6.5)

Masterclass:  Blue Oyster Cult - Astronomy (7.5)

GOB:  Alestorm - Curse of the Crystal Coconut Full Album (7 ?) week 3/4

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This week, the bass paths for Advanced and Master classes are a little easier. But I didn't want to add a new only bass song and create bonuses because as last week shows, hardly anyone plays them.

This week we have 4 songs with good charts on each path to focus on. Besides, I love Astonomy and Fade to Black!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, diceslinger said:

@ Mikson  You missed a level up.  Someone scored a 99.55% on bass 🙂

Do you want to get me out of the advanced class competition? No way! 🙂

After all, some time ago we changed the bass difficulty ratings to: 1-4 beginner, 5-6 intermediate, 7-8 advanced, 8-9 masterclass. So according to the rules, 8 is now advanced class promotion rating. 

nice song

kuEbbAL.jpg

I know of them but I dont think i've ever heard a song from them, very Zeppelin-like, i dig it. fun song too. in the quiet parts i forgot im playign and was on my phone and got panicked when the guitar came back on lol

fJc2rle.jpg

This is not my favorite song of all time, but in my opinion this might be the most beautiful song ever written, truly a masterpiece. Hard to believe that a human being wrote this.

D8WYc7j.jpg

this will be my focus this week, im having a bit of a hard time with the acoustic parts

DaqLe4C.jpg

Have a great week my friends

• Like 5

This song is so dope, such an amazing choice! And I was so happy to find a decent version of this song. Note that there are 3 wrong notes in the bass Chorus (When they say ''Where did we go wrong'') But other than that, it's def an easy and enjoyable song to play.

20210904234429_1.jpg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ls1997 said:

Hey! But I got a 103% score in Tears for fears -Head over Heels and 100% in James Blunt - Your'e Beautiful

One victory is never enough 😄

The second time I remind you of the rules, shame on you! 🙂

Each player is assigned to one class and can only win in that class. I added you to the Masterclass because your score in Evidence song showed you should be there. Of course, you can show scores from other classes, and most people do, but it's for fun (grayed out in the score sheet):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WN-m8wF0lVkQ4cLWHBa009SkqDoPk0xN-C4-llcrXXs/edit#gid=1736631201

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mikson said:

The second time I remind you of the rules, shame on you! 🙂

Each player is assigned to one class and can only win in that class. I added you to the Masterclass because your score in Evidence song showed you should be there. Of course, you can show scores from other classes, and most people do, but it's for fun (grayed out in the score sheet):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WN-m8wF0lVkQ4cLWHBa009SkqDoPk0xN-C4-llcrXXs/edit#gid=1736631201

Well, if i'm in the Masterclass then let's keep it that way 😅

• Like 1

Hello, this is my first time participating in the Rocksmith Championship. For the time being, my scores will be for Bass guitar. 🙂

20210905032825_1.thumb.jpg.54616f52d862035821e49bfa6a4bdb62.jpg

20210905033447_1.thumb.jpg.3f38735ed429ca92dbd468de4da89af0.jpg

20210905040843_1.thumb.jpg.84048af39afed2eefc61701d3473deb0.jpg

20210905035802_1.thumb.jpg.d92ede2b223fa30d5f7a0242787c8be4.jpg

This was my first time playing all of these songs, though I was familiar with all but Astronomy. This was my first time ever hearing Astronomy. 

I actually took two attempts on Astronomy and Fade to Black because my E String was slightly sharp and caused me to miss a lot of notes -- especially during the triplets in Fade to Black. The bridge section on Mr. Blue Sky -- played twice -- was a step up in difficulty, compared to the rest of the song.

I enjoyed the variety of songs; I'll continue to practice and post progress on the Intermediate+ classes.

• Like 6

I was enjoying mr blue sky, thinking this cant be intermediate. Then it all went a bit crazy,

I'm not at all good enough to sight read at full speed, so I have to slow down and play the whole song at 75% or less, just for that difficult part. Damnn it 

• Like 1

Phew, fun championship week. Figured I'd finally join one. I may come back to Astronomy cause man that was a fun one. Can't believe I hadn't listened to it before. I also need to practice the walking section on Mr Blue Sky cause that's a lot of fun once I was able to mostly get it.

20210905144203_1.thumb.jpg.b80c381e166bdec7592b1bd33109620b.jpg

20210905143451_1.thumb.jpg.a06b6a28034b9ab0192a479559c83a06.jpg

20210905141853_1.thumb.jpg.030cd3b2cf7a0d84a2c9ae59a3214165.jpg

20210905132108_1.thumb.jpg.e3799066c1c1290a1b996105afbb9097.jpg

• Like 6

This is the first song I have screenshot since I have put a Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen., Audio Interface into my setup. It only took 4 days, lots of helpless You tube vids! Finally figured it out on my own with lots of trial and error.  But works great!!! The lag I had experienced with just the game, is now gone. Think I'm really going to like this setup! First time ever hearing or playing this song.....

lafsZn5.png.pdf

• Like 3

All the songs this week are pretty fun to play. 

Got some Lead results here

yL0OQZT.png 

Kirk Hammett I am not. Something about his lead style is incredibly confounding to my fingers and always has been.
CoQDxQM.png

li6aG9C.png

Decided to pull out my bass because the songs again, were fun to play and I always love playing Cliff Burton's bass tracks. Outside of pulling my bass out the other week to play a song here I haven't played bass much in the last couple months and while I could still keep up I definitely lost some of the speed and finesse I had built up in my plucking fingers.

x8oascP.png
Y3pgOij.png
EbTKt2f.png

• Like 5