EOF Copy/Paste Manually Set Fret Hand Positions (FHPs)?

BazookaBear

I'm working on a chart that took me a few hours to manually set the FHPs for one guitar path. The Bass path plays almost exclusively the root notes of the guitar path and as a result, The fingering is identical. Is there a way to copy/paste the FHPs from the guitar path to the Bass path? Or do I have to spend more time manually setting the FHPs for the Bass Path?

I am not aware of a way to copy/paste only the fret hand positions.

The easiest way to manually add them to your bass path might be to use the second piano roll (song>second piano roll>display), then put the guitar arrangement on this extra piano roll. Now you can easily see the FHP for both, and edit the bass chart accordingly.

If the bass part is fairly simple, there's a good chance that automatically generating the FHP will be good enough for you. This will not overwrite the FHP that you manually added for the guitar part - just make sure the bass part is selected before the FHP are generated.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck!

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

12 minutes ago, GetTheLedOut said:

I am not aware of a way to copy/paste only the fret hand positions.

The easiest way to manually add them to your bass path might be to use the second piano roll (song>second piano roll>display), then put the guitar arrangement on this extra piano roll. Now you can easily see the FHP for both, and edit the bass chart accordingly.

If the bass part is fairly simple, there's a good chance that automatically generating the FHP will be good enough for you. This will not overwrite the FHP that you manually added for the guitar part - just make sure the bass part is selected before the FHP are generated.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot.