Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 398

Some Zombies been running around.9iaWlEu.png

Trying to decide between working on Muffin Man on bass or If I had a Gun on lead. Muffin Man is fun, but I'd like to advance beyond beginner on lead - and that might take a few weeks. Hmmm. New strategy is rhythm on the Gretsch Junior Jet strung with 10-46s and lead on the PRS SE strung with 9-42s. Let's see how that works.

• Like 2

oof need to practice those chords
9dvvszV.png

It's to hot to be playing metal here, I'm melting.
Kuyqa8p.png

• Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Scores update - class songs:

I was trying this one in Score attack few times, but never got over 98%... there ware always few notes where finger slept off and missed... 

bWby4DH.jpg

This one is so fun to play, despite  strange (for me) chords changes... could not get above 90% though.

However, I like the progress I have seen with this one after each try 🙂 I was starting at approx 80 and it was consequently improved like 81, 83, 85, 85, 87, 89, 90...  motivating.. pity that it stopped on 90 😉  

KDFv0Fn.jpg

This one i was not able to pass in Score Attack... those bridges are lethal 😉

uypAi5V.jpg

And few non clss scores:

Awkward chords + capo = low score... i won't blame poor recognition... just not my song 😉 i played it few times, but 1st was the best 😉

CGVHLlC.jpg 

Bass is complete different story 🙂 I have played it only once

6ihNKUe.jpg

Again.. this one is so cool to play, and also only one try.. probably possible to master in 3-4 tries...

DoUT1Pg.jpg

And this one completely not my cup of tea... again, i was trying to play it once or twice more, but 1st was the best.

WkCF6sX.jpg

And last but not least.... master of  the ceremony... mesmerizing.... 

lCbwSOx.jpg

• Like 4

I really enjoyed using the PRS SE Standard my oldest son lent me for this song. The action felt a little more comfortable. Anyway, some more of them there High Flying Birds. Think I'll work on Muffin Man. My score isn't competitive there yet. Leaving Zombie Barricade on rhythm alone. That's a little advanced for me at this point.

Li8hXsI.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

Some Zombies been running around.

Trying to decide between working on Muffin Man on bass or If I had a Gun on lead. Muffin Man is fun, but I'd like to advance beyond beginner on lead - and that might take a few weeks. Hmmm. New strategy is rhythm on the Gretsch Junior Jet strung with 10-46s and lead on the PRS SE strung with 9-42s. Let's see how that works.

How do you play Rocksmith on Linux?

2 hours ago, ZeroPingNZ said:

How do you play Rocksmith on Linux?

Proton gets it up and running really well, at least for Ubuntu. The link is here: https://www.protondb.com/app/221680

Some of the steps I had to do are:

Install steam-installer from Ubuntu Software repository.

Once steam-installer was installed and got Steam running and then installed Rocksmith2014, I had to go in to Steam, right click Rocksmith 2014, click on Compatibility and clicked "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool." I then selected Proton 5.13-6. I was not able to get Rocksmith to run without doing this. Not sure if it's still required, but I had to try out different Proton versions.

Then just go to the protondb link above for edits.

The first steps noted below are from the protondb link:

Install winetricks, then from terminal:
WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/221680/pfx winetricks sound=alsa

To select Rocksmith Real Tone Cable as input device

WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/221680/pfx winecfg

If you have to, disable pulseaudio
systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.socket
systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.service

I did not have to disable pulseaudio. You probably won't need to. If you do stop it, you'll need to restart it to get sound working again outside of the game. Again - I didn't have to mess with it.

The below is extra, and only if you want to get CFSM running under Linux:

I installed PlayonLinux from Ubuntu software store. I used it to install CFSM Manager for Windows.

Used PlayOnLinux to install CFSM Manager for Windows
Used PlayOnLinux to install the app in a new virtual drive.
Used PlayOnLinux to install dotnet40
Created a symbolic link.  Rocksmith is in a hidden directory, under .steam, and Wine can't see hidden (.) files
The symbolic link calls /home/bruce/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 Rocksmith

(so when I look at my directory structure, I have a directory called Rocksmith just under my home directory)

Since CFSM Song Manager comes with an installer, and PlayOnLinux did a good job installing it, I used PlayOnLinux to open the directory for CFSM virtual drive and installed RocksmithToTab there.

RocksmithToTab
Located directory CFSM was installed in (CFSongManager).

Created Rocksmith to Tab V1.1 directory
Copied RocksmithToTab zip file over and unzipped it
Opened up PLayOnLinux
Selected CFSM, then selected "Open the Directory"
Went to RocksmithToTab directory and ran the rocksmithtotab GUI.
Rocksmith directory - I previously made a symlink to get CFSM working: Z:\home\bruce\Rocksmith
Saved tabs to: c:\users\bruce\My Documents\RocksmithTabs
used .gp5 format

Then I installed tuxguitar. Tuxguitar reads the rocksmithtotab files with no problems.

Located Rocksmith tabs directory, to tell TuxGuitar where to find the files:
\home\bruce\.PlayOnLinux\wineprefix\CFSM\drive_c\users\bruce\My Documents\RocksmithTabs

I've printed out some tabs for simple songs and have tried going into Score Attack on Master Mode and trying to play just using tabs. It's kind of hard, but it's been a very long time since I played just using tabs.

Editor On Fire
Copied down Editor On File full program
Extracted.
Copied to CFSongManager virtual drive. This opens up.

For the life of me, I can't get DLCBuilder running under PlayOnLinux. If I go for an updated laptop, I'll probably switch to Windows as I'd like to create some The Cramps cdlc. I like early rock, rockabilly, psychobilly, surf and garage music - and lately have been liking The Cramps. I'm not finding a lot of early roots type music.