Off-beat Sections

4JOHcGs2JqHg
Go to solution Solved by coldrampage,

I'm working on my first CDLC and I'm running into problems with getting the sections right in EOF. The riff starts on the last eighth of a measure, but GP7 sections are tied to the first beat of a measure, so I kept getting errors in EOF telling me that notes that crossing phrase/section boundaries screws RS up. After a lot of trial and error I figured out how to manually edit phrases in EOF but since the time signature is 4/4 I can only select the last quarter note of a measure to start a section, which means that I still have issues with notes crossing section boundaries. Anyone have any idea how to work around this? I've considered just setting the timesig to 8/8 but I'm wondering if there's a better way to deal with this.

• Solution
4 hours ago, 4JOHcGs2JqHg said:

I've considered just setting the timesig to 8/8 but I'm wondering if there's a better way to deal with this.

If you're using dlc builder or the toolkit with DDC improver to generate DD you can shift the phrase left/right by a note to be off beat

Using the Phrase Mover

Phrases can be moved off beat by giving the phrase a special name: "moveR#".

This will move the phrase right by # notes, where the number must be 1 or more. 1 will move the phrase to the next note/chord.

Chords and split chords count as one. If the phrase is located on the same timecode as a note/chord (sustain of a previous note does not count), it counts as one.
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

In the above case, the phrase and section will be moved to start at the G power chord.

If an anchor (FHP) is set at the start of the phrase, it will be moved to the new position. The anchor at the old position is deleted if there is no note at that position.

^^ above nicked from here.

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

11 hours ago, coldrampage said:

If you're using dlc builder or the toolkit with DDC improver to generate DD you can shift the phrase left/right by a note to be off beat

^^ above nicked from here.

Hmm, so DLC builder completely replaces the old toolkit GUI? I tried using it to build but it's giving me errors about "Anchor very close to the end of an unpitched slide" which I can't quite figure out how to solve, even though there's no anchor in sight at the time it specifies. Is there a way to fix those errors or just get around them? It builds fine in the old toolkit so I don't know why it's getting hung up here.

minor_error.png

16 minutes ago, 4JOHcGs2JqHg said:

it's giving me errors about "Anchor very close to the end of an unpitched slide" which I can't quite figure out how to solve, even though there's no anchor in sight at the time it specifies.

Anchor is a vague term that is uses quite a bit, I think it's mostly referring to sections and anchored beats (not sure on the specifics tho, a few other things tend to set it off too).

To fix it I'd just shorten the sustain on the slide a little, a 32nd or 64th should do the trick.

16 minutes ago, 4JOHcGs2JqHg said:

Is there a way to fix those errors or just get around them?

You can ignore them and it'll still build fine, they're just a list of small improvements to make the chart more readable and closer to odlc standards.

• Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Administrator
9 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Anchor is a vague term that is uses quite a bit, I think it's mostly referring to sections and anchored beats (not sure on the specifics tho, a few other things tend to set it off too).

Anchor are what is referred to as Fret Hand Position in EOF. Anchor is the official wording by Ubisoft notetracker.

• Thanks 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Okay, after a bit more trial and error I've got it working. I will note that I had to use moveR2 in order to get it to move just one note over, but I'm assuming that's what the docs mean by

On 8/29/2021 at 5:47 AM, coldrampage said:

If the phrase is located on the same timecode as a note/chord (sustain of a previous note does not count), it counts as one.

I have one more question; not all of the tracks start sections at the same time. For example the guitar section might start at that last eighth note of the previous measure, but the bass section needs to start on the first beat of the current measure. Is the best way to deal with that just having all track-specific sections/phrases there?

phrase_mover.png

11 hours ago, 4JOHcGs2JqHg said:

Is the best way to deal with that just having all track-specific sections/phrases there?

I'd do some track specific phrases/sections there, whatever makes it work best for each track in riff repeater.

11 hours ago, 4JOHcGs2JqHg said:

will note that I had to use moveR2 in order to get it to move just one note over, but I'm assuming that's what the docs mean by

On 8/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, coldrampage said:

If the phrase is located on the same timecode as a note/chord (sustain of a previous note does not count), it counts as one.

Yep, if it starts on a note it'll add that to the count so you have to add 1 to it in that case.

• Thanks 1