$15 to who ever creates a Megalomania by Black Sabbath Tab (bass)

Cole245

Avdocatwork - From The Classic Rock Coalition - here at CustomsForge.

I have charted many Black Sabbath songs - I will chart it because I Dig it.

I ran across a remaster version - awesome!

Talk to me Cole245 ! I don't need no $15.00 we can work together and get it done.

Live Version - 

Edited by avdocatwork
update

You sir are a saint, I've never worked on a rocksmith chart before but am willing to help. I can play it on bass but not guitar, so you'd kinda be on your own for guitar. But for bass I am more than willing to help out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cole245 said:

But for bass I am more than willing to help out!

Are there more like you!? Take me to your leader! 😜

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Hi Cole245,

I have gathered all the resources for this great tune. Started charting Black Sabbath - Megalomania (2013 Remaster). I plan on 4 6-String paths - 1 Lead and 1 Rhythm paths and 2 Guitar paths for overdubs and fills. And of course the Bass path and Vocal path. I have some great Guitar Tones from all the earlier Black Sabbath tunes I have charted to put into this CDLC. This tune is nearly 10 minuets long and I have already synced the first two minuets so far and it's looking pretty good. I guess you will be the 2nd to test play the Bass path after me, and I will appreciate any help on getting the Bass path charted right. I will send you a link to the finished PSARC. Are you on PC, Mac, Xbox or PS3?

Later, And keep Rockin', avdocatwork

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, GetTheLedOut said:

Are there more like you!? Take me to your leader! 😜

Hi GetTheLedOut,

It looks like there is a fairly new feature here at CustomsForge. You can follow your favorite Custom Charters. And I couldn't think of one better, then to follow you, buddy. It says when you follow someone - You will receive a notification when GetTheLedOut posts new content. I followed you by going to your home page and clicked the follow button. Interested in seeing what happens.

Keep Rockin' - avdocatwork

• Thanks 1

Hi Cole245,

I have seen so many really bad Bass charts and Guitar Pro files with really bad Bass Tab. I found a few fairly nice one below. What do you think about it? It doesn't say if it's in E standard or C# tuning. I will check it out in both turnings.

https://www.ultimate-tabs.com/black-sabbath/megalomania-bass

I plan on making a Custom DLC of just the Bass path and send it to you, to see if I am on the right track with this Bass line.

Later, avdocatwork

Hi Cole245

I started charting a separate Bass line, 1 Bass line is in E standard tuning and the alternate Bass is in C# tuning. The download link to the custom is listed below.

Give it a try. I kind of like the C# tuning the best. It is nowhere near being finished yet, but let me know if I am on the right track so far?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlpeI5Zh_71zgYw52tAlOezs8Gd_7Q?e=rjq2nd

Later, avdocatwork

• Thanks 1

Hey @avdocatwork, everything sounds great!  I looked at the link and didn't see anywhere to download the C# tuning however. But from what I can see you're doing a great job so far.  Just to make things easy I usually just play in E Standard but either way works (although I do believe the original is in C# Standard). You're 100% on the right track, if you have an update or need anything from me please let me know!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cole245 said:

Hey @avdocatwork, everything sounds great!  I looked at the link and didn't see anywhere to download the C# tuning however. But from what I can see you're doing a great job so far.  Just to make things easy I usually just play in E Standard but either way works (although I do believe the original is in C# Standard). You're 100% on the right track, if you have an update or need anything from me please let me know!

Hi @Cole245

I am happy you like what I have charted on the Bass line so far and I seem to have a decent tab to chart the Bass path with. I know what you mean, I usually play and try to chart in E Standard also. The C# chart is in the same CDLC as the E standered one, it is the Alternate Bass Path.

I had to click the link a few times to get to the Custom DLC, for some reason. The first time they wanted me to sign in, then I clicked it again and the CDLC showed up the second time. I don't know whats up with that.

Later avdocatwork,

Hi

Hi @ Cole245

Here is the updated Bass Line for Black Sabbath - Megalomania Bass (2013 Remaster) you will be able to slow it down in Riff Repeater to see if the notes are right. Give it a try and let me know if any notes need to be changed.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlpeI5Zh_71zgYw52tAlOezs8Gd_7Q?e=y0IgqI

Later, avdocatwork

hey @ avdocatwork !  Apologies for getting back to you a bit late, I'm very busy with training for work atm so haven't had a whole lot of time for RockSmith. I really like what I hear from this!  It isn't the EXACT way I play it (2nd verse), however I learned it by ear years ago and the bass isn't the loudest so it's pretty much up for interpretation.  Still, great tabbing. I'm not sure if you've seen this already but a guy on youtube created a great cover of this song along with tabs he made in the description. After looking it over I honestly think he's playing it a bit more accurately than I.  The tabs aren't in E standard, however I'm sure it'd be pretty easy for you to translate them on the fly.  I don't know if you're already looking at a tab sheet or doing this by ear, but I want to make it as easy for you as possible, and this looks like a great tab sheet to work with!

Hi @ Cole245  also @ GetTheLedOut   and @ Grillsen   

Well I spent a lot of time charting Black Sabbath - Megalomania Bass (2013 Remaster). The Bass Path is the one you (Cole245) suggester the chart by Hettmar on YouTube in C# tuning. The Alternate Bass Path is what I have been charting in E standard with Tab and by ear. There are sections in both charts, I have not figured out yet, it is still a work in progress, but a lot of it is finished I think. I haven't even test played them yet. Plan on playing them within the next couple days.

I even charted the Lyrics Path my favorite phrase in the Lyrics, I'm really digging schizophrenia the best of the earth. I chased my soul in the fires of hell. I think I am having a flash back to the 70's and Trippin' after repeatedly listening to this song over and over, charting this thing. Link is below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlpeI5Zh_71zgYw5mOhaAhrDp9mz_Q?e=TumRFq

Later, avdocatwork

Hi Classic Rock Coalition Guys, Just wanted to let you know I am alive and well here in Dallas, Texas. Hope every one else is OK.

@ mczero , @ SlickWilly , @ A51Ripcord , @ KJParsley , @ JamesPrestonUK , @ fripponomic , @ RSBass , @ jbroch  , @ avdocatwork , @ manchot66

@ torkk , @ RufusDelta , @ Crossbolt242 , @ Aludog , @ albatross213 , @ RobotMom , @ Liquidlizard , @ Tank-OR , @ PC Plum , @ Snake3169

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I assume you have downloaded this, but just in case you missed it.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/black-sabbath/megalomania-guitar-pro-1445571

It may not be the performance you are interested in doing but it might help. Seemed like a pretty good tab to me, except it's missing some of the ad lib at the end.

Unaccredited Charter

6 hours ago, mczero said:

I assume you have downloaded this, but just in case you missed it.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/black-sabbath/megalomania-guitar-pro-1445571

It may not be the performance you are interested in doing but it might help. Seemed like a pretty good tab to me, except it's missing some of the ad lib at the end.

Oh, yeah I saw that one. It is pretty far off of being right. Not even close on the Bass line. I am checking out the Guitar tracks though.

Later, and thanks  @ mczero  , -  avdocatwork

On 7/19/2021 at 11:36 PM, avdocatwork said:

Oh, yeah I saw that one. It is pretty far off of being right. Not even close on the Bass line. I am checking out the Guitar tracks though.

Later, and thanks  @ mczero  , -  avdocatwork

Had another listen, and yeah. I wonder if he's in the wrong mode or scale or something, eg like he didn't flatten the third or whatever. I don't know the song well enough to suggest any more than that.

Unaccredited Charter

Hi @ mczero

Yeah, there are a lot of GP files and Tabs that musicians have attempted to chart the Bass path of Megalomania, only Geezer Butler knows for sure.

And I am wondering if I even will be able to chart a decent Bass Path to Megalomania myself. But here I am, attempting it. The only thing I have on my side is feedback from CustomsForge and RockSmith Bass players, but there are few providing feed back here nowadays.

Thanks Buddy,

avdocatwork

Bass players help needed. Come on Bass players join the conversation here, and help me chart a nice Bass path for Black Sabbath's  - Megalomania any help will be appreciated by many here at CustomsForge and RockSmith by many rockin' Bass players.

Later, avdocatwork

Hey guys,

nice song that you are discussing here. The bassline is very demanding and not easy to transcode by ear. The spelling of the YT Video Tabs from Hettmar is absolutely correct. The same version can be seen on Songterr. Some corrections and adjustments to RS have yet to be made.

here I quickly corrected the intro with small changes. In the video above my correction and below Hettmar's tabs. The speed is reduced to 90. It is better to let the audio run slower between 75 and 90 is often a good speed for that.

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7prr955v2fdh3tj/bandicam 2021-07-21 19-46-37-046.mp4?dl=0

Here a Live Cover version near to the "Hettmar" Tabs

Link:

and here special cover from a Unkown private Bedroom Basslpayer 🙂

all well and good, but we need an acceptable version for Rocksmith 🙂 I can continue to work on the bassline and present my correction here. Of course, it can also happen that new errors are incorporated. So it would be good if other bass players also cast their votes in order to then present a really good bassline for Rocksmith and close to the original ... All the best!

• Like 3