Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 402

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 402 =-

Theme week - Summer

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners (2-week's scores counted)

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

☀️ For most of us summertime has come, so let's play a summer week! ☀️

Lead Path:

Beginner:  My Chemical Romance - Summertime (3)

Intermediate:  Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Summertime Blues (5)

Intermediate bonus:  The Night Flight Orchestra - This Boy's Last Summer (5)

Advanced:  Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (7)

Masterclass:  Savatage - Summer's Rain (8)

God of Guitar:  Van Halen - Summer Nights (9.5) week 1 of 2

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Summertime Blues (3)

Intermediate:  Savatage - Summer's Rain (5)

Intermediate bonus:  Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (4)

Advanced:  The Night Flight Orchestra - This Boy's Last Summer (6)

Masterclass:  Van Halen - Summer Nights (9)

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (3)

Beginner bonus:  Savatage - Summer's Rain (2)

Intermediate:  Grease - Summer Nights (6)

Intermediate bonus: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Summertime Blues (4.5)

Advanced:  The Night Flight Orchestra - This Boy's Last Summer (6.5)

Masterclass:  Van Halen - Summer Nights (8)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 3

Ok so we have some good songs to play this week - related to the summer theme. All of them are fun to play for me. That's why I recommend trying songs outside your class as well. I have added bonuses to each class for more choice, everyone will find something interesting! Enjoy!

Referring to the results for the last 2 weeks:

@kayteck @Banjoclan You have achieved over 99% accuracy in a song with a difficulty rating of 3, so you can be promoted to Intermediate Class on Lead. If you want to, write here!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mikson said:

Ok so we have some good songs to play this week - related to the summer theme. All of them are fun to play for me. That's why I recommend trying songs outside your class as well. I have added bonuses to each class for more choice, everyone will find something interesting! Enjoy!

@kayteck @Banjoclan You have achieved over 99% accuracy in a song with a difficulty rating of 3, so you can be promoted to Intermediate Class on Lead. If you want to, write here!

i think i pass... coincidence  :)... i will stay on begginer. 

these songs were more like rhythm, for me at least, even if they were made on lead path.

i will see in few weeks.

My two cents for this weeks GoG:

Tonewise, chart was pretty good, tones were accurate. The chart itself was messy during the solo (Well, charting an Eddie Van Halen solo is always a pain in the ass but it's doable with the right techniques), but the slides, the tappings without the proper notation and some sections were not cool. In top of that, the note detection was terrible

The rest of the song seemed pretty good, so the main draw of this chart is the note detection and the solo section being messy, so this is my first and last try on this one.

spacer.png

• Like 3

9A7alLl.jpg

6 hours ago, Mikson said:

I'll move up.

• Thanks 1

comment regarding songs level in lead.

After 1 pass of each song I think Beginner and Intermediate should be swapped.

For me personally Joan Jett is 3-4 and My Chemical Romance is around 4-5.

I got 85% in beginner and 94% in intermediate...

Joan Jet R great fun https://www.mediafire.com/view/0rz5s8q3g6tqj9r/JoanJet-Summertimeblues-100%25R.png/file

Joan Jet L single string stuff aint so good https://www.mediafire.com/view/sbn7ga0w2qcn76h/Joan-95%25-L.png/file

Bryan R - played this a few times https://www.mediafire.com/view/yzujb6axz94h2d9/Bryan-R-98%25.png/file

Bryan L - Not played this much ....needs lots of work https://www.mediafire.com/view/ydcztdgg3j9aldv/Bryan-L-66%25.png/file

unfortunately Media fire has stopped the ability to paste pics...... any tips on what's the best alternative ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Telboy said:

Joan Jet R great fun https://www.mediafire.com/view/0rz5s8q3g6tqj9r/JoanJet-Summertimeblues-100%25R.png/file

Joan Jet L single string stuff aint so good https://www.mediafire.com/view/sbn7ga0w2qcn76h/Joan-95%25-L.png/file

Bryan R - played this a few times https://www.mediafire.com/view/yzujb6axz94h2d9/Bryan-R-98%25.png/file

Bryan L - Not played this much ....needs lots of work https://www.mediafire.com/view/ydcztdgg3j9aldv/Bryan-L-66%25.png/file

unfortunately Media fire has stopped the ability to paste pics...... any tips on what's the best alternative ?

So, I was having trouble last week and this is what I did.

1st Take the screenshot.

2nd go to the steam screenshot uploader (hope you're using steam)

3rd right click the pic you want and choose save as. I think it will default save to your pictures folder.

4th Go to that folder and drag and drop here.

Here's an example

summertime.thumb.jpg.3a36a529ea099f92aa5589922d81c6d2.jpg

7 hours ago, kayteck said:

comment regarding songs level in lead.

After 1 pass of each song I think Beginner and Intermediate should be swapped.

For me personally Joan Jett is 3-4 and My Chemical Romance is around 4-5.

I got 85% in beginner and 94% in intermediate...

It's just that everyone has their own predispositions and preferences, so something that seems easy to me, may for others seems more difficult than the difficulty rating indicates. 

For the My Chemical Romance song, I got 98% on the first try and 99% on the second try, so I found it clear 3. For Joan Jett's song, my highest score on the two tries is 93%. Perhaps it's not a 5, but I think it's 4 minimum, and still Intermediate. 

Of course I can make a swap, but needs more votes. @Rodman - can you check these two songs and help with rating? Of course, everyone's feedback is also welcome 🙂

• Like 1

I'll show some of my previous scores.

I wrote about it above. Besides surprisingly pleasant song.

spacer.png

Very fun to play and great sounding rock&roll song. I have some problems with solo parts, so I rated it 5 (maybe too high).

spacer.png

An interesting band that I discovered recently.

spacer.png

Probably the biggest hit of this selection. The lead part can be problematic with a lot of arpeggios, but I think it's a hard advanced (7-7.5). Let it be a challenge!

spacer.png

Beautiful song, very emotional.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I can't resist playing Eddie Cochran tunes (Summertime Blues) - 100%

Or the Joan Jett cover - 100%

I only got Summer Nights up to 99.7%.  I'll post a screen shot when I make 100.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
7 hours ago, Mikson said:

It's just that everyone has their own predispositions and preferences, so something that seems easy to me, may for others seems more difficult than the difficulty rating indicates. 

For the My Chemical Romance song, I got 98% on the first try and 99% on the second try, so I found it clear 3. For Joan Jett's song, my highest score on the two tries is 93%. Perhaps it's not a 5, but I think it's 4 minimum, and still Intermediate. 

Of course I can make a swap, but needs more votes. @Rodman - can you check these two songs and help with rating? Of course, everyone's feedback is also welcome 🙂

Of course! Will do this eve!

• Thanks 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

21 hours ago, Mikson said:

so after playing both songs in lead few times i understand why the level is at what it is 🙂.

I am constantly improving Beginner level and i think it was a beginners luck with Intermediate as I cannot get even near 90% 😄 and my 1st try at 94 is the best of 6-7 runs and some time in riff repeater LOL...

cheers...

• Like 2

something seems off with this, sync maybe?
NVNnagT.png

I guess you tap this or something?
Does the bass even play this? Starting to suspect the bass tab was cheesed off the guitar which'd explain some of the other fingering weirdness.
m6wLHU1.png

Standard chord hell with legato funny business.
n5AWxx8.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
5 minutes ago, Mikson said:

So the question of matching songs for beginner and intermediate classes seems to be solved. So @Rodman  you can continue your rest haha!

No Rest till Brooklyn!

• Haha 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@coldrampage

About Van Halen song.

When first time I played bass part, it also seemed strange to me. But I read in the author's comment that he was using the official tabs from ultimate-guitar side. So I checked it and it looks like this screen:

But whether it should be like that - I have no idea 🙂

VH Bass.jpg

• Like 1