keep track of viewed songs/updates

Unleashed2k
This post was recognized by Unleashed2k!

danacook was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 1 points.

My pattern of use for ignition is to bring it up and scan all the CLDC that has been added/updated since my last check. Unfortunately when I don't get back to it regularly I forget the date I last checked so I have to keep scanning back until I recognize something I've seen before or I am clearly way past the date I probably last scanned. It would be great if the search could keep track of my last seen progress. It could even be manual where when I finish catching up I hit a button to set lastscanned=now. On the next viewing of search results it could indicate by a different font/color/column whether the row is for an entry that was last added/updated after my lastscanned save point.

The Rocksmith+ beta really made me realize how much time I probably waste rescanning stuff I already checked since I was playing that and not keeping up with 2014 and my new song scanning. If I have seen something I wanted in the new songs I can usually remember ( in fact the 'downloaded' icon helps quite a bit there ) , but more and more I don't find something I want on each scan and I tend to forget what stuff I saw that I hadn't wanted.

I suppose another solution is for me to write down when I last scanned, but I don't see myself as being disciplined enough to do that. I haven't so far anyway....

• Thanks 1

• Administrator

We used to have this on old ignition, and tried to do it for i4 but ran into issues. We'll re-evaluate and see what needs to be done to get this working. 

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator
3 hours ago, daagar said:

I know a "me too" message doesn't help anything, but this is also my use-case exactly so it isn't wasted effort for just one person. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Yeah it's an old feature that just hasn't been added to the new one yet. I had to brainstorm the best method to execute this but my new plan is to add a timestamp when someone downloads a song, then it'll show all *new* songs updated/new since that time. 

We'll have this out soon.

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)