Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 410

2 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Struggling to get anywhere this week . Every time I pick up the guitar does someone stop me, 

Also why do some songs not allow you to practice just a single section in rr. ??

What songs do you mean?  You can try using CusomForge Song Menager and add Dynamic Difficulty if it isn't there.

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

What songs do you mean?  You can try using CusomForge Song Menager and add Dynamic Difficulty if it isn't there.

James blunt I cannot select just one block have to play through the whole thing.  In RR

6 hours ago, Daz40 said:
8 hours ago, Mikson said:

James blunt I cannot select just one block have to play through the whole thing.  In RR

Adding DD wont add sections to the song, you'd still only select the whole thing in RR.

Even if you went and added sections in eof yourself it'd change the feel in score attack, making it more/less lenient to pass sections depending on where you place them compared to the version everyone else is playing (one section so one also strike max? meaning you can't fail? idk). so I'd probably just keep it as is, I feel it'd change too much.

You could "Rocksmith To Tab" it and practice sections that way, but it's less than ideal.

The sections seem to work fine for me tho, idk what's going on with your version.

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

About the James Blunt song- I just created the sections in a fixed pattern, like, 2 sections in everey chorus if I remember correctly.

I highly suggest you guys just retune your guitar AFTER attaching the capo. RS just has some problems detecting notes after using capos for some reason. I just pause the song before the songs start playin' and just retune my guitar with the precision tuner of the pause menu while the capo is on, making sure each note is as close as it could get to 0. Make sure the pitch is not too sharp.

I actually got a 98% rhythm score in this song, so I don't think there's any bug or anything, it's just the RS note detector of the higher notes with the capo on.

I felt like I was mismatched for the songs this week.

This one wasn't too bad for me but I saw some struggled with it.  Maybe my focus on arpeggios has helped?

2Q8W3Mv.jpg

I love this album.  I could happily form a Volbeat western rock cover band and play out my years with nothing else.

oroSL93.jpg

Ah...there is the problem, I see now this is a masterclass song rated and 8.  I had it in my head it was rated a 5 and felt crazy.

WL3NOym.jpg

Ah...the 80's.

Agxf0Po.jpg

Can you play it once?  Yes.  Can you play it over and over and over for seven minutes?  Not so much so.

522FA2f.jpg

• Like 5

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

On 9/2/2021 at 7:04 PM, coldrampage said:

Adding DD wont add sections to the song, you'd still only select the whole thing in RR.

Even if you went and added sections in eof yourself it'd change the feel in score attack, making it more/less lenient to pass sections depending on where you place them compared to the version everyone else is playing (one section so one also strike max? meaning you can't fail? idk). so I'd probably just keep it as is, I feel it'd change too much.

You could "Rocksmith To Tab" it and practice sections that way, but it's less than ideal.

The sections seem to work fine for me tho, idk what's going on with your version.

I also found helpful in Learn a Song mode when you press Esc you can go with the arrows left and right through the song. Also you can use PgUp and PgDn - this jumps between sections.

• Like 2

This weeks songs completely not my cup of tea, but very nice to listen and play though.

class songs:

Too much for me in this one... when 2/3 of the song is playable, then the last part is out of my reach.

UV4B2g1.jpg

Again I will complain for cords recognition in this one... so tight there to fit all fingers 🙂

pbonRZq.jpg

This one though is a masterpiece... however the "solo" riff is out of my reach at such a short time to play.

vVMLInc.jpg

And here there is always a part i miss a note or two..

kjDCSQM.jpg

other classes are also so much fun to play this week.

X5kqsX8.jpg

Here I could not get above 84%... 1st pass was the best again... was trying few more times and was getting around 80% every time... how is this Beginner class 😉

s0vwwvY.jpg

Bass beginner bonus was tricky, but I finally got there 🙂

kTjSnpF.jpg

Easy enough

gcO9U9g.jpg

In this one a main riff is tricky with the slides and all, but I am sure I could do much better if I have more time.

7BnycaG.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayteck said:

This weeks songs completely not my cup of tea, but very nice to listen and play though.

class songs:

Too much for me in this one... when 2/3 of the song is playable, then the last part is out of my reach.

UV4B2g1.jpg

Again I will complain for cords recognition in this one... so tight there to fit all fingers 🙂

pbonRZq.jpg

This one though is a masterpiece... however the "solo" riff is out of my reach at such a short time to play.

vVMLInc.jpg

And here there is always a part i miss a note or two..

kjDCSQM.jpg

other classes are also so much fun to play this week.

X5kqsX8.jpg

Here I could not get above 84%... 1st pass was the best again... was trying few more times and was getting around 80% every time... how is this Beginner class 😉

s0vwwvY.jpg

Bass beginner bonus was tricky, but I finally got there 🙂

kTjSnpF.jpg

Easy enough

gcO9U9g.jpg

In this one a main riff is tricky with the slides and all, but I am sure I could do much better if I have more time.

7BnycaG.jpg

Try using an acoustic-electric guitar for James Blunt rhythm guitar track. It'll be much easier for your fingers to fit. Plus, this is how the song is originally played. 🙂

My week was crap and I barely got to touch an instrument. Just got two entries here, and definitely not my best

Head Over Heels - I very much enjoyed this song, just didn't play exceptionally well

QRktbq3.png

Our Loved Ones - This was the first Volbeat song I've heard that I've liked, so that's always a good thing. I need more reasons to keep one of my guitars in D, so good stuff. Also, I hit the mastery bug, definitely didn't 100% it (even if I could play the song 100% accurately there's no way in hell RS will pick up all the notes, especially considering the hellscape that is the electronic internals of the guitar I played this one)

lL7984i.png

• Like 1

I gave this a few more plays

EV4wBzV.jpg

And more here

TUHLts4.jpg

And I got stubborn on this one.  Started at 67%.  I wasn't going to let that stand on a song rated 6.  Not quite to @ Anitomer , but I'll try if I get some time.

1I6sr7N.jpg

• Like 3

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

1 hour ago, Ls1997 said:

Try using an acoustic-electric guitar for James Blunt rhythm guitar track. It'll be much easier for your fingers to fit. Plus, this is how the song is originally played. 🙂

i wish i have one 😉 it sounds more like ukulele for me though 😉

• Like 1

Not sure I'll get a score much better than this until I figure out why note recognition is not working for me on the main riff...sounds good and feels like I'm playing it right but RS keeps dinging me for like 1 or 2 missed notes most of the time. Still a great song and fun to play.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 3