Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 403

Mikson

Did a little better:spacer.png

I was back down to 89/90/91 percent using my Junior Jet I. I put it on the stand and grabbed my oldest son's PRS. Score immediately hit 95.9%. If my son needs his guitar back, think I'll be looking for a replacement for my Junior Jet. The difference in playing is night and day. Although it could be in the setup.

• Like 2

@ kayteck - I think I found the issue on my Junior Jet. Radius Gauge shows about the same radius on the neck for the PRS and the Junior Jet. I did not dig out my vernier calipers to measure neck width. The PRS is running a 10" radius. Junior Jet measures about the same measuring near the nut. I need to remove the strings and measure from the fretboard to get really accurate results.

Truss Rod gauge shows .006" at the 6th fret when a capo is holding down the string at the first fret and I press down on the 12th fret.  So that is right where it needs to be. Action at the 12th fret is way too high, though. Medium action for an electric guitar should be 0.065" on the low E string. I'm running between .010 and .011 - medium action for an acoustic!

So - I need to lower the bridge until the low E string is around 0.06 to 0.065. If that causes buzzing, adjust the trussrod. Music Nomad measuring tools at Sweetwater were pretty inexpensive. I picked up a cleaning kit off StewMac - that was pricy! But Sweetwater can get you what you need to measure your action and make decisions from there.

I kept my Jet in my Sunroom (where I have my PC for RS). Temperatures are not stable, and humidity is all over the place. That might have caused the higher action at the 12th fret. I don't keep the PRS in the Sunroom.