Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 397

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
On 5/30/2021 at 7:30 PM, Jakobgreve said:

man its hard to play guitar after playing bass, btw do you guys frown upon playing fingerpick bass songs with a pick?

For me bass is fingerpicking, i never use a pick. I encourage evryone to try that 😉

You can use a pick whenever you want of course.

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Rules doc and song selection list have been updated for the brandnew bass-class-diff-ratings

Beg 1-4

Int 5-6

Adv 7-8

Mc 8-9

Gog 10

• Thanks 3

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

On 6/1/2021 at 12:59 AM, jellisjenius said:

Welcome to the Championship! Those are some really good sight read scores. I would suggest you start at advanced, or maybe intermediate if you're not convinced. Let us know and we'll update the leaderboards.

I've decided I will try advanced... I'm not terribly convinced however, I enjoy the challenge and I feel like every week is a new challenge and my playing has improved in areas I may typically neglect.

• Like 3

So "Too Bad" on rhythm is a bit beyond my abilities at the moment.  The 94.5% is only at 70% speed. When viewing my screen capture - I'm really only hitting 76% at full speed. I'll work on it some more, but I'm at several hours at slower speeds, 11 play throughs on Learn a Song and about 7 attempts on Score Attack. But I bet with a little more work, I can get through it on score attack! We'll see by Friday night.

uoh3ARZ.png

• Like 2

GdpAGi2.jpg

I realized i suck at 1 note per string altpicking... is that how ur supposed to play it? or am I supposed to sweep pick it?

ill try to 95%+ it and then ill move on to rhythm (which im not sure im competing, can you guys add me to INT at rhythm path too?)

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 8:44 PM, chaosguitar said:

I've decided I will try advanced... I'm not terribly convinced however, I enjoy the challenge and I feel like every week is a new challenge and my playing has improved in areas I may typically neglect.

If you achieved over 93% accuracy on "Too Bad" and "Animals" on your first try, then in my opinion you are a strong advanced, somewhere between an advanced class and master class. So advanced is ok for you, although sometimes you may not have much competition here 😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Anitomer said:

I realized i suck at 1 note per string altpicking... is that how ur supposed to play it? or am I supposed to sweep pick it?

I don't know if I understand what you're writing about, but I played it like this - 3 strings down (D, G, B), 3 strings up (E, B, G). It seems most natural.

55 minutes ago, Anitomer said:

ill try to 95%+ it and then ill move on to rhythm (which im not sure im competing, can you guys add me to INT at rhythm path too?)

Yes, just show your score and you will be added to the table.

P2bQ5IV.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mikson said:

I don't know if I understand what you're writing about, but I played it like this - 3 strings down (D, G, B), 3 strings up (E, B, G). It seems most natural.

yeah you understood exactly what i meant, i alternate picked everything (up down up down up the whole song). maybe ill try your way

• Like 2

ftl

41347778gi.jpg

• Like 2

This week is kind of strange for me... feel of playing the songs completely does not reflect a proposed difficulty levels.

In addition I only had two days to play... yesterday and today...

My class songs appeared to be more difficult for me than higher class...

Lead... quite easy... 2 is quite OK.

bKaPRhT.jpg

Rhythm... opposite... quite difficult... lots of going on, jumping between threats and strings, lots of "solo" sections. it is like 6-6.5 for me.

Fun to play though... and I just realised I did not make a print screen with 80%. 79% then... I will see if I will have time to play few more times to beat it...

ISOYwmG.jpg

In bass it went quite smooth... could be slightly better but no time... could be 6.

Brizl49.jpg

And now where the fun begins...

in rhythm Megadeath just went so smooth I was surprised myself... and it was just 4th try... I feel I could do much better if I have time to practice as there is one riff I am missing notes all the time... level 6.

ME2AhgQ.jpg

Also in bass it went very smooth... for whatever reason advanced bonus bass I was nearly at 100% but finger slipped from a string on some stage...don 't have time to play through again... level 4 for me... don't know why it is 6.  it is so much easier than Muse and Rival Sons.

GK3Vtiu.jpg

Muse a little more tricky, but still... quite easy... more smooth for me to play than intermediate, despite lower score... Level 6

aZk0DhU.jpg

Beginner bass songs quite easy.. no time to do another pass for 100%... both level 2 for me.

SF9xsEH.jpg

z8BwtXC.jpg

And finally.. i am just wondering... Is anybody reading all these comment to the screenshots LOL 🙂

• Like 5

muse is fantastic

41347855ew.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kayteck said:

And finally.. i am just wondering... Is anybody reading all these comment to the screenshots LOL 🙂

I do! 🙂 But mostly because I'm curious about how it goes for you. I think we are rather close level-wise.

Again to day, I couldn't improve my accuracy scores. And that is a bit annoying. I'm only playing the two advanced songs, but I can't seem to improve it, no matter how much I try. When it comes to Megadeth, I think it comes down to luck, but with Animals I can't get that first riff certain. I miss just one part or another most times, and I've practiced it slow. Especially the upward movement (blue 5-7-9, orange 7-8-9) is annoying. I can play it, but not tight and precise, so in tempo one note gets wrong...
But this could be a good point to have a real teacher, to show me how to do it... right.

Anyway. Wonderful songs in advanced class (maybe because they are rather non-advanced 😉 ).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Orkkongen said:

I do! 🙂 But mostly because I'm curious about how it goes for you. I think we are rather close level-wise.

Again to day, I couldn't improve my accuracy scores. And that is a bit annoying. I'm only playing the two advanced songs, but I can't seem to improve it, no matter how much I try. When it comes to Megadeth, I think it comes down to luck, but with Animals I can't get that first riff certain. I miss just one part or another most times, and I've practiced it slow. Especially the upward movement (blue 5-7-9, orange 7-8-9) is annoying. I can play it, but not tight and precise, so in tempo one note gets wrong...
But this could be a good point to have a real teacher, to show me how to do it... right.

Anyway. Wonderful songs in advanced class (maybe because they are rather non-advanced 😉 ).

I am the same with following your comments LOL 🙂

With megadeath it feels like natural for me.. i was so close to 100%... i could play it nearly 100% from my 1st try. i did not have to struggle at all, like sometimes with other songs. It just plays along 🙂

With muse I have no problem with the part you are describing... my most usual miss comes just after it where there is a change from orange to blue 🙂

• Like 1

nice beg

41348012en.jpg

• Like 1

So I try lovely Animals again...

20210530202638-1.jpg

...and again

20210531210251-1.jpg

I am surprised. When half a year ago, maybe more, I added a suggestion for this song, I couldn't achieve 90%, so I rated this 7.5. And now I'm doing much better, although I don't feel it while playing.

• Like 1